Prestigion

Is there a list of gankers?

The main reason I ganked lowbies on vanilla WoW in lowbie zones is so that, hopefully, if I gank them enough times and they're in a guild, they will call their guild mates to come kill me.  This makes it so me and the lowbies lvl 60 guildies get to experience fun PvP in a zone that no 60s hardly ever PvP in. Having different terrain, maybe buildings to run around or in.  Also the more guildies they bring to try to kill/camp me, the more guildies I bring from my PvP guild.

Soon ganking one lowbie over and over for 30mins could turn into a 10v10 epic battle in duskwood or Thousand needles(parachute capes!)

Although when I was an angry kid the main reason used to just make the lowbie mad, really really mad by camping his body and having a friend of mine camp @ the spirit healer in the zone so when he finally rezes there, he dies and takes the durability loss. That's real asshole moves

On 03.08.2017 at 6:01 PM, iwcham1979 said:

Why do people gank?  My main guess is people do it just because they can. Humans can do some messed up things if they know they can get away with it. 
Maybe they're just miserable in real life and take it out on people they know they can beat. Who knows. This is the odd age in which being a sociopath is "hip" Although most people just use that term as an excuse to be a jerk.

Never killed a lowby on retail for no reason, never will here.... If you take satisfaction in taking  candy from a child, i guess you need medical help.  I always played on a pvp server to have fun at max lvl. One shoting ppl questing is for retards... When somebody does it to me, i just say to myself, well there's a retard. Oh, well...

Couldn't agree more.

If you like ganking low lvl players without getting any honor from it, just for the sake of ganking - then you have a great opportunity to start figuring out what the fuck is wrong with you, because something clearly is.

Roll PVE. If you didn't start pre Nost PVE launch, you've no excuses. You roll PVP, this is the kind of shit you have to deal with. Even after you get 60, you'll be bullied by raiders in full purples everywhere for months. They fill every BG, and they're farming everything worth anything. Luckily on Anathema, which is now a ghost town, farming has gotten much less frustrating. Plants are the only thing that's obsessed over anymore, as the realm is a bunch of drug addicts.

Horde none stop ganked me for weeks and weeks in Redridge and Duskwood. So much, in fact, that i quit playing for 2 months. Why shouldn't I get my revenge?

4 hours ago, Scrooloose said:

Horde none stop ganked me for weeks and weeks in Redridge and Duskwood. So much, in fact, that i quit playing for 2 months. Why shouldn't I get my revenge?

because somebody's feewings will get hurt :(

I kill lowbies till they call their 60 mains to me, and kill them too, and /laugh at them. As alli, we got tortured in searing gorge/burning steppes/dire maul first few months of launch. Just biting back.

8 hours ago, Scrooloose said:

I see a lot of people thinking this way, and it's so damn hilarious.

What do you mean by revenge? Killing the same people who have killed you, or killing completely different players who are lower level than you?
"Revenge", my ass.

11 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

I see a lot of people thinking this way, and it's so damn hilarious.

What do you mean by revenge? Killing the same people who have killed you, or killing completely different players who are lower level than you?
"Revenge", my ass.

It depends how you look at it. You could look at a single low level player as being part of a "faction" that you have grew to hate and therefore have hatred for that faction and everything/everyone in it, therefore everyone belonging to that faction needs to die. However, you could have pity for lower level players because they are inexperience and less powerful.

I was going to make a comparison to Real life war, but that would be stupid as there are no "levels", only experience and gear/weapons and death is permanent.

However, i know what a pain being ganked was for hours on end, almost to the point where it made me quit. Do I care if my ganking makes a lowbie horde quit?? Maybe ...i dunno....

Its part of the game, also its expected when you join a PvP server. Was the reason I became skilled at PvP on Vanilla (revenge is one hell of a drug) aside for taking breaks from raiding. My advice is, if you know you will get ganked, join a PvP guild or have friends who you can call whenever they are trying to camp you for too long, last but not least first level a class with stealth capabilities like a rogue or druid as your main, that way you can switch to your main if the thing get serious, worked me on Vanilla era as I had always at least 2 friends who were eager to join the PvP fun...

