Reptar

Server down again?

Yesterday the server went down for over an hour and when I logged back in I was rolled way back and 3 quests that I completed were back in my quest log.  Now the server is down again and I wouldn't be surprised if all the quests I just did will be back in my quest log.  I've posted about the crashes before and everybody says there is no official announcement from devs about the issue or fixing it.  The crashes are so bad it's to the point where I have to decide whether it's worth it to keep playing here.  I really love this server.  The questing is great, population is great, and the economy is healthy.  But it's been border-line unplayable for awhile and I have very little time to play in the first place.

I don't see how donations will help after they took in donations an upgraded to OVH MG-128 (SSD + HDD combo + HW RAID), 2x OVH MG-256 (SSD + HDD comno + HW RAID), OVH HOST-32H (HW RAID), and a backup server.

5 minutes ago, Reptar said:

I don't see how donations will help after they took in donations an upgraded to OVH MG-128 (SSD + HDD combo + HW RAID), 2x OVH MG-256 (SSD + HDD comno + HW RAID), OVH HOST-32H (HW RAID), and a backup server.

it's a free server. if you dont like it, play somewhere else

don't forget to donate

3 minutes ago, Ironsides said:

don't forget to donate

rude.

thanks for adding no input whatsoever.  

1 minute ago, gsmith_13 said:

Nah yeah but seriously about how long are the servers usually down for. The realm status isn't showing up correctly either. 

I dunno... 

2 minutes ago, Ironsides said:

quote me someone who has any input in this thread thus far.

"I don't see how donations will help after they took in donations an upgraded to OVH MG-128 (SSD + HDD combo + HW RAID), 2x OVH MG-256 (SSD + HDD comno + HW RAID), OVH HOST-32H (HW RAID), and a backup server."

--- He has some nice input on what donations went to what upgrades.

"Nah yeah but seriously about how long are the servers usually down for. The realm status isn't showing up correctly either."

--- He has some nice input about the realm status not showing up correctly. 

Also, i'm sure there's more input to come. 

The whole point of this post is to find out if there is any information on server crashes, if it's a known issue, if they're going to fix it, if they need donations in order to fix the problem or any information about the nature of the problem.  Of course nobody has added input, because we're completely left in the dark on the issue.  That's the whole point of this thread.

15 minutes ago, Ironsides said:

don't forget to donate

Criticism comes with the territory - if you don't like it, take the servers down.

uhg i wish there would be an update from the dev like telling us if there is a major issue. would be cool if they tweeted about the situation

It's been crashing like this for awhile and the lack of communication is really concerning.  It sucks investing hundreds of hours just to have a server start crapping out and you're no longer able to play.  I guess I'll take a break until there's an announcement.

On one side  its not their fault that it happens. But on the other they took donations for newer hardware and what not because they believed that would help and they are taking donations again so who knows if the new equipment will really help because they don't communicate enough to say if they understand why its going down or even acknowledge its down, so its a bit tin foil hat territory when it comes to Elysium communicating about server issues and what not.

Edited by Mervil

35 minutes ago, mbee said:

Criticism comes with the territory - if you don't like it, take the servers down.

They have done. 

I'm really enjoying it here and this is concerning, devs just give us an update when the server goes down? that would be great you could tweet out " Server is down we are working on it" and i would be ok with little updates like that

Edited by Tietah

Transparency is all the community is asking for.  Need more donations?  Ask, but tell us why so that we can justify the amount we give.  I'm very appreciative of the Elysium staff and what they do.  Honestly I hope that the donations not applied towards the program is funding their personal interest.  However all that the community is asking for is transparency on why the server has been acting up and what truly needs to be done to avoid future interruptions.