Sign in to follow this  
ScottK1994

Is it weird to be really excited for TBC?

For me its like I'm actually waiting for the expansion to release for the first time, I know I could just go find a BC server if I wanted to but for some reason going from vanilla>TBC seems a million times more cool.

Its especially exciting because I started in Wrath. The whole reason wrath was so 'casual' was because of TBC being apparently so difficult, I can't wait to find out how accurate that is.

Is it just me that feels like that? I think it might be..

6 hours ago, FEYAARES said:

TBC was not so difficult. It's the perfect average between Vanilla and TLK weirdo.

Explain why it wasn't difficult because it seems like you know less than I do.

34 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

Explain why it wasn't difficult because it seems like you know less than I do.

tbc raiding takes less ramp up (no world buffs, consumes being easier to come by), far less fights that require a full resist set, itemization is actually good on all raid items. The mechanics are fights are definitely more difficult than vanilla and the numeric values on health and damage are more challenging than wrath. One thing tbc raids are well known for is having a nice flow of difficulty from beginning to end. Best example of this is BT, where the first 3 bosses are easy, middle 3 are moderate difficulty and final 3 ramp up the difficulty a good bit. 

it's a great balance in raiding and imo the best version of raiding throughout wow. It kept many vanilla elements while polishing the game. The only raid tier that is totally unforgiving is SWP.

@FEYAARES is pretty spot on. I think it'll give a great challenge but nothing crazy. 

@Ickus is 100% right. That's it.

Depends of which way you are playing the game. For me BC was really the most average one in time consuming.

Not hard as Vanilla, but you can see the difference between an hardcore player and a casual easily. 

On 10/1/2017 at 9:43 AM, ScottK1994 said:

I started in Wrath

3 hours ago, ScottK1994 said:

it seems like you know less than I do.

^Just saw this .

KEK <--- This one

KEK

KEK

KEK

"The mechanics are fights are definitely more difficult than vanilla "

So it isn't easier than vanilla? Why are you respected when you speak so much poo.

11 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

So it isn't easier than vanilla? Why are you respected when you speak so much poo.

So you just ignored every other reasons I said? 

@ScottK1994 you're an absolute idiot. You have no experience with either of these expansions, so kid how about you stfu and listen instead of spewing your uninformed bullshit.

It seems like your whole experience of classic is on private servers. Clearly theres a thousand sources which say "most people never seen BT" so whether the first few bosses were easy or not doesn't matter mate.

1 minute ago, ScottK1994 said:

Except, unlike you, I'm only asking questions I don't pretend I know everything(when its clear you haven't played for that long)

From someone who actually played all of vanilla and tbc on retail, Ikus is actually spot on.  You, in fact, are wrong.  Instead you make baseless speculative arguments.

while naxx was a guild killer in vanilla, swp was much more difficult and tightly tuned

"Naxx was a guild killer in vanilla" proving you didn't play retail vanilla. Every video ive seen states that Naxx was only avoided because TBC was announced. That it the only reason.

And yes, a video with 100k views is more reliable than you mate.

Edited by ScottK1994

1 minute ago, ScottK1994 said:

"Naxx was a guild killer in vanilla" proving you didn't play vanilla. Every video ive seen states that Naxx was only avoided because TBC was announced. That it the only reason.

You get your knowledge from videos you watch because you weren't there.  I get my knowledge from actually being there

7 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

You claim you were there, but I know you weren't. Every retail vanilla player ive spoken too, knows why Naxx wasn't seen.

Your ignorance is amazing

1 hour ago, ScottK1994 said:

The actual boss encounters and raid mechanics are higher difficulty than vanilla, but the general preparation needed to raiding is not as consuming as vanilla was:

- As a start... you need less people.

- better itemisation, and the added bonus of badge of justice farming (which ensures some good items for certain classes)

- class balance, anyone can have a raid spot.

- easier to farm gold and consumables.

In general the mechanics of vanilla bosses are not really hard (until Nax), and while there might be a hard boss here and there (such as C'thun), the difficulty comes from getting 40 people to be able to have the requirements to endure the fight (such as enough gear). Also vanilla raiding can require consumables which are perhaps a bit harder to get, and some gear requirements (like resistance gear) for some particular fights which makes the progression take time.

In contrast, the economy of TBC is much smoother given everyone can farm gold with daily quests, and recipes for crafting consumables are more widely available. In regards to boss mechanics, they are more complex than vanilla, but they rely more on individual skill of players, and the itemisation makes it much easier to focus on making harder boss mechanics, instead of making the encounter hard because the raid lacks dps.

In regards to Nax, consider it was the end of expansion raid, and it is certainly much more difficult than the rest. If you notice vanilla progression, you will realise that blizzard was acting on a trial and error basis, slowly making the raids better. It could be said that the TBC raids are the product of what blizzard learned through vanilla and posses some of the challenges presented in the most difficult bosses, with Nax as the culmination of the expansion being the hardest. This is why, despite Nax being regarded as  the hardest raid ever released, the general difficulty of the entire TBC expansion is higher than vanilla in comparison.

PS: it is also fair to say that, looking back at vanilla, all the strategies are now widely known and the raid encounters  may today seem much easier than they originally were.

@ScottK1994 why are you asking question if you except one exact answer ? It's just stupid af.

Naxx was not so hard and everybody assume but this is NOW. In the past only a little part of players was good enough in therms of gear optimization and knowledge to go.

- Vanilla was hard because of 40 people raid group

- Vanilla was hard because of time spent only in raid prep

- Vanilla was hard because nobody was really knowing the game

- Vanilla was hard because addon was not optimized as today

The retail players who think Naxx was easy are in general people who was not inside and just take a look on some video as you. 
I was never in Naxx during Vanilla and for sure the strat are not so hard. But I can imagine how it looks hard without the knowledge we have now and the addon we are using.

So if we can close this sterile conversation, memorize this.

- Vanilla was harder than BC in therms of raid organization

- Vanilla was harder than BC in therms of raid preparation

- Vanilla was harder than BC in therms of Gear Optimization

- BC was harder than Vanilla in therms of individual skills

- BC was harder than Vanilla in therms of Boss strat

- BC was harder than TLK in therms of raid preparation

- BC was harder than TLK in therms of Gear Optimization (they add a lot of things in TLK to reach a good stuff lvl and go through ICC easily and it was not the case in BC) 

- BC was harder than TLK in therms of time consuming 

- TLK was harder than BC in therms of individual skills 

- TLK was harder than BC in therms of Boss strat

You can more or less repeat this story till Legion. And you know why WoW is hard but far away from what an MMORPG should be.

So yeah, BC was the perfect average. 

Short version.

Raiding took less preparation but boss mechanics was harder.

PvE/Leveling was easier due to being more streamlined with clear quest hubs and instance hubs. But at the same time the awesomeness of instances like BRD was taken from us due to instances was made to be cleared in 30 min by a skilled group. So while leveling and general PvE was still good it was less diverse and IMO more boring.

So to define harder/easier the one asking need to define the question in such a manner that it adresses what he actually want to know. TBC isn't Vanilla dumbed up or made harder. Its an own version. What I can say is that over time the game became more and more streamlined.

All I bloody asked was is it weird to look forward to TBC and I get a bunch of nerds attacking me over pedantic nonsense lol.

You can tell theyre not Anathema horde players though, Anathema horde are cool.

You're saying that you only asked one thing and a bunch of nerds attacked you because of it, but the truth is that you actually provoked them first, telling them they have no idea what they are talking about and that they know less than you, or even by saying rude things like "why are you respected when you speak so much 'poo'". After all that, you come back saying they attacked you just for asking if they were excited about TBC or not?