Sign in to follow this  
Bed

Race change?

When / if you release the TBC server will we be able to race change? Alot of hard core pvpers take racials seriously for arena. Alot of these racials are changing.

It would be a shame to have to start over fresh - if I wanted to do that I would play on any w/e tbc server. ( even retail had race changes).

Your suggestion would completely ruin faction balance.

Since horde has a pretty significant advantage in TBC when it come to racials, letting people just transfer over, and every serious player would change to horde, leaving only a few lonely low-mid level people left on alliance, getting crushed by horde, making them also transfer over to horde, then you have a 10-90 Alliance - Horde realm.

Some people will still reroll horde without a race change, but not in massive amounts like a race change would do, so the faction balance would stay somewhat balanced.

The overall best thing with having transfers from a Vanilla server unto a TBC server, is that there is a chance to have a actual balanced faction ratio compared to all the other tbc server where alliance needs to get unblizzlike advantages or having a forced queue for the overpopulated faction to even get close to the horde numbers

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

But, that doesnt change the fact that these things were not available until WoTLK or Cataclysm.

And you have a ton of time to reroll your character into a suitable race, this is just a suggestion based on lazyness.

5 hours ago, Roxy said:

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

But, that doesnt change the fact that these things were not available until WoTLK or Cataclysm.

And you have a ton of time to reroll your character into a suitable race, this is just a suggestion based on lazyness.

Please stop ....

20 minutes ago, Bed said:

Please stop ....

So i need to stop because i don't agree with your suggestion? :D

The service wasnt added until october 2009 (Middle of WotLK) which means that the client does not support a race change without the use of GM powers, which is a good enough reason to refuse your suggestion. And not to mention that it is a major waste of GM resources for something so trivial. 

Feel free to start rerolling, you have many months to go

You're not even reading what I have said or putting any thought into it. Half your responses are assumptions without paying attention.

If people are going to reroll for better racials they are most likely going to switch to horde. If you have the option to keep your alliance char that you have progressed on AND switch to "better" racials ( due to the fact that they receive major changes) they are more likely to stay alliance. Even though this will not fix the guaranteed faction imbalance that EVERY TBC SERVER HAS it will help. This isn't about being "lazy" , like I already said it's the difference between playing on any rando tbc server or playing your nost char. I promise you hard core pvpers are not going to stay alliance if they are not even optimal when already at a disadvantage.

3 hours ago, Bed said:

You're not even reading what I have said or putting any thought into it. Half your responses are assumptions without paying attention.

If people are going to reroll for better racials they are most likely going to switch to horde. If you have the option to keep your alliance char that you have progressed on AND switch to "better" racials ( due to the fact that they receive major changes) they are more likely to stay alliance. Even though this will not fix the guaranteed faction imbalance that EVERY TBC SERVER HAS it will help. This isn't about being "lazy" , like I already said it's the difference between playing on any rando tbc server or playing your nost char. I promise you hard core pvpers are not going to stay alliance if they are not even optimal when already at a disadvantage.

Assumptions? Putting any thought into it? you have been so vague about everything you have said until that post it is impossible to not make assumptions about what you really want.

"Race change" "Please stop" and you expect people to get a clear meaning of your posts? please, learn to express yourself proper to begin with.

The points you made in the OP was "it would be a shame to have to reroll" and "Even retail had race changes" The first point is one out of lazyness, and the second i proved you wrong on, since race change wasnt available until WotLK

The die hard pvpers will probably reroll horde anyway to get the absolute best racials, doesnt change the fact that it is such a minority of players that will reroll to get these racials that it is a complete non issue, though it is impossible to know for sure. and giving people race changes is just a way to please a minority based on ASSUMPTIONS of people going to reroll.

This is a RPG game, you're choices early in the game is supposed to matter if you want to min max

21 minutes ago, Roxy said:

Assumptions? Putting any thought into it? you have been so vague about everything you have said until that post it is impossible to not make assumptions about what you really want.

"Race change" "Please stop" and you expect people to get a clear meaning of your posts? please, learn to express yourself proper to begin with.

The points you made in the OP was "it would be a shame to have to reroll" and "Even retail had race changes" The first point is one out of lazyness, and the second i proved you wrong on, since race change wasnt available until WotLK

The die hard pvpers will probably reroll horde anyway to get the absolute best racials, doesnt change the fact that it is such a minority of players that will reroll to get these racials that it is a complete non issue, though it is impossible to know for sure. and giving people race changes is just a way to please a minority based on ASSUMPTIONS of people going to reroll.

This is a RPG game, you're choices early in the game is supposed to matter if you want to min max

No talking.

1 minute ago, Bed said:

No talking.

Why do you even bother posting things on a DISCUSSION forum, if you have no intention of discussing things? 

I guess you just wanted to come here and be praised for such a awesome suggestion and handed first borns as a reward for your heroic deed?

3 hours ago, Roxy said:

Why do you even bother posting things on a DISCUSSION forum, if you have no intention of discussing things? 

I guess you just wanted to come here and be praised for such a awesome suggestion and handed first borns as a reward for your heroic deed?

No no, shh.. no talking.

When / if you release the TBC server will we be able to class change? Alot of hard core pvpers take classes seriously for arena. Alot of these classes are changing.

It would be a shame to have to start over fresh - if I wanted to do that I would play on any w/e tbc server.

race change was introduced after the Ulduar patch in Wrath, so I highly doubt they'll do race change. They also shouldn't do race changes. I cannot understand why people play here and want custom changes.

44 minutes ago, Ickus said:

race change was introduced after the Ulduar patch in Wrath, so I highly doubt they'll do race change. They also shouldn't do race changes. I cannot understand why people play here and want custom changes.

The server already does custom stuff. On top of that it's going to end up almost all horde and it's important to make small low impact changes to help mitigate this.

13 minutes ago, Bed said:

The server already does custom stuff. On top of that it's going to end up almost all horde and it's important to make small low impact changes to help mitigate this.

Considering this is about race change and not faction change it has absolutely nothing to do with faction balance.

My only advice is to avoid alts so you don't get burn out from levelling. When BC comes out you've really got 4 options:

1)face launch of outland zones which means fighting over quest mobs for a few days/weeks

2)take a break and still do outland zones straight away but with less competition

3)Roll Belf/Draenei and be a couple week behind on attunements for heroics etc

4)Quit.

I'm personally going for the first one, but I was a wrathbaby so all the things people complained about in vanilla/TBC sounded fun to me. 

I scrolled past your OP and everyone else.  I didn't read anything in this thread. 

You can level your alliance shaman and belf paladin with the rest of the players properly at the launch of TBC.

7 hours ago, Ickus said:

Considering this is about race change and not faction change it has absolutely nothing to do with faction balance.

Please don't make comments unless you bother reading.

2 hours ago, jmul1212 said:

I scrolled past your OP and everyone else.  I didn't read anything in this thread. 

You can level your alliance shaman and belf paladin with the rest of the players properly at the launch of TBC.

I only play priest.

You are still telling people to read? Try to make a reasonable post.

It took you 4 posts to even make a half reasonable argument for your cause thats not out of complete lazyness, and the following posts are telling people that they cant read when its pretty obvious that they simply just dont think its a very good suggestion.

On 21.9.2017 at 4:12 AM, Redzinx said:

Wondering the same. And Roxy wth man u aint even trying to read

I read it, and i completely understand what he means. And faction balance was not why he made this suggestion. It even took him 4 posts to make a real argument