Ash

Legacy Crusade: The Journey doesn't end here!

14 minutes ago, Overtime said:

Making the items require level 61 makes more sense than deleting in that case.

This seems a very good solution to me, the problem is that right now we're not just talking about AQ gear, there's also ZG and the unobtainable enchants for them. How do you handle players having their gear enchanted from a raid that has to be released yet?

IMO, before any merge, Elysium should hit ZG patch (which is the next one I think), and then do it.

29 minutes ago, sreaver said:

First release Anathema TBC server for Anathema players who don't want to wait for it, and to test the code. Then when Elysium has had enough time to farm Naxx, release a second TBC server but allow players from all vanilla realms to transfer in to it, so players from vanilla Anathema who want to transfer to Elysium can finally do it. Final step is to merge vanilla Anathema and Elysium to leave a hopefully healthy vanilla server running.

Please don't do this. We've already seen the terrible results from two different time lines. Just please no

i know nothings decided yet but heres my suggestion, push out content on darrowshire faster so that they can catch up to anathema and get to naxx in a timely manner. then when TBC comes you make both servers able to play on TBC at the same time. this would give the server a healthy pop of around 3k making it feel a little less dead

1 hour ago, chase_le_mofo said:

Could you please, allow Anathema players to move to Elysium, delete all AQ gear from characters and call it a day.
Anathema is dead and everyone knows that, let us play 1.12 with people instead of ghosts.

Please.

Yep. Would be a great idea. Don't feel to roll over and over again...

So... Anathema and Elysium become improved PTE realms where you get to progress through expansions and to keep your level 60 chars at the same time.

1 hour ago, chase_le_mofo said:

Could you please, allow Anathema players to move to Elysium, delete all AQ gear from characters and call it a day.
Anathema is dead and everyone knows that, let us play 1.12 with people instead of ghosts.

Please.

like that would solve anything, would you also delete all anathema chars zg gear? zg rep? zg enchants? CC rep? norz rep? what about all the amazing bwl gear people have. lots of people are bwl BIS on that server while people on elysium have had a month and a half to farm the gear. and what about TF? almost every main tank on anathema has a TF by now when theres only a few on elysium. you wanna just delete those too? and what about flasks? BL was never BOP on anathema and people have been farming BL and flasks for almost 2 years how would you handle those? you see how that would literally never work

And again they delete the posts of darrowshire players who are desperate to join a server with more than 200 players on their faction ._.

17 hours ago, Cephei said:

If you're actually listening to constructive feedback, then I will post some:

Anathema is not in a state to survive a couple more months of waiting, it is also however not a good idea to rush releases, because it will just make the problem worse. Anathema needs players and the most efficient way to get them is by merging Elysium and Anathema. Currently you are in a very favorable position for a merge between the two servers, because apart from Nightmare Dragons and ZG, only a single major patch (AQ) seperates the two realms.

Here is where the constructive part comes in: You should highly consider accelerating the AQ release on Elysium to be able to merge Anathema and Elysium before you release Naxx on Anathema. Becuase as soon as you release Naxx, the patch seperation becomes insurmountable. Right now is the ONLY time where this operation can possibly succeed. A merge cannot screw up the AQ gate grind, the mount competition and the first kill races. If you release Naxx first on Anathema, you need to delay the merge until Elysium is close to a Naxx release which is too far away, Anathema does not have this much time, TBC or not.

You can achieve this two ways: The most elegant way would be to release AQ on Elysium, wait about a month and then do the merge. That way Anathema items and stock cannot influence the important races taking place on Elysium. This is also however the solution that takes more time. The alternative is to merge the two servers before AQ is actually out, but "downgrade" Anathema temporarily by blocking the AQ specific items (make them require level 61 temporarily). Then after the AQ release and all the races are done, you can unlock the Anathema AQ items again. This solution is a lot faster, but much less easy to implement and also less elegant. I personally prefer the first option.

As soon as both server are proceeding on a modified and accelerated Elysium timeline, patching to Naxx together and then going to TBC together will benefit both servers and will allow all of us to continue this adventure together.

I currently raid on both servers and can honestly say that if a merge is implemented correctly, everyone involved will benefit from it and it will not impact the natural patch progression on Elysium to a noticable degree. But I need to stretch this, right now is the only time where this will work, because Anathema and Elysium happen to be very close in their progression cycle and the window for this is closing fast. I urge you with all my might to consider this possiblity, which would actually solve the problem instead of trying to doctor with the symptoms that won't really solve anything.

Thanks for reading.

Well, this could be a good solution as well. Especially the first, you've mentioned. You got my thumb!

I hope there will be a part of the comunity, which wont transfer to TBC. or a server that wont upgrade.
i just started playing and i love the old world without flying mounts etc. And to me TBC symbolize most of whats wrong with the live version.

48 minutes ago, Goliant said:

I hope there will be a part of the comunity, which wont transfer to TBC. or a server that wont upgrade.
i just started playing and i love the old world without flying mounts etc. And to me TBC symbolize most of whats wrong with the live version.

elysium will have plenty of time before they switch over. don't worry people just want to progress through the best expansions

Hey friends.

I would appriciate a confirmation that Elysium and Anathema will end up on the same TBC server eventually and if transfers from Anathema will go out before Elysium.

So I can reroll and prepare on Anathema ASAP not to miss early progression races on the eventual TBC realm because players from Elysium will transfer at a later stage.

That's all, thank you for your time.

PS. Love your servers, would donate if not on welfare.

1 minute ago, Toradh said:

Hi friend, lrn2read

If you read thread there is lots of whine about this so further confirmation is needed.

