Sign in to follow this  
Kanoh

Money Maker?

Hi people, i got a pretty straight forward question. To provide some context, i played a ton on nost, played up to cthun kill on anathema. 

The way i got my gold was 90% just straight up farming. Most of my Charts end up with mining and engineering, since i am somewhat a pvp focussed Person. 

I never owned any chars with professions that are able to gain one some coin on the side.

My question is the following: are you able to sustain consumables for raiding just by the gold you get from crafting elixiers etc by buying mats of the ah and reselling the product you created?

if you know how to play the ah well and such then ye. On short term when you start I doupt it but long term (make it over couple months+) yes. With succesfull flippin and such.

Purely with making the pots I doupt it. Especially if you play on ely since the price diff between herbs and created pots is so small. However prove me wrong.

It depends also on the amount of consumables you're using and what your guild requires and how well you do and so on. For example you're on onyxia, will you pop GFPP only if you drop low during p3 to prevent dying by bad luck during fear or do you prepot it + refresh during fight couple times?

Honestly, even at higher levels, farming Briarthorn brings in decent money. People levelling can never get enough of the stuff, and it always sells.