Sign in to follow this  
prsina

The state of Elysium pvp

Let's discuss the state of pvp on Elysium. The Elysium devs for some unknown reason refuse to update the pvp gear at the same time Nostalrius did, disregarding all the evidence suggesting otherwise. They are making retarded non blizzlike changes like lowering the respec cost to encourage pvp etc. Guess what, nobody wants to rank for dogshit r10 gear that is outshined by dungeon blues!

What's up with GMs banning ppl from one of the only 2 EU/NA horde premades atm for supposedly afking in a Cadet turtlemade which refused to cap the flag and end the game? On the other hand, weeks before you had the honor farming studio guy Yantao ported to GM island for AFK scripting and the guy gets a warning and gets back to his old ways. What's up with with certain ppl having marks saved from 3+ weeks and turning 80 great honors and shit? Can someone explain how do some of the chinese rankers evolve from semi-competent players to backpedalling keyboard turning mouthbreathers in the span of 10-12 hours? Why do some of them evolve to decent english speakers during the night? How hard is it to monizor these things upon reporting? What's up with ppl on ZK staying online for 150+ hours and when being reported, GM shows up and says they are extremely dedicated to the project? I know you can't prove chinese account sharing since they all login from the same VPN, but just monitor the way the same character is being played over an x ammount of time and see the differences. Nostalrius literally banned thousands of chinese rankers, while Elysium does what? The chinese have never in the history of any server controlled the brackets except on Elysium horde side due to Elysium allowing them to run rampant with cheating. I've talked to a lot of ppl from ally br1 premadea over the time and they barely see them ingame? Are they dodging or opening empty games like they used to do for months on Nostalrius until the Nost devs had enough decided to call stop to it?

What's up with a dev literally having to change 1 line of code to remove the retarded marks not dissapearing from the mailbox at all bug. I have personally made a bug ticket about it with and also sent tickets about it as I have 7+ days old AV marks in my mailbox not disapearing. Will you sanction abusing this bug as you have santioned people in the past? P.S. Do not try to make this an anti china post because I played with a minority of chinese pvpers all the time, and they were good and competent players.

TLDR;  the state of PvP is the worst on any private server I have played on, and I have played since Scriptcraft, due to allowing disgusting rampant abuse and turning a blind eye to it, as well as changing the original nostalrius timeline that kept the pvp rewards attractive and fresh for generations of rankers.

i watched cadets stream where they turtled the horde premade and the permaban is such a joke in my opinion.

i dont want to waste to much time and write long post here but a "competent" gm shpuld look at the vod once more and unban the 2guys asap

Can you guys elaborate on what got a few people banned.  If it was because they refused to get the last cap in a 2-0 game then I can see why they would sanction a team though a warning would be appropriate for a first time offence.

didn't read it all of it because I was stopped when you said respec cost would be lowered. what a fantastic change, great job team

7 minutes ago, Ironsides said:

didn't read it all of it because I was stopped when you said respec cost would be lowered. what a fantastic change, great job team

Yeah, let's not fix bugs like marks not dissapearing, priests not being able to put PW:S on any1, let's ignore chinese rank boosting operation set up, let's not update the gear the way nostalrius did, but let's lower respec to 25g LMAO!

Just now, prsina said:

Yeah, let's not fix bugs like marks not dissapearing, priests not being able to put PW:S on any1, let's ignore chinese rank boosting operation set up, let's not update the gear the way nostalrius did, but let's lower respec to 25g LMAO!

I'm surprised you've been playing since scriptcraft (6+ years at this point?) and shady things still phase you on p-servers

sad that nothing is being done about the blatant account sharing

it isn't humanly possible to be online 24/7 for 4-5 days in a row

5 hours ago, Ironsides said:

I'm surprised you've been playing since scriptcraft (6+ years at this point?) and shady things still phase you on p-servers

The problem is, the cause is known and easily fixable/removable. The question is, why don't they fix it?  A guy in the bug report literally fixed the typo in the code allowing the blatant cheating with marks and they refuse to fix it after a few weeks of it being up. My guess is they are taking profit from the studios. The CN rank boosters are selling Br1 spots for around 100-200 per week(I am not talking gold).

I came to respond to something specific, but I'm adding this tidbit since you seem to think time and resources just grows on trees. This was specifically in response to sanctioning AFKers, but this exact same response applies here, too.

Our ticket system is the appropriate method to report AFKers - more often then not we receive just a quick few word message of "<name> afk in BG plz ban" with no evidence via screenshots, recordings, or context and that's not including the numerous AFKers that never get reported at all. These reports are worthless in the immediate as they require us to then investigate the player and watch for further behavior - which means multiple team members checking around the clock to verify the accusation for every report. Multiply that by 4 (soon 3) servers and add that in with the multitude of other issues we have to deal with and you begin to understand why this is a problem.

Additionally, AFKing starts off with a warning per our Terms of Use. If someone is caught doing it once, they'll likely do it again - keep reporting them. Sanctions accumulate to longer bans the more a player offends, and we have no qualms about sanctioning a player who continues to break the same rule despite being warned. However: be honest. Give us the facts about what happened, take screenshots, and note every time it happens. The players are the Project's biggest strength, and without the players helping us we would not be nearly as effective at helping you.

Would adding a dedicated Game Master to battlegrounds resolve this? Maybe. However, that is not an effective use of their time, as there are many things a GM can be doing to assist our players and Battlegrounds are one part of many.

~~~~

4 hours ago, prsina said:

The problem is, the cause is known and easily fixable/removable. The question is, why don't they fix it?  A guy in the bug report literally fixed the typo in the code allowing the blatant cheating with marks and they refuse to fix it after a few weeks of it being up. My guess is they are taking profit from the studios. The CN rank boosters are selling Br1 spots for around 100-200 per week(I am not talking gold).

I'm normally not this aggressive publicly, but this case warrants me breaking character: You're an idiot if you somehow even remotely think that's a possibility. Unadulterated foolishness manifest.

i wonder how hard it would be to log the time logged in of the top 50 people in honor standings to have concrete proof of some of those players absolute un human like playing patterns

Chinese don't get banned no matter they do, because they bring all the $$$ to the project

exact same thing happened with feenix

5 hours ago, Paditz said:

Chinese don't get banned no matter they do, because they bring all the $$$ to the project

exact same thing happened with feenix

this

On 22/08/2017 at 10:28 AM, Paditz said:

Nonsense.

Chinese players have donated to the project, just like every other group of players. We have punished Chinese rulebreakers just as we punish every other rule breaker. Please do not speculate on what happens on GM island or in our investigations. You do not have all the facts. 

If you suspect some player or players of violating our rules, you can always send me a PM with your evidence.

I'm also going to jump in for a second just to let you know what my week entails.

Monday - DM from Chinese Players complaining that Pottu is bias against them and bans them while letting everyone else off.

Tuesday - DM from EU players complaining that Pottu is bias against them

Wednesday -DM from NA players complaining that Pottu is bias against them,

Thursday - .... you get the message.

As pottu said, we enforce the rules regardless of your IP location. If you have evidence DM it to Pottu, dont trust pottu? DM it to me.