drgonzo

Whole operation system is lagging during starting process of WoW.exe (1.2.1)

Hello,
maybe some of you can help me with my vanilla client related problem.

My Problem:
When I am starting WoW with the legacy logs launcher it starts very fast and smooth. 
But when I am starting WoW with WoW.exe my whole Windows and all programms starts to lag really bad during starting process.

The start itself takes ages compared. My mouse starts to lag. When I am in discord my voice and the voice of others sounds like a robot.
Also the login process after initial WoW start takes much longer and my pc starts to stutter/lag again.
After I logged in everything is fine. 120 Hz, ~ 200 fps.

My Setup:

• Intel Core i7 7700K
  • Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB
  • 16GB (2x 8192MB) HyperX FURY DDR4-2666 DIMM CL15-17-17
  • MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  • first monitor: ViewSonic XG2703-GS. Gsync, 144 Hz, WQHD
  • second monitor: NEC MultiSync EA274WMi, WQHD
  • Windows 10 Professional x64

What I tried so far:

• disabled AntiVirus
  • disabled Windows10 game mode
  • disabled Nvidia recording/streaming options
  • disabled Gsync
  • lower resolution / lower framerate / lower details
  • all my drivers are up to date
  • started WoW as administrator

Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, drgonzo said:

Hello,
maybe some of you can help me with my vanilla client related problem.

My Problem:
When I am starting WoW with the legacy logs launcher it starts very fast and smooth. 
But when I am starting WoW with WoW.exe my whole Windows and all programms starts to lag really bad during starting process.

The start itself takes ages compared. My mouse starts to lag. When I am in discord my voice and the voice of others sounds like a robot.
Also the login process after initial WoW start takes much longer and my pc starts to stutter/lag again.
After I logged in everything is fine. 120 Hz, ~ 200 fps.

My Setup:

• Intel Core i7 7700K
  • Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB
  • 16GB (2x 8192MB) HyperX FURY DDR4-2666 DIMM CL15-17-17
  • MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  • first monitor: ViewSonic XG2703-GS. Gsync, 144 Hz, WQHD
  • second monitor: NEC MultiSync EA274WMi, WQHD
  • Windows 10 Professional x64

What I tried so far:

• disabled AntiVirus
  • disabled Windows10 game mode
  • disabled Nvidia recording/streaming options
  • disabled Gsync
  • lower resolution / lower framerate / lower details
  • all my drivers are up to date
  • started WoW as administrator

Any suggestions?

You've got a fairly similar setup to my own rig... but I don't have any of those problems. (I'm also not running Discord at all and don't try to do anything else while it's loading... so maybe I do lag and just don't realize it. Ha)

Have you tried downloading WoW again? Maybe something got a little honked up with your current one.

Oh, I just thought of something... I also have a 4 drive storage pool on my system. I usually get some lag as all the drives spin up, even though my WoW folder is on my SSD, which is not part of the pool. That wouldn't take into account the difference you see using the 2 different EXE files... but it's still something to think about.

I'd recommend getting the DirectX 9 SDK - Keep in mind that Windows 10 does not come with DX9 Frameworks by default and its "compatibility mode" really sucks. 

Most people dont have this problem as most steam games that are older include this. Short of this I'd recommend reinstalling Windows (its a step I had to do as the USB key I had was corrupted and didnt properly copy a system file at one point)

I also have a 4 drives raid1 storage pool.
But also if it's "spinned up" already the start of WoW is laggy. Both .exe files are on my SSD.

Installing DirectX SDK didn't fixed my problem.
Thanks anyway.

Most run the client successfully. There is probably something about your particular combination of software and hardware that it does not like. That can be really hard to track down. G/L

I tried to get a complete new client and ran WoW.exe in any compatibility mode.
Nothing helped.

Thinking the same as Spioniada. Maybe a strange combination of hardware/software.Since WoW is running fine when starting with legacy logs client I don't want to reinstall my OS and software so far.

Some update.
It seems that CPU is on heavy load while starting WoW.
Total is @20 % but  Average CPU is on 5.2 and WoW.exe not responding.

Wow 1.2.1 can only use one CPU? But one core from I7700k @4.2 GHz should be fast enough to get the job done.

esUE2Tz.png