Sign in to follow this  
Varimathra

Is Crestfall PTE coming in the near future?

53 posts in this topic

Hey,

It would be interesting to know if the Crestfall PTE servers are coming in the near future (in 2017 or early 2018). I recently started playing in Elysium PVP server (still very low lvl) but I see no point in continuing playing there if a fresh new PTE server is going to launch soon. Is there any indication or news about this detail about this project?

Would love to hear people's opinions about this aswell.

Cheers!

Doubt they'll come out in 2018, the best bet is probably around late 2019.

21 minutes ago, Keala said:

Doubt they'll come out in 2018, the best bet is probably around late 2019.

Lol.

No seriously though, even though we'll probably have an open beta near the end of the year (I'd say December), it would be very surprising to have a 2017 launch. However, it would also be seriously surprising for them not to launch in 2018.

Maybe late 2019 was an exaggerated guess, but I still don't think we'll see it released in early 2018. It's either late 2018 / early 2019, imo.

If they were to release it before Elysium gets Naxxramas, then Crestfall would actually kill all the other servers in no time before they can upgrade those to TBC.

16 minutes ago, Keala said:

Maybe late 2019 was an exaggerated guess, but I still don't think we'll see it released in early 2018. It's either late 2018 / early 2019, imo.

If they were to release it before Elysium gets Naxxramas, then Crestfall would actually kill all the other servers in no time before they can upgrade those to TBC.

Nope we have confirmation that releasing a new vanilla server wont kill any of the other ones.  100% confirmed

Just now, sumeht said:

Nope we have confirmation that releasing a new vanilla server wont kill any of the other ones.  100% confirmed

Top kek

so they got 2 realms dead of population and they open on more server? enlighten me?

8 minutes ago, Asher86 said:

so they got 2 realms dead of population and they open on more server? enlighten me?

Did you miss the 100% confirmed part??? XD

no i did not understand it. our pop dwindle and we open more servers? :O sorry im not a native english player you know?>

32 minutes ago, Asher86 said:

no i did not understand it. our pop dwindle and we open more servers? :O sorry im not a native english player you know?>

These servers won't open anytime soon, mainly because if they open them, that will definitely kill the current 3 ones. With that logic in mind, the staff might want to release them only AFTER Naxxramas is released on the least progressed server (which is Elysium). And just for your information, Elysium is scheduled to have Naxxramas released in September 2018 (if everything goes well).

Have a good day.
Written by: "The Flamer".

23 minutes ago, Keala said:

These servers won't open anytime soon, mainly because if they open them, that will definitely kill the current 3 ones. With that logic in mind, the staff might want to release them only AFTER Naxxramas is released on the least progressed server (which is Elysium). And just for your information, Elysium is scheduled to have Naxxramas released in September 2018 (if everything goes well).

Have a good day.

A delayed release is not impossible, but I doubt that's what will happen: the crestfall staff wants to release as soon as they can (meaning, as soon as their server is as good as they want it to be right now). Another delay would be useless in the sense that people who want to experience naxxramas will do that and stay on anathema/elysium. Naxxramas is not a raid that anyone can just do or get into tbh.

No, really I don't think that the crestfall release will have such an impact on the hardcore raiders of elysium. And as long as you DO have hardcore raiders, your server will survive.

1 minute ago, Valaquenta said:

A delayed release is not impossible, but I doubt that's what will happen: the crestfall staff wants to release as soon as they can (meaning, as soon as their server is as good as they want it to be right now). Another delay would be useless in the sense that people who want to experience naxxramas will do that.

No, really I don't think that the crestfall release will have such an impact on the hardcore raiders of elysium.

It's not like I'm against having Crestfall released that quick, I would love it tbh. I'm just sharing my 2 cents on why I don't think that will happen. Let's hope I'm wrong then, right?

6 minutes ago, Valaquenta said:

No, really I don't think that the crestfall release will have such an impact on the hardcore raiders of elysium. And as long as you DO have hardcore raiders, your server will survive.

Not really sure what your definition of survive is. Anathema still has hardcore raiders (see Dreamstate, Coalition, etc.) but that server is basically a Nost museum

16 hours ago, Asher86 said:

Crestfall is not a normal Elysium server. It has different core, different staff, etc.

3 hours ago, Sque said:

Crestfall is not a normal Elysium server. It has different core, different staff, etc.

yes but same stuff... vanilla is vanilla...

6 minutes ago, Asher86 said:

yes but same stuff... vanilla is vanilla...

well, the "same stuff" can be the same in theory, but quite different in reality: PVE for example. Granted, it's not blizzlike to rework encounters in order to make them more challenging, but a lot of people would agree that the 1.12 versions of MC and BWL are just too easy.

3 minutes ago, Valaquenta said:

well, the "same stuff" can be the same in theory, but quite different in reality: PVE for example. Granted, it's not blizzlike to rework encounters in order to make them more challenging, but a lot of people would agree that the 1.12 versions of MC and BWL are just too easy.

sure but what an you change if you go in particular? boss famage and review skills but that's all i dont think they add other raids no? same stuff in meaning there always be same anilla raids etc...

would be awesome to have a server with talents like they were since 1.1 with all reviews they recieved during retail patching that would make a awesome jump back in history. especially in early patches this would be very challenging.

Just now, Asher86 said:

sure but what an you change if you go in particular? boss famage and review skills but that's all i dont think they add other raids no? same stuff in meaning there always be same anilla raids etc...

Their plan is to optimize the AI, to make bosses spells way more unpredictable, and of course to buff other things (hp, dmg). The big idea is that the fights in MC and BWL must feel way less forgiving for players.

You should check their forums, it's down there somewhere ;-)

They joint elysium again mostly because Elysium has a large population. More importantly, crestfall can delay their shitty server as long as they can cuz there are existing vanilla servers(elysium servers). I do not really understand why they are  working on multiple expansions instead of focusing one when their progress is so slow.

On 24.8.2017 at 9:08 PM, Keala said:

Have a good day.

Where did u read, that Naxxramas will released in September 2018? The Timelien says September 2017. Is there a new post bout it?

You're talking about Anathema, while I clearly specified that it will be Elysium the one to get Naxxramas in September 2018.

On 2017. 08. 27. at 2:21 AM, ABCDe said:

They joint elysium again mostly because Elysium has a large population. More importantly, crestfall can delay their shitty server as long as they can cuz there are existing vanilla servers(elysium servers). I do not really understand why they are  working on multiple expansions instead of focusing one when their progress is so slow.

Because they don't want to fix the same bugs and rescript the same things again, again, and again. 

90% of the Elysium pop has known about CF and they would steal a big amount of people either way. They joined to Elysium because of the server management.

I think it's better if they run under the same banner in long term. 

On 8/24/2017 at 6:17 PM, Varimathra said:

Hey,

It would be interesting to know if the Crestfall PTE servers are coming in the near future (in 2017 or early 2018). I recently started playing in Elysium PVP server (still very low lvl) but I see no point in continuing playing there if a fresh new PTE server is going to launch soon. Is there any indication or news about this detail about this project?

Would love to hear people's opinions about this aswell.

Cheers!

Crestfall will never release or will release extremely broken (1 of them will be for sure).

I suggest you to get ready for Crogge Server (TBC) , it is coming right after Naxx release in Anathema.

Crogge will be descent Server (legacy crusade) with his old bugs from 2010 whose require fixing.

/Kind regards Killerduki

All you people worried CF PTE will kill your servers just calm down. Elysium will be dead before CF releases because no one will a working brain will farm naxx on an endless loop with no chance to progress.