Josipbroz

New Hardware & Funds

53 posts in this topic

Dear community,

The time has come again for a new donation round, as all the donations from the previous one have been used up and the hardware expires at the end of this month.
We are continuing to operate as a non-profit and non-pay2win project, where the server's upkeep relies on donations from the community.
The Elysium Staff is also continuing to work in a voluntary capacity.

Due to the acquisition of Cresftall and the TBC announcement, the hardware demands have increased. The new hardware will also significantly improve performance and enable SQL replication (reducing the daily lag).

The donations are needed for the following equipment:

• OVH MG-128 (SSD + HDD combo + HW RAID): € 300,- per month
  • 2x OVH MG-256 (SSD + HDD comno + HW RAID): 2x € 415,- per month
  • OVH HOST-32H (HW RAID): € 145,- per month
  • Backup server (different host): € 80,- per month
  • Mail server: 57.45 USD
  • Other costs: Domains, GitHub company license and funds for emergencies (in case of machine failure)

In total, the monthly costs are roughly at € 1500,- !
You can donate here:
PayPal / Yandex.Money / Bitcoin: 1LPeG1UuMRMwPq12pf5MHYWxH6X13UUS87 (QR code included, How to use Bitcoins)

chart.png.0393f80564f0d68654586079c7e9e4b8.png

NOTE: Due to legal concerns and PayPal's ToU, we are unable to provide you with a full report of all received donations. Also due to the strict regulations in Russia and potential risks for staff members in the rest of Europe, we cannot make a new PayPal account and thus have to rely on this one.

Do NOT use the OVH Direct links to pay for our current servers - they will be replaced and will no longer be used!

Thank you very much for your continued support.

Best regards,
Elysium Staff

SQL Replication - Music to a DBA's ears!

I will join up when CF is complete :)

It's been about 3 months since I experienced a lag free raid on elysium pvp, so you had no money to keep what you already have now you need more hardware because there's more projects to be done.. ? 

Also I'll keep saying this: allow a number of people that elysium pvp can take without lagging, don't make everyone miserable

Allow Elysium players to transfer to Darrowshire - Horde side is dead!

YES! I donated last week, and I'm happy to know that my next donation will go directly to improving the current state of the server!

Thanks for the update! 

more than happy to donate if this is the way to improve the lag, but I really think Elysium should be a little more proactive especially if the lag continues after hardware changes.  It would be very easy to implement a player cap. They had this before, so did Nostalrius I really don't see the issue with it. Offering realm transfers would probably help too, though I don't know how easy it is to do on their part.

8 minutes ago, arbet said:

more than happy to donate if this is the way to improve the lag, but I really think Elysium should be a little more proactive especially if the lag continues after hardware changes.  It would be very easy to implement a player cap. They had this before, so did Nostalrius I really don't see the issue with it. Offering realm transfers would probably help too, though I don't know how easy it is to do on their part.

There's a cap already: I believe it's around 9000 players.

You're right, though, the amount of players online does have a dramatic impact on the experience. You can tell the server has more than 7000 players and when it's hitting the cap, there's at least a full second delay.

And yet, we haven't had a lag free raid since spring...Why would we donate more money to even more unstable servers?

You could probably decrease lag of Elysium actually by merging with Anathema because the servers would be sharing resources of the same hardware but all be hosted on the same hardware (assuming both are virtual machines?).

8 minutes ago, Storfan said:

You could probably decrease lag of Elysium actually by merging with Anathema because the servers would be sharing resources of the same hardware but all be hosted on the same hardware (assuming both are virtual machines?).

lol, yeah maybe when both servers has Naxx cleared - if you merge earlier, bye bye with the big population.

So i am kind of new here. Is this actually an improvement to the previous hardware? the Elysium server is lagging a lot frequently and its really anooying. I would gladly donate in order to get these laggs under control. I know there are 9k players here but an hardware update should be the solution or am i wrong?

Hi, I wish to know how much is the average of donations. Thanks and keep up the excellent work !!!

5 hours ago, waterdrinker said:

It's been about 3 months since I experienced a lag free raid on elysium pvp, so you had no money to keep what you already have now you need more hardware because there's more projects to be done.. ? 

Also I'll keep saying this: allow a number of people that elysium pvp can take without lagging, don't make everyone miserable

Or they can allow as many people to play as they want, where 99% don't care about the meager delay and the 1% (you) won't be happy with anything they do. You are in the minority, and the server is getting better without your help.

Donated, it's a shame there's not a record of donations, surely there's something that can be displayed so we know how close to the goal we are

18 hours ago, riplip said:

Or they can allow as many people to play as they want, where 99% don't care about the meager delay and the 1% (you) won't be happy with anything they do. You are in the minority, and the server is getting better without your help.

Last two weeks we had to pause the raid because the lag was so unplayable for multiple people in multiple countries. PvP is also unplayable, to think that only 1% of the people are bothered by this is either delusional or troll. Either way.. kappa.