Ash

Legacy Crusade: The Journey doesn't end here!

Making 3 separated TBC servers with 3 separated timelines would be a mistake imo. As an elysium player, I'd like to play with all of the guys who play under the Elysium flag.
TBC launch gives you opportunity to unite your whole community. Don't screw it please.

In addition, it would be logical to launch with 1 PvE server and 2 PvP with crossrealm auction house, BGs and arena. Outland cannot handle 6-7-8k ppl, the population has to spread. We have 11-12k ppl on peaktimes, 1500-2000 ppl would be more than healthy for a living Outland.

Thank you for your work guys, I'm fkin happy for this!!!!!

1 minute ago, hodorhodor said:

So I'm assuming mats/gold you can bring will have some type of cap.  Otherwise, you could load up each character with mats/gold, copy them and then trade said supplies to another character and copy.  Crestfall has said in the past that they would offer transfers from their vanilla to tbc server to prevent having to limit shit. 

You don't get to copy anything, they will do it once for everyone automatically.

2 minutes ago, Overtime said:

You don't get to copy anything, they will do it once for everyone automatically.

That makes sense.  Time to start farming Jewelcrafting mats 

If you're actually listening to constructive feedback, then I will post some:

Anathema is not in a state to survive a couple more months of waiting, it is also however not a good idea to rush releases, because it will just make the problem worse. Anathema needs players and the most efficient way to get them is by merging Elysium and Anathema. Currently you are in a very favorable position for a merge between the two servers, because apart from Nightmare Dragons and ZG, only a single major patch (AQ) seperates the two realms.

Here is where the constructive part comes in: You should highly consider accelerating the AQ release on Elysium to be able to merge Anathema and Elysium before you release Naxx on Anathema. Becuase as soon as you release Naxx, the patch seperation becomes insurmountable. Right now is the ONLY time where this operation can possibly succeed. A merge cannot screw up the AQ gate grind, the mount competition and the first kill races. If you release Naxx first on Anathema, you need to delay the merge until Elysium is close to a Naxx release which is too far away, Anathema does not have this much time, TBC or not.

You can achieve this two ways: The most elegant way would be to release AQ on Elysium, wait about a month and then do the merge. That way Anathema items and stock cannot influence the important races taking place on Elysium. This is also however the solution that takes more time. The alternative is to merge the two servers before AQ is actually out, but "downgrade" Anathema temporarily by blocking the AQ specific items (make them require level 61 temporarily). Then after the AQ release and all the races are done, you can unlock the Anathema AQ items again. This solution is a lot faster, but much less easy to implement and also less elegant. I personally prefer the first option.

As soon as both server are proceeding on a modified and accelerated Elysium timeline, patching to Naxx together and then going to TBC together will benefit both servers and will allow all of us to continue this adventure together.

I currently raid on both servers and can honestly say that if a merge is implemented correctly, everyone involved will benefit from it and it will not impact the natural patch progression on Elysium to a noticable degree. But I need to stretch this, right now is the only time where this will work, because Anathema and Elysium happen to be very close in their progression cycle and the window for this is closing fast. I urge you with all my might to consider this possiblity, which would actually solve the problem instead of trying to doctor with the symptoms that won't really solve anything.

Thanks for reading.

54 minutes ago, whyrage said:

If you can't handle adversity then get the fuck out of my Kitchen.

There is no reason to cry about something so minuscule as server first, or being scared to PVP with other people that have played longer than you.

There is always going to be a better guild, better players, and faster clear times. No reason to cry about not getting your way.

Having all the servers on the same timeline is the best solution to help the WHOLE community, not to just cater the "Fresh Fags" at every moment

A. I'm not saying we shouldn't be on the same server. I'm saying Anathema should wait for us so we ALL are there day 1. Still should merge though.

B. Nah I'm literally the best. I will always find my way into the best guild and be one of the best players. That's me. The thing that makes me like this game is always striving to be the best

My suggestion is to let players from elysium who want to progress tbc transfer to anathema now, and the rest of elysium just merge with darrowshire. So there will be just 2 servers with descent online 

3 hours ago, Theloras said:

can alliance paladins get Seal of Blood please if this is the long term plan?

i know i know not blizzlike during TBC but a huge dps balance as Horde Paladins in TBC could do double the DPS than Alliance Paladins due to SoB + Windfury + Seal Twisting

and here we go again xD

10 minutes ago, Crystalx said:

My suggestion is to let players from elysium who want to progress tbc transfer to anathema now, and the rest of elysium just merge with darrowshire. So there will be just 2 servers with descent online 

This doesn't sound bad depending on how much longer we have to wait for TBC

1 hour ago, void_echo said:

Why did you start on a server that was clearly behind in patches then?

