Sign in to follow this  
Applejax

Life Drain Question

I'm a noob lock (Lvl 22) and it seems like life drain is pretty low to me. A) Does it get much better at higher levels? B) Is the Imp. Life Drain worth it? And is there any way to boost it? I read a comment in the forums before about +to heal items. Is that just trolling or will it boost life drain at all? Thx!

life drain is never vry powerful unless u stack spellpower (dmg or healing, dmg increases both while healing just does the healing side) or get the talent

drain life + siphon life is huge for leveling. Shoot for shadow damage items, which will increase the damage it drains + the heal portion.

Not really until you get 3-set T1 which increases the life you gain by 15% combined with the talent for another 10%. It also scales pretty bad with Drain Life. As a leveling warlock you will want to go demonology so you can survive the ganks. I recommend going for this spec at 33, then continuing down the affliction tree grabbing the rest of Improved Corruption, Amplify Curse, Fel Concentration, Nightfall, Grim Reach etc. Do NOT take Improved Drain Soul, it is extremely bad and not worth the points unless you stack spirit gear at which point you will get murdered by gankers. The spec boosts your voidwalker's abilities so when you sac it you gain 30% more shield, then you can pop Fel Domination and summon a new void in 0.5 seconds to gain a second shield. This will make you pretty much invincible against most gankers if they are on similar level or even a bit beyond. I as a 57 managed to fend off and kill a general rank warrior by using this spec, it's incredibly powerful.

Drain life itself isn't a bad skill however the coefficient of drain life is pretty low.By coefficient I mean for example if drain life coefficient is 40% then if u add all the shadow dmg increase items and it's only 40% of that which applies to drain life and then it gets split even more due to it ticking every second.But it is a powerful skill.

Drain life and just life tap.Also being Orc soul link/MD is crazy with drain life.In PvP less dmg done to u so drain life is alot more effective