AndrewFromHD

When Somebody Leaves <Iron Edge>

Well, short long story, my mate joined Iron Edge, did a few dungeons with them, got loot banned for two raids because he did not bring restorative potion with him on his first MC run with them. Now he joined another guild because of the rubbish attitude of Iron Edges, "the best horde guild", and the GM started spamming him. After a short conversation, the GM of Iron Edge sent him a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/gc6UOcF

"YOU DOOMED US ALL BETRAYER!"

image.png.575f7f00ee3212665eeda474b92ffb61.png

P.S.: I'm here for dem drama.

Gave an opportunity to a guy who came in with nothing to an 8/8 BWL guild.

Helped (multiple guildies helped, not just me) said player farm up gear to the point where u can raid.

Guy doesn't bring the required consumables to raid and get's loot banned for 2 weeks (not that it matters since he is a trial, but we like to be be thorough)

Guy instant betrays guild because because "muh, loot".

Yeah... big loss.

Another edit:

PS: I linked that to your GM too and like I told you Zalash, i'm adding it to the "Collage of Fail".

Edited by Shayss
Edit: you have been warned Thundering Legion, we warn any guilds from potentialy getting fucked over.

Yet here you are, arguing again even though you overpunished somebody who's new to the guild for a pointless reason (but rewarded somebody totally new to the game who got lost twice in MC, because dunno, can't follow the raid?), and yes, he has every mandatory consumable for MC, without that tiny useless thing for healers (they could use that cd for mana pot or something else though). Anyway, your loss, now cry more and add more stuff to your cringe college.

Obviously? Hello, we run an organised guild. It's not like he came in blind.

Did you just say Restorative pot isn't mandatory for healers aswell? Holy crap... that speaks VOLUMES xD

This thread is already done.

Why are you making this post and not your 'friend'? How about you two stop stirring up drama and learn to play before you enter a raid, and learn from your mistakes instead of crying about being punished for them.

Should be using them on Lucifron and Shazzrah actually, If you can't see the value of using resto on those 2 encounters then I'm glad you aren't raiding with me.

Shayss is a Special kind of Stupid. Quite unique actually. 

Some say Kim Jong Un learned how to be a dictator from Shayss

If you joined a guild (a popular guild), you should listen to GM and obey the rules. If you don't so please leave a guild without any boring drama on forums.

P.S. And why are your responding instead of your "mate"?

1 hour ago, synotaxidae said:

they wanted to gear that guy up and then they loot banned him??? haha wtf? makes no sense.. sad..

Wanted? We did. We pre-raid bis farmed the shit out of him so he could be raid ready.

Allow me to quote for you a sentence above since you didn't notice it:

"Helped (multiple guildies helped, not just me) said player farm up gear to the point where u can raid."

This doesn't absolve someone from following guild requirements. Perhaps in your guild it does! :D

4 hours ago, Shayss said:

Wanted? We did. We pre-raid bis farmed the shit out of him so he could be raid ready.

Allow me to quote for you a sentence above since you didn't notice it:

"Helped (multiple guildies helped, not just me) said player farm up gear to the point where u can raid."

This doesn't absolve someone from following guild requirements. Perhaps in your guild it does! :D

My guild is vegan and gay. Second, I still don't get it why did you loot banned him if you, at the same time, were basically helping him to gear up? A contradiction.

4 hours ago, synotaxidae said:

I still don't get it why did you loot banned him if you, at the same time, were basically helping him to gear up? A contradiction.

Loot banned from raid (BiS) loot.

Pre-BiS means; pre (before) raid best in slot gear. This one can farm in 5 man dungeons (10 man in the case of UBRS), and is readily obtained through pugs or guild runs. Raiding gear is considered outside of Pre-BiS but there are exceptions, especially in the first raiding tier. Eg; HoJ for melee, Reanimated chain neck for priests, Mindtap for Shamans etc.

The more pre-BiS a character has, the stronger he is for the guild. This is why we tried to farm as much of this gear on Zalash as we could (we do it for all almost all of our raiders). We loot banned him from raid loot as he did not follow our guild requirements. Raid loot is what drops from raids (20/40 man) and is considered as the end goal (BiS) in terms of gearing for each tier. Joining a guild to raid means you obviously want to be receiving the gear that drops from these 20/40 man dungeons and therefore by default also means you will adhere to that guilds instruction.

I hope you can see the stark difference between gearing up a trial with pre-BiS as apposed to feeding them epics (BiS) when they haven't even proven themselves yet (hence Trial).

It's also very common that just after joining a guild you won't receive anything other than leftover loot for a long time anyway.

Obviously you weren't prepared for that, and left as soon as you realized they wouldn't spoon feed you epics. If you wanna join a good guild, they're gonna expect you to act according their guidelines in return. You didn't, and no one else is to blame for your mistake. Is the punishment harsh? Maybe a little bit in my opinion, since it was your first raid and all, but I can also understand it. But the fact that you decided to leave and stir up drama on the forums, also making your "friend" post it makes it pretty clear that Iron Edge definitely came out on top here with you leaving. You do not portray yourself as good guild material for any decent guild.

From my experiences with Iron Edge, they seem like a very nice bunch of good lads!

10 hours ago, Znah said:

Is the punishment harsh? Maybe a little bit in my opinion

2weeks beeing lootbanned while you are basicly lootbanned anyway as a trial. harsh? i bet they just followed their basic routine for not bringing consumes.

ofc they wouldnt have disenchanted gear he needed, even while lootbanned. 

yeah , its common, what ironedge rules are. we have pretty much the same rules , if you havnt the required consumables , you dont get loot ( wether you raid with the guild since 6 month, it doesnt matter at all) same for trials, im class leader in our guild and i distribute the loot for them in our raid , the first 3 weeks trials only gets the loot noone else needs , if he has not the required consumables , he not even gets that loot and i let it disenchant! 

exactly for people like that OP´s friend , we did that rules, to figure out what kind of person he is ... noone like lootwhores

I'm old, and used to go on MC runs and whatnot on retail Vanilla, back in the mists of time. ;)

Other than using a DKP system, which would have precluded you from getting loot the first few runs anyhow, the other thing that our old guild did (if anyone from Projekt Mayhem is reading.. hello!) was to disallow loot from trial members for the first 4 runs anyhow, because a lot of them had to learn how to raid successfully and not wipe everyone. (Hell if I could do it anymore.. it'd take time to get back up to speed.  Not even sure I'll raid this time around.. shard farming for summons still gives me nightmares ;) )

But as for being disallowed loot for two weeks, that was just a given for any new folks in the guild back when.. longer, even, because of the DKP system. This system from Iron Edge sounds much more lax comparatively. I wouldn't have /gquit, I'd have dealt with it for those two weeks because Iron Edge WILL progress and if you're into raiding it seems to be a guild you'd want to be in.

Enjoyed watching Iron Edge in IF recently as I was on an Alliance character BTW.. ya'll got trapped in the military quarter because a lot of Alli were smart enough to unflag, but it's nice to see ACTUAL world PvP.. Best of luck with your guild. :) No, not interested in joining or raiding this time around, playing casually, but it's fun to watch you all :)  

Edited by Icecelt
Bleh typos