Jump to content
Ash

Legacy Crusade: The Journey doesn't end here!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kovalenkov said:

Hold on.. so if i get this right, they are going to start the TBC and kill the vanilla servers ?!.. what if ppl still wanna play the vanilla and dont wanna play the TBC ? if any game master sees this then plz do not kill the Vanilla servers.. !

We are talking about what would theoretically happen if some particular events happen. We are speculating.

They are not going to kill the vanilla servers, they will remain there and be functional until they say the opposite. In fact, if you had read everything, you would know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kovalenkov said:

Hold on.. so if i get this right, they are going to start the TBC and kill the vanilla servers ?!.. what if ppl still wanna play the vanilla and dont wanna play the TBC ? if any game master sees this then plz do not kill the Vanilla servers.. !

No.

The death of the vanilla realms is a possible outcome from launching a new TBC realm. But not because the admins will "close" the realms, but rather because players will stop playing in the vanilla realms and choose to play/transfer to the TBC realms.

Its also not a certain thing that may happen, just one of the possible outcomes depending on how the launch is handled.

PS:  see? people already start to get afraid lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are afraid about vanilla servers dying, not because they will open transfers though. The aim here is to avoid vanilla servers dying while also letting people transfer from Elysium to Anathema/Darrowshire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oright now i getting it. they are lots of pages to read everything, cool.. well lets say this, i played the TBC as well but vanilla has something special, let us hope they never remove that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Keala said:

They are afraid about vanilla servers dying, not because they will open transfers though. The aim here is to avoid vanilla servers dying while also letting people transfer from Elysium to Anathema/Darrowshire.

Lets hope so. In all honesty, it would be sweet to have a vanilla and TBC realm that attracts the majority of the private server community. But as it happens, the largest threat to Elysium, is Elysium players themselves and their selfish choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dralek said:

But as it happens, the largest threat to Elysium, is Elysium players themselves and their selfish choices.

+1. So true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you really think that thousands of people would go Anathema with transer from Elysium just because TBC and give up their current vanilla progression? These people love vanilla, this is why they play here. TBC is an option after vanilla now. 

I'm against forcing people to choose, and as I said before, there are thousands of people who are willing to play TBC when vanilla progression ends. I'd rather reroll on CF and bring my chars through all the vanilla progression again instead of giving up my current one.

You are talking about selfish Elysium players while you are suggesting to force them to bring their characters to your server if they want to play TBC. Rofl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ironfoot said:

Do you really think that thousands of people would go Anathema with transer from Elysium just because TBC and give up their current vanilla progression? These people love vanilla, this is why they play here. TBC is an option after vanilla now. 

I'm against forcing people to choose, and as I said before, there are thousands of people who are willing to play TBC when vanilla progression ends. I'd rather reroll on CF and bring my chars through all the vanilla progression again instead of giving up my current one.

You are talking about selfish Elysium players while you are suggesting to force them to bring their characters to your server if they want to play TBC. Rofl

Yes, they will, because nearly half of the private server population moves from server to server looking to find and edge, in which they can start early in the realm hoping for it to flourish. That is why a lot of people jumped ship from Anathema to Elysium.

No one is forcing anyone. People are free to stay in Elysium and play vanilla, or free to roll in Anathema and start TBC earlier. A compromise can be done for those that wish to transfer from Elysium to Anathema early on before the TBC launch.

But if you rather play Vanilla instead of TBC, why are you even on this thread? Go play on Elysium or be happy. If you are here, commenting, its clear you wish to get something out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you realize that the current plan Elysium has for TBC greatly favors Anathema, right? We're here trying to discuss what would be a better solution since Elysium players feel left out cause Anathema is getting TBC first. Some of you argued that both Anathema and Elysium should get TBC at the same time, when Elysium is ready, without giving 0 thought on what would happen to Anathema if we'd do that, but ofcourse you wouldn't since you have so much more content ahead, right? Who cares if Anathema stands idle waiting for OVER ONE YEAR.

But since I don't think it would be fair to just favor Anathema, I tried suggesting some ways to make it better for everyone, at which you reply I am "forcing" people to choose. I am sure you'd much more prefer going with what Elysium planned in the start, wouldn't you?