I personally dont mind either way, just want a clear answer as to what will happen.

Imo, after all the whine about timelines, newcomers, latecomers, virgins etc nothing is confirmed.

Therefore, I request this further confirmation of questions so I can feel satisfied with whatever decision I'm going to make.
Yes, these posts are made only for selfish reasons, I want to know and I want to know ASAP.

BYE! :)

Im lost and probably stupid...

I understand nothing is final yet but as of right now is the idea to have 2 different tbc servers  or 1 server with elysium joining already cleared content

1 hour ago, Vanillasucks said:

Im lost and probably stupid...

I understand nothing is final yet but as of right now is the idea to have 2 different tbc servers  or 1 server with elysium joining already cleared content

Sounds like 1, but nothing is set in stone. The server isnt finished, not in beta or anything. Id say chances are it wont be done until elysium is done with naxx. If thats the case it makes sense not to do 2 separate timelines and just 1 tbc server. 

In my opinion, i think it would be in everyone's best interest to wait until the server's are all caught up to one another before implementing TBC.  The devs will have more time to hammer out any problems with the code, and no realm would have an advantage over the other in terms of gear.  I think this would make for a more competitive environment than if you were to give anathema a 6+ month head-start.  Let us not forget, the disparity in gear level was one of the main reasons that kept new members from joining anathema/darrowshire in the first place.

is that posible for the who dont like TBC transfer their character to the Elysuim realm? (for example just lock their items which advance elysuim's timeline?or only the character below lvl60 are alowed transfer ), and the character lvl60 in Elysuim who want to play tbc are alowed transfer to the new TBC realm.  keep Elysuim fresh and make new TBC realm enough player

i think if theres 2 realm (1tbc  1vanilla) is better for players  in the future.  each have  about 6k players online is better for the severs too.

5 hours ago, Stormfront said:

Let us not forget, the disparity in gear level was one of the main reasons that kept new members from joining anathema/darrowshire in the first place.

I disagree completely. When Nostalrius announced their shutdown (around 4th April), they had to yet see a decrease in population. In fact, it was only growing more and more: the players were still rolling there even though the realm already had full t2 guilds. And keep in mind, the shutdown happened a bit before AQ patch hit. When Nostalrius relaunched as Anathema, the situation wasn't any different from when they closed their server.

Everyone was just scared that Anathema would have become a ghost town due to a newer server coming out, that was what prevented the players from joining Anathema or Darrowshire, not the disparity in gear.

Although players are generally happy with this announcement, I feel that to make all realms PTE (like Crestfall which -at this point- becomes the "fresh start" thing) could easily generate the conditions for people to join the single most populated server... since they're all about the same patch and progress.

Why not turn Anathema into a TBC without the copy-chars option and then say 1) Elysium -》vanilla 4ever; 2) Anathema -》TBC forever and 3) Crestfall PTE .

/discuss 

52 minutes ago, Keala said:

I disagree completely. When Nostalrius announced their shutdown (around 4th April), they had to yet see a decrease in population. In fact, it was only growing more and more: the players were still rolling there even though the realm already had full t2 guilds. And keep in mind, the shutdown happened a bit before AQ patch hit. When Nostalrius relaunched as Anathema, the situation wasn't any different from when they closed their server.

Everyone was just scared that Anathema would have become a ghost town due to a newer server coming out, that was what prevented the players from joining Anathema or Darrowshire, not the disparity in gear.

Gear difference doesn't matter when there is only "the one" server. But as soon as you have two, people will flock to the newer one. It's why merging Elysium and Anathema is so important too.

15 hours ago, JustAThrowAway said:

photo-50719.jpg

If you read thread there is lots of whine about this so further confirmation is needed.

I personally dont mind either way, just want a clear answer as to what will happen.

Imo, after all the whine about timelines, newcomers, latecomers, virgins etc nothing is confirmed.

Therefore, I request this further confirmation of questions so I can feel satisfied with whatever decision I'm going to make.
Yes, these posts are made only for selfish reasons, I want to know and I want to know ASAP.

BYE! :)

Whether do you believe me or not, Mike, I still cannot believe it!... :) :)

Nevertheless, appears like your idea is just already what is called *failed*!.. Despite a great deal of all that stuff you are keeping in mind, regarding progressions, communities, anonimity, jewish *negroes* friendsheep, etc. etc. that you still consider you have in-head of you to implement!

It is kind-a similar to a not knowing a one sole thing about the matter you didn't put your hand on to create a one single time!

And appears like that is all I have from myself to tell you A.S.a.P! Pass my salutations to Rob and consider trying to start not stealing things you see around you! All together or each one by his own!

And there is nothing personal, really nothing!

* Best Regards! * BYE! :) :) :)

First of all, great news! Thanks for your amazing work!

TBC is an exciting prospect, but let's do it right so we don't have once again the problem we now have with deserted servers. Let's open the Dark Portal for everyone at the same time!

See you there.

2 hours ago, Cephei said:

Gear difference doesn't matter when there is only "the one" server. But as soon as you have two, people will flock to the newer one. It's why merging Elysium and Anathema is so important too.

I completely agree, the fact that people have a lot of gear is barely a reason to not join on a server. Maybe now with this TBC announcement, the players will have a reason to start playing on Anathema, but it also depends on what the staff decides to do.

If they will make Anathema the first realm to reach TBC, then most of the players interested in playing the expansion will re-roll or transfer (in the case they make them happen) there.
If all of the current servers will reach TBC at the same time, then we need another solution because nothing will have changed and there will be no reason to roll on Anathema whatsoever.

I agree that a merge should happen sooner than later.