Zondac

Enemy cast bars interface option

Yes, it wasn't in vanilla, but if you wanted to tank or in some cases DPS you're kinda forced to install an addon if you want it, and the fact that it's not present in vanilla was kinda weird, considering interupts are already in the game at this point.  The same can obviously be said about threat meters, but unlike threat meters, enemy cast bars did eventually become an option, in I think 2007. Having the vanilla cast bars available instead of quartz or Natur (both of which thematically have a different style than the vanilla WoW bar) seems like an option that shouldn't be too damaging to the vanilla feel. (I mean, Kick for rogues is practically impossible to use efficiently without addons, which seems really backwards)

Don't wanna make a huge post about it, but would like to know what some good arguments against this are

Considering they're gonna put the Anathema server onto the patch where this feature got put in in not too long (2.0.1), I'm not entirely sure that's correct. Yes, it would require a clientside patch, but so is the update to tbc gonna do anyway, and I know a lot of WoWs interface settings are saved in fairly neatly compiled files, so it's unlikely this is a question of if they can do it.

Carnival and Natur are the same addons I'm pretty sure.

It would be a lot easier to get someone to modify an existing addon so it would look the way you want it than making a custom client. Not speaking of the unblizzlikeness!

When we go tbc we will use 2.4.3 client and we'll have enemy castbars. It ain't just a small patch.

On 26.9.2017 at 11:27 AM, Zondac said:

Considering they're gonna put the Anathema server onto the patch where this feature got put in in not too long (2.0.1), I'm not entirely sure that's correct. Yes, it would require a clientside patch, but so is the update to tbc gonna do anyway, and I know a lot of WoWs interface settings are saved in fairly neatly compiled files, so it's unlikely this is a question of if they can do it.

Carnival and Natur are the same addons I'm pretty sure.

The update to TBC is not a clientside patch. nothing at all is being done to the client. 

Only thing is that you need to download the 2.3.4 client instead of the 1.12