I just give up. Most of you don't even want to look for a good compromise, you only want what's the best for yourself only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dralek said:

Yes, they will, because nearly half of the private server population moves from server to server looking to find and edge, in which they can start early in the realm hoping for it to flourish. That is why a lot of people jumped ship from Anathema to Elysium.

No one is forcing anyone. People are free to stay in Elysium and play vanilla, or free to roll in Anathema and start TBC earlier. A compromise can be done for those that wish to transfer from Elysium to Anathema early on before the TBC launch.

But if you rather play Vanilla instead of TBC, why are you even on this thread? Go play on Elysium or be happy. If you are here, commenting, its clear you wish to get something out of it.

I'd like to finish my vanilla progression, like you had the opportunity for it, and then I also would like to go through TBC with the same characters. It's not just me, but my guild, and the vast majority of the active Elysium players.

If you want a flourishing TBC server like Elysium in its category, you have to wait for the end of the progression or merge somehow, but transfering will cause probably a mid populated server, and the community will be splitted, just like right now.

55 minutes ago, Keala said:

Most of you don't even want to look for a good compromise, you only want what's the best for yourself only.

This is not true, I want 1 vanilla and 1 TBC server(or 2 with crossrealm functions) with optional transfer, but I don't want divided community and servers anymore, and you are suggesting additional splitting. If you think it's a selfish thingy then I can't help you.

Like I said before, I understand your problem, your reasons are totally valid, the situation is really unfortunate, but I prefer serving the bigger good, and that's bringing the whole community to TBC at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ironfoot said:

I'd like to finish my vanilla progression, like you had the opportunity for it, and then I also would like to go through TBC with the same characters. It's not just me, but my guild, and the vast majority of the active Elysium players.

You're saying this as if you didn't have that opportunity in the first place like us. You can finish vanilla progression by going transferring to Anathema with your guild next week, given they let you transfer. If finishing vanilla progression is your main concern, then transfers would let you easily do that.

Quote

If you want a flourishing TBC server like Elysium in its category, you have to wait for the end of the progression or merge somehow, but transfering will cause probably a mid populated server, and the community will be splitted, just like right now.

No, waiting would only happen to please the Elysium players and nothing else. Anathema TBC would flourish no matter what (given the scripting is AT LEAST decent). Letting people transfer now gives everyone the option to see TBC faster if they want to (and thus going through vanilla content faster), and if they don't want to they can just stay on Elysium.

Waiting for Elysium to catch up won't make a difference, Anathema won't have anyone left by the time that happens. Seriously, think about it for a second: if we have to wait for Elysium to catch up, that means we won't see TBC until early 2019 (Naxxramas planned on Elysium around September 2018, and you can't release TBC 1 month later of releasing Naxx). Yay, we can finally merge the servers and all go to TBC when that happens! ...99% of the pop there won't probably be there at that point. It will literally be dead, which means nothing left to merge. The players either stopped playing, or re-rolled on Elysium.

Quote

This is not true, I want 1 vanilla and 1 TBC server(or 2 with crossrealm functions) with optional transfer, but I don't want divided community and servers anymore, and you are suggesting additional splitting. If you think it's a selfish thingy then I can't help you.

The only way to unite the community right now would be a sudden merge. That is not going to happen, and the community couldn't be more split than it already is. A transfer would only benefit the project overall rather than hurting it.

Quote

Like I said before, I understand your problem, your reasons are totally valid, the situation is really unfortunate, but I prefer serving the bigger good, and that's Elysium which has 5x pop comparing with Anathema. 

At least you can reason and have a proper discussion with others, unlike most other people. Good to see more guys like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ironfoot said:

I'd like to finish my vanilla progression, like you had the opportunity for it, and then I also would like to go through TBC with the same characters. It's not just me, but my guild, and the vast majority of the active Elysium players.

If you want a flourishing TBC server like Elysium in its category, you have to wait for the end of the progression or merge somehow, but transfering will cause probably a mid populated server, and the community will be splitted, just like right now.

