Sign in to follow this  
Marcelo20XX

Getting geared as a SOLO player

I installed a local copy of the Elysium server and leveled two characters to 60. One is an Affliction Warlock with Tailoring and Enchanting and the other is a Beastmaster Hunter with Skinning and Leatherworking. So far they are fresh in term of gear, is there anyway I can farm any instance for gear, currently I only successfully farmed the Scarlet Monastery and tried to get geared with my professions. The lock had the complete Shadoweave Set and currently farming mats for the Robe of the Winter Night. What are your recommendations, also I plan to level a third char to tank, a Warrior but this will take time...

I will try to Multibox but this can be tricky so I dont know...

...... if hosting your own realm why not just use GM commands to make your toons level 60, and item command to give you what you want?

PS: Mandatory: 

2 hours ago, Marcelo20XX said:

What are your recommendations

header.jpg?t=1479919850

A Solo player may be interested and have more fun in a solo game.

No man, you didn't understand a thing!

First I don't game anymore, I was a wow emu dev once, I know pretty much the inside of every core to the point I just hate coding anymore, I was with the emu scene since the Burlex era. Today I just want to relax and just play the game since I spent years fixing DB and core bugs on every project that popped (Ascent, ArcEmu, Mangos, etc) instead of playing the damn game, that's why although I know the inner workings of the game I don't know a thing of the leveling process (thanks god the Vanilla Guide addon exists) and the gearing process like most of you Vanilla Veterans...

I am not interested in any other game, WoW is the last game I will play since now I have a job and a family and I don't have time to spare, I play WoW just for pure nostalgia and because I owe that to me...

For what is worth, I leveled those characters legally without using any shortcuts or raising any rates on the configs files just to experience for the first time what is one of the best RPG of all time and I had a blast reaching to 60 with those chars, although the world felt empty without the online component but my shitty internet didn't allow me to join you guys, I had horrible pings that make playing online impossible...

Uff, rant mode off, as I said is there any kind soul that could help me with some recommendations, I saw a vid on youtube about a hunter farming the Tribute North of DM but I cant even get to that point because I needed a key that I couldn't obtain solo...

Ah the video from my buddy Hammerlocke.    Good guy.

The key that you need and speak of is not a requirement for your solo tribute runs.

If you have engineering or blacksmithing you can make a Charge to blow the door open or a key (blacksmithing) to open the door before the 3rd guard.  The door in the upper court yard is obtained via lock-box in the middle of the room.

Doing a tribute run, you can get 2 good rings (Tarnished Elven Ring), a dps chest piece, a hunter 2h sword, an okay trinket (counter-attack lodestone) and an Epic 2h Axe.

Loot into solo farming Mara Runs as well as these can be fun for hunters as well, though the rewards are much more limited.

Ok thanks, that some helpful info right there, I will see If I can dig some more info and videos on SOLO farming Maraudon, also do you know of any gear that is somewhat useful that one can get via professions, one of them I found is the Robe of the Winter Night because I got the pattern on my very first kill of that elite dragon on Winterspring and now I am farming mats for my Lock and mage Robes, is there any other item that is similarly easy to obtain or I am better farming instances...

I read that the Devilsaur's set are good enough for hunters and rogues and it requires only minimal farming and a leatherworker...

Btw some serious skill right there from your hunter friend although later he claimed that it was fixed and is currently impossible to do the run on Elysium, I am tempted to revert the commits that fixed that farming but I feel like is somehow cheating :(

The players are the ones that got cheated on that change.   It hurt all classes in farming and cost of specific mats/consumables.

For a bow, your easiest one to get that is decent would be:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?quest=7065

Since you should be able to solo Mara especially as beastmaster if your gear is poor, just move your pet in and out.   The craftable gun requires mats from Molten Core trash mobs.   So I'd use this until a BoE epic drops.