That's a very stupid question. I played on Elysium because I wanted a fresh realm. It was made under the promise that it will be fresh and not related to Anathema at all. The only transfers to Elysium were made from a realm that was behind it in content ( ZK ).

If there is going to be TBC, either Elysium gets its own TBC server or we transfer to the same one as Anathema at the same time. Why should over 10,000 players be behind a few thousand at best? Elysium was created as a standalone.

There is no reason to cry about something so minuscule as server first

Excuse me, what? Server firsts are just about the most prestigious thing you can do in WoW. Anathema would gain a massive advantage by transferring first, since the Elysium characters would be stuck doing nothing in TBC while the Anathema players get High rating/PvP gear and raid. 

1 hour ago, Cephei said:

If you're actually listening to constructive feedback, then I will post some:

Anathema is not in a state to survive a couple more months of waiting, it is also however not a good idea to rush releases, because it will just make the problem worse. Anathema needs players and the most efficient way to get them is by merging Elysium and Anathema. Currently you are in a very favorable position for a merge between the two servers, because apart from Nightmare Dragons and ZG, only a single major patch (AQ) seperates the two realms.

Here is where the constructive part comes in: You should highly consider accelerating the AQ release on Elysium to be able to merge Anathema and Elysium before you release Naxx on Anathema. Becuase as soon as you release Naxx, the patch seperation becomes insurmountable. Right now is the ONLY time where this operation can possibly succeed. A merge cannot screw up the AQ gate grind, the mount competition and the first kill races. If you release Naxx first on Anathema, you need to delay the merge until Elysium is close to a Naxx release which is too far away, Anathema does not have this much time, TBC or not.

You can achieve this two ways: The most elegant way would be to release AQ on Elysium, wait about a month and then do the merge. That way Anathema items and stock cannot influence the important races taking place on Elysium. This is also however the solution that takes more time. The alternative is to merge the two servers before AQ is actually out, but "downgrade" Anathema temporarily by blocking the AQ specific items (make them require level 61 temporarily). Then after the AQ release and all the races are done, you can unlock the Anathema AQ items again. This solution is a lot faster, but much less easy to implement and also less elegant. I personally prefer the first option.

As soon as both server are proceeding on a modified and accelerated Elysium timeline, patching to Naxx together and then going to TBC together will benefit both servers and will allow all of us to continue this adventure together.

I currently raid on both servers and can honestly say that if a merge is implemented correctly, everyone involved will benefit from it and it will not impact the natural patch progression on Elysium to a noticable degree. But I need to stretch this, right now is the only time where this will work, because Anathema and Elysium happen to be very close in their progression cycle and the window for this is closing fast. I urge you with all my might to consider this possiblity, which would actually solve the problem instead of trying to doctor with the symptoms that won't really solve anything.

Thanks for reading.

Do you even play on Anathema?  Maybe consume/herb prices are outrageous but there are at least 15+ raiding guilds that are at least doing BWL and many more that do zg/aq/mc.  There is no reason to merge.  I see people complain of lag and not being able to farm on elysium.  Merging them would be stupid.  Anathema isn't 'ded' and there are going to be at least a few guilds killing naxx bosses day of the patch.  No need to merge.  All you cucks wanted to roll fresh on elysium 

15 minutes ago, alexinho said:

Excuse me, what? Server firsts are just about the most prestigious thing you can do in WoW. Anathema would gain a massive advantage by transferring first, since the Elysium characters would be stuck doing nothing in TBC while the Anathema players get High rating/PvP gear and raid. 

In a week everyone forgets besides those few who are salty about losing a realm first. Not like there wasn't world firsts 10+ years ago, after that none of them really matter.

4 minutes ago, Overtime said:

In a week everyone forgets besides those few who are salty about losing a realm first. Not like there wasn't world firsts 10+ years ago, after that none really matters.

That's just not true. Being one of the few guilds to clear all content has prestige, it's a nice thing to have on your guild's recruitment page, you can do streams of it and so on.

Some of us like to compete. I'm by no means on the level of Grizzly but I still take pride in the fact that my guild was one of the few to clear BWL in the first week.

Furthermore, for the dying server of Anathema to gain an advantage over the server that's kept the Elysium name alive is a joke. Anathema has what, a few thousand playing, Elysium sees over 20,000 people play a week. And you're going to screw over the majority?