This is not true, I want 1 vanilla and 1 TBC server(or 2 with crossrealm functions) with optional transfer, but I don't want divided community and servers anymore, and you are suggesting additional splitting. If you think it's a selfish thingy then I can't help you.

Like I said before, I understand your problem, your reasons are totally valid, the situation is really unfortunate, but I prefer serving the bigger good, and that's Elysium which has 5x pop comparing with Anathema. 

 

So what you are saying is that, Anathema players should not get a TBC realm, and the only thing they can do is wait for you to finish your progression, which is at least a year away from ending.

That isn't looking at the greater good, just your own interests. It is apparent that your interest comes from the fact that Anathema players will get TBC sooner, and thus will be more progressed than Elysium players and once you get to TBC stage you will be behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dralek said:

 

So what you are saying is that, Anathema players should not get a TBC realm, and the only thing they can do is wait for you to finish your progression, which is at least a year away from ending.

That isn't looking at the greater good, just your own interests. It is apparent that your interest comes from the fact that Anathema players will get TBC sooner, and thus will be more progressed than Elysium players and once you get to TBC stage you will be behind them.

I suppose that, in his opinion, it's considered looking at the greater good because Elysium has more players.

While there is some credit in that reasoning, it's just sad to read statements like "there is no other way: anathema has to wait for elysium to catch up!" without even trying to suggest something more acceptable by the other side. It's almost like they're saying "come on just shup up and deal with it so I can have the best possible outcome".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Keala said:

I suppose that, in his opinion, it's considered looking at the greater good because Elysium has more players.

While there is some credit in that reasoning, it's just sad to read statements like "there is no other way: anathema has to wait for elysium to catch up!" without even trying to suggest something more acceptable by the other side. It's almost like they're saying "come on just shup up and deal with it so I can have the best possible outcome".

Problem is he ignores the fact that Anathema is *dead* because most people left for Warmane, which is a TBC realm. A high number of people will come back to Anathema for TBC. The reason they didn't is because after the mass exodus, even more people left, guilds disbanded, and it became a real struggle to find a spot for raids, which in turn caused many more people to leave.

Anathema still probably has around 2k active, considering the huge amount of raid loggers. He is also not considering Darrowshire population. Anathema as TBC won't compete with Elysium, but with Warmane and other TBC realms.

I understand and partially agree with what you are saying, but I think he is rather motivated by the possibility of Elysium loosing some players to the TBC realm, which could become a reality considering the tendency of people to jump ship to fresher realms. I agree that would be bad, and thats why my suggestion was meant to only focus on transfering those that are certain that wish to play TBC. But as you can see, he also rejects that compromise, which to me seems like he just doesn't want things to change. It won't help the greater good if the couple of players left in Anathema and Darrowshire, also abandon the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crogge must be so happy right now Oo. I don't know if his "legacy crusade" server will be up to par with what the Crestfall team(which he's a part of, mind you) wants to achieve, but it's definitely going to have a healthy population.

It's probably going to be a better option than warmane anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dralek said:

 

I find quite hypocritical that elysium players now want to get transfers to Anathema, or for it to wait until Elysium catches up, given the possibility of it becoming the only TBC realm. As far as I remember, when Anathema players asked for a merge, they were unkindly rejected by Elysium players. Where is that attitude now?

 

You are emotional about your server and that is fine, but the reality is that Elysium players, by and large, do not want to transfer to Anathema, and they don't care if Anathema waits for them or not. At the moment most of them are indifferent about it, as they don't need Anathema players, or slightly sceptical, because the server is having hard time coping with the Elysium population already.

The waiting part is an obvious prerequisite for Elysium players to allow Anathema players to come in to the Elysium TBC realm, and the suggestion is coming from rational Anathema players themselves, who can see the situation as it is;

If you think majority of the players are going to get 'screwed over' for the sake of minority, in a project that needs the majority's funding and support to thrive, you are setting yourself for a big letdown.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sreaver said:

You are emotional about your server and that is fine, but the reality is that Elysium players, by and large, do not want to transfer to Anathema, and they don't care if Anathema waits for them or not. At the moment most of them are indifferent about it, as they don't need Anathema players, or slightly sceptical, because the server is having hard time coping with the Elysium population already.