On 8/4/2017 at 11:35 PM, ashtocabinet said:

I have a level 60 horde rogue on elysium pvp. 

I gank lowbies at all levels when it's convenient. If they run away and it takes me longer than 30 seconds to chase then I generally let you go.

Sometimes I make exceptions, I.e. if you try really hard to get away and you're clearly pleased with yourself, or if you don't bend the knee, I kill you. Depends on my mood. Like a real dictator. 

Its a power trip that is insanely fun. Also, after I hit the 30+ lowbie body count (usually in red ridge) and I pop that blade fury and about 10 Alli die around me at the same time, the hilarious tears start flowing and I literally can't stop laughing. 

They cry and summon their 60 friends. I kill them too. If there's too many I ask my friends to come and before you know it, we have legit world pvp occurring. 

It all comes full circle. 

wow, just look at what you said.

how miserable your real life are i wonder.

On 14.08.2017 at 0:41 AM, Scrooloose said:

You could look at a single low level player as being part of a "faction" that you have grew to hate and therefore have hatred for that faction and everything/everyone in it, therefore everyone belonging to that faction needs to die.

Well that's exactly why its funny, because this way of thinking is quite delusional. A faction isn't a single concious entity, its just a mass of other players. What are the reasons to hate some players of enemy faction just because some other players ganked you? None, they have nothing in common.

At the end of the day, such logic comes down to: "I have been hurt, so now I want to hurt others", which I can understand, but it is just such a weak position. This has nothing to do with revenge.

49 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

Well that's exactly why its funny, because this way of thinking is quite delusional. A faction isn't a single concious entity, its just a mass of other players. What are the reasons to hate some players of enemy faction just because some other players ganked you? None, they have nothing in common.

At the end of the day, such logic comes down to: "I have been hurt, so now I want to hurt others", which I can understand, but it is just such a weak position. This has nothing to do with revenge.

Ever heard of roleplaying?

2 hours ago, arbet said:

Ever heard of roleplaying?

Oh yes, I expected someone to mention RP. Great point! Obviously, gankers are just extremely dedicated roleplayers, and they don't just gank for reasons stated earlier in this thread - no, its the role they chose for their character. Because playing a role of a war maniac cutting down helpless enemies is so interesting and opens up so many ways of developing their deeply thought-out characters. And after hours and hours of extreme roleplay ganking they all gather in a tavern to tell their war stories... yeah.

Or maybe... maybe they are merely scrubs who kill low level enemies for fun and just because they can. 

Ever heard of common sense? Go get some.

20 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

Oh yes, I expected someone to mention RP. Great point! Obviously, gankers are just extremely dedicated roleplayers, and they don't just gank for reasons stated earlier in this thread - no, its the role they chose for their character. Because playing a role of a war maniac cutting down helpless enemies is so interesting and opens up so many ways of developing their deeply thought-out characters. And after hours and hours of extreme roleplay ganking they all gather in a tavern to tell their war stories... yeah.

Or maybe... maybe they are merely scrubs who kill low level enemies for fun and just because they can. 

Ever heard of common sense? Go get some.

I'm not talking about all gankers, but the poster you replied to was talking about roleplaying and you seemed like you had never heard of it...

I agree it's completely pathetic, not saying I believe any gankers are roleplaying but its what the other poster said.

1 hour ago, arbet said:

I'm not talking about all gankers, but the poster you replied to was talking about roleplaying and you seemed like you had never heard of it...

I agree it's completely pathetic, not saying I believe any gankers are roleplaying but its what the other poster said.

The funny thing is he probably wasn't talking about RP. I think he really meant genuinely hating all players of enemy faction, because if he wasn't, his post makes even less sense.

Sorry for being rude, took your question as a sarcasm.

Better add me to the list.  I gank all the time. lol

Running around slaughtering helpless noobs is pretty funny.  Although personally I prefer a challenge.

But if you're going to cry about it or somehow expect others to play how you want them to then that is your problem.

Good luck with your list lol

I´m glad I dont have the time to spend it on this endless and senseless corpse runs anymore.

It´s really fun to see people spend so much time on things pi$$ing them of. Why do you do this? Play another game, see some daylight, drink a beer with friends, There are enough other hobbies, so let the lonely, sad boys  have theirs.