Ash

Legacy Crusade: The Journey doesn't end here!

Guys, the legacy crusade is FAR from being finished, crestfall's PTE server will come out first without a doubt, so don't get all hyped up...

@Ash Happy for the TBC man. I just hope you avoid the same mistakes. Awesome job guys! This announcement is great!

1 minute ago, Ashteloren said:

Guys, the legacy crusade is FAR from being finished, crestfall's PTE server will come out first without a doubt, so don't get all hyped up...

Based on... no info you have

As long as the shine of sun is showing in the Horizon, we know that the sun will rise. 

1 minute ago, Ickus said:

Based on the fact that Crogge said it tons of times on discord. Don't take my word for it, just wait to see what happens.

Just make sure that we all go to the same TBC server eventually.

Things like Arena require a LOT of players to make the team selection diverse.

Anathema, Darrowshire, Elysium all need to share the same TBC server. If there's no ETA hopefully Elysium players have plenty of time to get to AQ40 or early Naxx so they can compete on gear :)

--

Appreciate you announcing this before Naxx comes out so we know that we can farm away and go in with sick gear!

32 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Actually, quite a lot of info, people who've been following Crestfall for awhile know all about Legacy Crusade, and why it can't possibly come out before Crestfall.

Edit: Might've jumped the gun, Legacy Crusade Anathema might not be based on Benediction core like Legacy Crusade was originally planning to.

Based on the fact that Crogge said it tons of times on the discord. Don't take my word for it, just wait to see what happens.

We shall see. Thanks for being a total downer. Im sure you're super fun. 

Elysium is like 2 years behind Anathema, you chose the newer server knowing possible TBC wont be anytime soon. Don't whine about it, too soon.

1 minute ago, Overtime said:

Elysium is like 2 years behind Anathema, you chose the newer server knowing possible TBC wont be anytime soon. Don't whine about it, too soon.

Its like 10 months behind not 2 years. AQ came out in May. Im very happy tho =)

2 minutes ago, Overtime said:

People aren't whining, we just don't want to join the same TBC server when it's already 2-3 patches deep.

4 minutes ago, Ickus said:

We shall see. Thanks for being a total downer. Im sure you're super fun. 

Uuuuuh I don't want to be another downer, but like Pvt-8Ball said, crogge confirmed several times on the discord that the legacy crusade TBC server won't come out before crestfall's PTE server...which indeed means that you won't play on it before a long time :D

But hey, at least the people playing on anathema and elysium will have their TBC servers at some point, which is a good thing.

Just now, Voxus said:

People aren't whining, we just don't want to join a TBC server when it's already 2-3 patches deep.

Just too soon to speculate is Elysium even alive when their time comes. First come, first serve for now.

Just now, Overtime said:

Just too soon to speculate is Elysium even alive when their time comes. First come, first serve for now.

Why wouldn't Elysium be alive?

1 minute ago, Valaquenta said:

Uuuuuh I don't want to be another downer, but like Pvt-8Ball said, crogge confirmed several times on the discord that the legacy crusade TBC server won't come out before crestfall's PTE server...which indeed means that you won't play on it before a long time.

But hey, at least the people playing on anathema and elysium will have their TBC servers at some point, which is a good thing.

It comes down to resource allocation tho. CF isnt letting anyone see their core, they have barely any Devs so it will take time. If the elysium project helps out with Legacy Crusade then it will come out first. 

1 minute ago, Voxus said:

People aren't whining, we just don't want to join a TBC server when it's already 2-3 patches deep.

It's not whining, we just see a way mistakes of the past could be avoided and are trying to ensure that the elysium staff are on board with that.

I usually don't post, my post count proves that. I just lurk the boards but I have quite a few questions and see potential issues. 

I see that this is a way of answering the cry from fans who'd like to see progressive vanilla, heck, I'd like to see TBC too. However, I do have to question: the main reason as stated by several GM's in discord is that there are no plans for a merger between Elysium and Anathema because they're on different patches; the gear gap is vast and wouldn't be fair. Okay, fair enough. 

However, Allowing Anathema to go first, you're gonna be allowing for quite a bit of time for them to progress through the expansion first; clear Black Temple, Hyjal etc. Then it seems once Elysium has gotten Naxx and is ready to move into TBC, they'll merge into the same server as Anathema players did, creating the same effect that we're currently seeing, the same effect that's supposedly stopping a merger to take place currently. The gear gap is vast. If Anathem and Elysium saw their respective tbc server's following their own separate time lines than there's just gonna be a repeat of what's happening in terms of server populations now. 

So, I'm not really sure what to make of this. I, too, am excited to experience progressive tbc, but if you're just gonna let us all merge into one server anyway why can't it be done now, and if you intend to give Anathema and Elysium their respective server, then we're still just stuck in the same situation that we're in now. 

But again, some of you are speculating what's going to happen and we haven't even finalized ANYTHING yet. 

1 minute ago, Carnio said:

I usually don't post, my post count proves that. I just lurk the boards but I have quite a few questions and see potential issues. 

I see that this is a way of answering the cry from fans who'd like to see progressive vanilla, heck, I'd like to see TBC too. However, I do have to question: the main reason as stated by several GM's in discord is that there are no plans for a merger between Elysium and Anathema because they're on different patches; the gear gap is vast and wouldn't be fair. Okay, fair enough. 

However, Allowing Anathema to go first, you're gonna be allowing for quite a bit of time for them to progress through the expansion first; clear Black Temple, Hyjal etc. Then it seems once Elysium has gotten Naxx and is ready to move into TBC, they'll merge into the same server as Anathema players did, creating the same effect that we're currently seeing, the same effect that's supposedly stopping a merger to take place currently. The gear gap is vast. If Anathem and Elysium saw their respective tbc server's following their own separate time lines than there's just gonna be a repeat of what's happening in terms of server populations now. 

So, I'm not really sure what to make of this. I, too, am excited to experience progressive tbc, but if you're just gonna let us all merge into one server anyway why can't it be done now, and if you intend to give Anathema and Elysium their respective server, then we're still just stuck in the same situation that we're in now. 

As i mentioned above, nothing is final yet and things will change.

Use this as a place to give us ideas etc. But be constructive.

Just now, Ash said:

But again, some of you are speculating what's going to happen and we haven't even finalized ANYTHING yet. 

Absolutely. Amazing announcement. I hope the mistakes of the past arent repeated, but Im sure this will work out very well. Thank you guys for giving Anathema the future it deserves. I cannot express how happy my guild and I are to hear this news. Keep up the good work!