The waiting part is an obvious prerequisite for Elysium players to allow Anathema players to come in to the Elysium TBC realm, and the suggestion is coming from rational Anathema players themselves, who can see the situation as it is;

If you think majority of the players are going to get 'screwed over' for the sake of minority, in a project that needs the majority's funding and support to thrive, you are setting yourself for a big letdown.

 

Actually, while it is subject to change, the message implies there will only be one TBC realm. At no point did the admins say that we would have individual TBC realms for each subsequent realm in different timelines. An the majority of complains on this thread regarding an early launch for Anathema, do come from Elysium players, that wouldn't want Anathema players to start before them. So your initial premise is kind of miss-guided here.

The other problem with your assesment is that you presume the only playerbase the TBC realm may have is the current shrunken Anathema population, disregarding the many players that may return and re-populate the realm. Sure, the current active player base is lower than 2000 players (which is still a high number for a private realm), but like the name implies, its only those that log often. Furthermore, you are also not accounting for new players that may wish to come to this community looking for a TBC realm.

The idea that we have to wait at least one year for the release of the TBC realm is utter nonsense, and expecting the anathema player base (and possibly the darrowshire one) to just hang around until this happens is silly. Ever since Nostaltiurs, there were always talks that after Nax there would be a TBC upgrade. This is merely part of the original plan (which Elysium as a fresh realm wasn't really part of it, cause it didn't exist).

Truth be told, most Elysium players are merely looking out for their own interests. Thats fair, but the whole masquerading as "its for the good of the community" is just a very transparent lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dralek said:

 the whole masquerading as "its for the good of the community" is just a very transparent lie.

Actually, no. It's really true in the current situation since Elysium players are 3/4 of the community. We are talking about facts and our opinion, just like you, but we don't call you liar and selfish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dralek, just leave it, there's no point. We will see what the staff decides to do, I'm fairly sure they know the consequences of making Anathema wait so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not just transfer everyone from one server and then close that old vanilla server.  That's blizz like.  If people from elysium want to play on it, then start leveling a toon now.  Leaving the old servers up as vanilla, won't that increase cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ash said:

Friendly reminder that things are not finalized! ;)

Don't worry. We will wildly speculate until things are finalized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ironfoot said:

Actually, no. It's really true in the current situation since Elysium players are 3/4 of the community. We are talking about facts and our opinion, just like you, but we don't call you liar and selfish. 

You are asking other people not to play new content for an entire year (until Elysium finishes progression).

The reason is because you want to finish your progression at your pace.

You are prohibiting others from doing something that isn't even related to you, under the excuse that it will somehow affect you in a very very very long time while disguising the notion under the banner of "for the greater good". I'm sorry, but if I see obvious hypocrisy I will call you out on it.

The greater good would be to attract all the Anathema players back into the game, by launching TBC. Also attracting a large number of possible new players that may be interested in a TBC server, and also keeping the 2k-3k players in Anathema/Darrowshire from leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ironfoot said:

Start using your mind and don't be monitor hero, find me irl if you want to speak with me the way like this. PM me if you have further question, little kid.

Instead of defending your point you are trying to issue an RL challenge over a few words on Vanilla WoW, what a total loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dralek said:

You are asking other people not to play new content for an entire year (until Elysium finishes progression).

The reason is because you want to finish your progression at your pace.

You are prohibiting others from doing something that isn't even related to you, under the excuse that it will somehow affect you in a very very very long time while disguising the notion under the banner of "for the greater good". I'm sorry, but if I see obvious hypocrisy I will call you out on it.

The greater good would be to attract all the Anathema players back into the game, by launching TBC. Also attracting a large number of possible new players that may be interested in a TBC server, and also keeping the 2k-3k players in Anathema/Darrowshire from leaving.

I don't want to comment your points anymore since I've already told several times that I understood your reasons and I feel your pain, but there is another side of the coin and you totally ignore it.

 

37 minutes ago, riplip said:

Instead of defending your point you are trying to issue an RL challenge over a few words on Vanilla WoW, what a total loser.

Dude, you really should do something with your life. I hope you are just bored or grinded too much nowadays, but you seem really embarrassed. *sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×