Sign in to follow this  
Gardash

Request for 2FA removal

Last week I started a thread with this topic and was advised that the 2FA removal requests would be "considered" today. https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/52560-2fa-removal-requests/

It is now about 4:30pm eastern time, 10:30pm server time, and there has been absolute silence on this issue.

Can someone please let us know what is going on?  Really want to get my accounts back.

The volunteer team is dealing with these, as well as dealing with the problems of hacked accounts of those who do not have 2FA. If the request is on the forum, it will be dealt with.

I'm in the same boat, I've been waiting 11 days now myself and have a raid coming up on Saturday. It seems only one person is in charge of handling it and I hope they look to expanding it to more trusted people if one person can't handle it in a decent time frame. Waiting 2 or 3 weeks just to play again sucks and makes me 2nd guess having 2step on my account in the future. Would be nice if we could just remove it ourselves through our e-mails.

9 hours ago, Spionida said:

The volunteer team is dealing with these, as well as dealing with the problems of hacked accounts of those who do not have 2FA. If the request is on the forum, it will be dealt with.

When?  Been waiting more than two weeks now.

9 hours ago, TTL said:

. Waiting 2 or 3 weeks just to play again sucks and makes me 2nd guess having 2step on my account in the future

Amen to that.  If I ever get my accounts back, I'm not putting 2FA back on it.  The lack of support is ridiculous.

To anyone who views this thread and cringes at the horror stories - I've have at least four different accounts with 2FA enabled and only had one single, isolated problem that was due to the server time not being sync'd and that was permanently fixed 5 months ago. These individual issues have always seemed unique to the person, as many who re-add 2FA (sometimes with the exact same code!) go on to never have a single problem again.

Take that for what you will.

Bump, still waiting on the 13 day benchmark. Can anyone directly contact someone who is capable of helping? The person I know that does it hasn't logged into the forums since Monday AFAIK as they haven't re-looked at my message since then, would also explain why they are not getting done.

GM of TTL and my guild bank is blocked due to this unfortunate situation. Have a raid in 11 hours, any help is appreciated.

I have submitted my requests for 2FA removal and i have been waiting for a reply for over two weeks now. I have seen Game Masters responding to other individuals and i was hoping to get some information or an update on my submissions!

2 hours ago, Spionida said:

A volunteer staff has its problems. Sorry,

Yeah, no doubt it does, and we're grateful that people volunteer their time to run this project, but this is ridiculous!

I understand and appreciate it as well. I just saw a few posts stating it takes about a week and i had just hoped to of had a response by then at least :D Thank you! Please save my mail!! ahahah

Hi guys, I can provide some feedback thanks to a recent PM from Pottu.

Pottu

Replied: 7 hours ago · Report

"Unfortunately we have some difficulties with the 2FA resets/removals at this time. Hopefully they can be fixed soon - but it will likely take few days."

7 hours ago, TTL said:

but it will likely take few days."

I have absolutely no problem waiting a few days or even a week or even more than a week to have this problem fixed.  I get it, people are volunteers etc.  I'm not demanding instant service as if I'm some little brat who has been brought up on consumer capitalism and thinks that's how the world should be.

But we're beyond that at this point.  I, and others like me, have been patiently waiting more than 2 weeks, and we have only started to get noisy and whiney now, because of how long this is taking.