Sign in to follow this  
Kazgarul

Is it too late to start?

Hey all,

I kinda missed the boat when Ely came out. I had IRL exams going on and couldn't be spending that time on WoW. I'd like to play because I'm starting to miss Vanilla (I was previously on Kronos but stopped playing it and it's pretty dead now.)

I was just wondering if it's too late to get started? I've clearly missed the first couple of raid tiers already with MC and BWL long having been released. I think I'd be lucky to cap by AQ. If I started I'd probably play a rogue or a mage as I've never actually mained a pure dps. I guess that makes it even harder for me as those two are usually overpopulated.

It never is. The constant allure of "new and fresh" servers is a literal meme that needs to die.

How about finding a guild to raid with? Won't the best guilds we well established already leaving me scraping the bottom of the barrel?

44 minutes ago, Kazgarul said:

How about finding a guild to raid with? Won't the best guilds we well established already leaving me scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Not really, the turnover rate for most guilds is pretty high. If you put in the effort with almost any class you'll likely find a good guild that can clear all the content.

The massive population numbers also means that there's always guilds forming/reforming and people to fill them.

3 hours ago, Phoosy said:

The massive population numbers also means that there's always guilds forming/reforming and people to fill them.

Definitely true.  5k to 8k pop on at all times.  LOTS of people starting all the time.

On 9-9-2017 at 2:35 PM, account1 said:

Hi all! This info is true?

https://elysium-project.org/timeline

And server is only 1.6 and open gates will only at 2018 year?

I want to know as well. Timeline needs to be updated to it's current status. I will link an answer I've been given earlier this week:

Keala wrote this back:

Anathema -> 1.11, Naxxramas patch (currently on scourge invasion event, Naxxramas will be available in 7 days)
Darrowshire -> 1.7/1.8 ZG patch / Dragons of Nightmare patch (I heard it had the patch delayed so I have no clue if the update has been done yet)
Elysium -> 1.6 BWL patch

it's not late yet at all. As long as you're not extremely slowly leveling, you'll catch up to AQ sooner or later. Don't worry. 

Finding a guild will not be a problem. There will undoubtedly be experienced people forming MC/ZG pugs when you get to 60. Farming pre-bis will take a very short amount.

100% NOT too late to start. Especially considering the next patch (ZG) helps players gear up to BWL 'raid ready' levels MUCH faster. There is so much gear added with ZG that's roughly equivalent to MC gear...it's easier to catch up AFTER ZG is released. 

In short, come join us! Elysium is a great server and the lower level zones are quite populated (of course the population curve is tilted towards 60)...but you can easily find groups for all the lower level dungeons. My best friend just started about 3 weeks ago and he is LOVING it. He was shocked to see that it would not just be a solo grind to 60- the high pop means even the 1-20 zones are full!

Thank you all for your posts. I have since joined and started with a Horde undead rogue, now lvl 21 and I just hit 19 on my human mage. I'm not sure which I'll main but I'm enjoying the mage a lot right now. :)

I found that yeah there's absolutely billions of people, it's great

6 hours ago, Kazgarul said:

Thank you all for your posts. I have since joined and started with a Horde undead rogue, now lvl 21 and I just hit 19 on my human mage. I'm not sure which I'll main but I'm enjoying the mage a lot right now. :)

I found that yeah there's absolutely billions of people, it's great

Methinks you will regret those choices once you start looking for dungeon groups, but hey whatever floats your boat ;) 

Lets put it this way: the biggest fun in vanilla WOW comes from playing on a fresh server right from the beginning, and to be part of the "rush" and the initial "shaping" of a server.

That's the reason why you'll see huge population drops after a  while and also the reason why people were constantly begging blizzard for new servers during 2005-2006.

The ranking is done, people are BiS geared, sitting on a mountain of gold controlling the economy, low level pvp brackets are controlled by rich twinks you don't stand a chance against, open world is ganked and griefed 24/7 by bored 60s.

I'd say take a break and wait for the Crestfall release as it will be the superior server anyway. I was in the same boat, and I figured that my only choice would be to play a second-rate healslut on elysium or to just wait for the next project that will eventually come along.

regards and GL

Edited by gismo

Not true. i just started a week or 2 ago.. im at lvl 30 now and im having quite a bit of fun :) 

I meet alot of people today, quest with them, maybe do a dungeon. there is always something to do. even if you are not 1st on server and the best geared one haha :)

Edited by Baraba