20,000 people are going to enter through the Dark Portal while the 2000 will have already started to raid and gain PvP gear via arenas that are obviously far less competitive than they'd be with 22000 people around?

6 minutes ago, hodorhodor said:

Do you even play on Anathema?  Maybe consume/herb prices are outrageous but there are at least 15+ raiding guilds that are at least doing BWL and many more that do zg/aq/mc.  There is no reason to merge.  I see people complain of lag and not being able to farm on elysium.  Merging them would be stupid.  Anathema isn't 'ded' and there are going to be at least a few guilds killing naxx bosses day of the patch.  No need to merge.  All you cucks wanted to roll fresh on elysium 

I do and I'm in the last NA horde guild that can clear the content. To say the realm is doing fine is just defying reality at this point. Merging them would save Anathema and provide a good excuse to release Elysium patches faster, a total win:win situation.

2 minutes ago, alexinho said:

Furthermore, for the dying server of Anathema to gain an advantage over the server that's kept the Elysium name alive is a joke. Anathema has what, a few thousand playing, Elysium sees over 20,000 people play a week. And you're going to screw over the majority?

Don't forget that without the original Anathema: Nostalrius, there is no Elysium. Anathema has way more characters on it.

Just now, Overtime said:

Don't forget that without the original Anathema: Nostalrius, there is no Elysium.

Says who? Without Nostalrius there is no Elysium, sure. But most people didn't care about Anathema. I know I didn't. I wanted to start fresh. Anathema had what, 4000 people by the time Elysium launched with 11000 online and 10000 in the queue?

1 minute ago, alexinho said:

Says who? Without Nostalrius there is no Elysium, sure. But most people didn't care about Anathema. I know I didn't. I wanted to start fresh. Anathema had what, 4000 people by the time Elysium launched with 11000 online and 10000 in the queue?

Your attitude is what's become the problem on private server scene. I rest my case.

4 hours ago, Theloras said:

can alliance paladins get Seal of Blood please if this is the long term plan?

i know i know not blizzlike during TBC but a huge dps balance as Horde Paladins in TBC could do double the DPS than Alliance Paladins due to SoB + Windfury + Seal Twisting

Re-roll Horde if you want SoBlood.

4 hours ago, Ash said:

Once the server is live, Anathema players will be the first to transfer across. 

You should probably just merge Elysium with Anathema at that point or vice versa, then release the TBC server.

I really hope they think this through - and I hope they don't think this is a long term solution to fixing Anathemas population and making it a viable population that will last. This is what needs to happen..

They first need to wait for all the vanilla servers to be on the same timeline - and let Elysium have atleast 1-2 months of AQ progression in order to even out the gear difference. Then they need to merge Anathema and Elysium together for NAXX and the continuation of vanilla. Then they should release 2 separate TBC servers - a PvP server and a PvE server. And transfer Darrowshire to the PvE server and Ana/Ely to the PvP server. 

They also need to make cross-realm BG's/Arena otherwise the PvE server will just die out. I know the nost devs figured out the network structure on their core to achieve this but yeah. Best of luck.

4 minutes ago, alexinho said:

So you don't like people that post facts ( facts which hurt your narrative ).

Are you American, by chance?

Oh, come on. What's wrong with 4000 population? It was unheard of before Nostalrius came. I've played various servers since 2010 and anything past 2000 was huge. 1000 was considered solid average, while most had 50-300. does a server have to have 10k online and 10k in queue? We had 13K on Anathema before Elysium was launched and were waiting for the fresh server to happen so we can have room to breath. Not everyone wants to wait in line.

Way to pull <any> personal cards online, /clap. No I'm not.

6 minutes ago, Overtime said:

Oh, come on. What's wrong with 4000 population? It was unheard of before Nostalrius came. I've played various servers since 2010 and anything past 2000 was huge. 1000 was considered solid average, while most had 50-300. does a server have to have 10k online and 10k in queue? We had 13K on Anathema before Elysium was launched and were waiting for the fresh server to happen so we can have room to breath. Not everyone wants to wait in line.

Way to pull <any> personal cards online, /clap. No I'm not.

There's nothing wrong with 4000 population but Elysium having 25,000 players on the Fresh Realm within the first few days skyrocketed it to fame among private servers. The majority of its players are on Elysium, so screwing them over in favor of Nostathema would be a kick in the dick to the people that played on Elysium and started fresh.