Ariados

Rank/Derank while you do not play

Hello,

first of all, I have been ranking on retail vanilla and as well on several private vanilla servers and according to my knowledge and experience, when you do not pvp for a week,which practically means that you get less than 15 hks in that specific week, it means that you freeze and you are not considered as a person who did pvp, therefore you stay the same rank and % as you were.

And basically what happened to me is that I played to lot for couple of weeks so I could achieve rank 10 alone. Once I got this rank, I felt like I need to take a break for a week or two and focus on another things like running dungeons, leveling professions and farming gold. And thats what I did last week, I did no pvp, I have 0 hks and 0 honor for last week, I did avoid all possible encounters and several times I even had to surrender to lvl 60 horde killing me to be sure I do not get any hks. And what happened is that I deranked to rank 9 and 50% even tho I have 0hks and 0 honor last week. So please, do you guys have any idea what might be the issue? Am I missing something here? 

Thanks.

You can display your highest earned title at the beginning of TBC patch 2.0 even if you're a scout/private currently, but that's not the same as freezing rank.

I don't think it's possible to freeze rank by avoiding PVP completely.

The other thing is that I would have expected your decay to be worse than 50% of rank 9 if you were rank 10.

All I know is that I lost rank as I took a couple of weeks off to tend to real life needs.

You mustve been mistaken on retail vanilla but on other pservers there were custom changes (most prominent would be Feenix) where you actually froze. But that isnt blizzlike and not implemented on Elysium.

Interwebz says it should be like:

• If you stop competing in PVP, your RP will fall by the Decay amount each week. 
  • Players of Rank 7 or higher will lose 2500 RP or 1/2 of a Rank per week. 
  • Players of Rank under 7 will lose 10% of their RP total each week. 
  • Your RP total will approach 0 again, but you will not fall below Rank 1.

Hello,

thank you very much for your answers, it is possible I do not remember that well how it was on retail, and yes last time I was ranking was on Feenix so it looks like they modified it there. 

The higher your rank, the more RP you decay.  It's why going from R12 to R14 is such a pain in the balls, the decay is absolutely massive.  There's no freezing at any rank other than if you're 0% into R1.

If only I could rank in steps :/

loved that feenix feature to death tbh. I bet it saved me weeks/mo ths of my life. While still getting somewhere in the long run