Hinkhenk

Different exp for new characters.

Ok so me and my friend started a new char.

I go for priest, and he go for mage, both trolls.

I kill something, i get 18 exp and he get 36 exp. he watched me kill it, and did nothing himself.

We were in the same party and we tried this with both me and him as party leaders, and i recieved half the exp, no matter the combination how we killed/amount of damage we did or leader.

What is up with this?

Edit: We left the party and we recieved same ammout of exp for same lvl mob when not in party.

when we joined party again, we recieved half of what we got from going together, but an equal ammount this time.

Is there no party bonus exp?

Edited by Hinkhenk

seemes unlikely, because we created the characters pretty much at the same time, and we did go exactly together the whole time, and also the "rested exp" should not have been carried over 10 mobs before exhausted, for completely new characters

Exp while grouped is typically reduced by a factor of how many nearby party members there are. This is how it was in Vanilla because killing mobs as a group is easier therefore less exp is earned.

As for not receiving equal exp for a kill, I have found that typically the person who deals the most damage (to the monster) might get slightly more exp (think healers always get a pretty good share, never tested though).

It really won't matter though, one person might level up 1 kill earlier at most.

however i who did ALL the damage to a monster, recieved 18 exp, while my friend recieves 36, for just watching.

this is whats wierd

He was rested, rested is double experience, and somehow? your friend got exactly the double of your experience, I don't think that a coincidence.

He might just have entered a inn without you for 2m and got rested for 1 mobs

20 hours ago, Hinkhenk said:

I kill something, i get 18 exp and he get 36 exp. he watched me kill it, and did nothing himself.

We were in the same party and we tried this with both me and him as party leaders, and i recieved half the exp, no matter the combination how we killed/amount of damage we did or leader.

What is up with this?

Edit: We left the party and we recieved same ammout of exp for same lvl mob when not in party.

when we joined party again, we recieved half of what we got from going together, but an equal ammount this time.

So please tell me,

5 hours ago, Warlogy said:

He was rested, rested is double experience, and somehow? your friend got exactly the double of your experience, I don't think that a coincidence.

He might just have entered a inn without you for 2m and got rested for 1 mobs

This was just not 1 mob, this was 10 beginning boars lvl 1 and lvl 2 respectively.

Even if this is not such a big issue, there are nowhere at spawn to get rested exp, and we logged in with our new chars at the same time in valley of trials.

He had the double amount of exp after we killed the 10 boars for the first quest, and i believe this is a bug rather than some "coinsidence".

You wanted to play at the same time right. But that doesn't mean you created the characters at the same time. He may have created the character and logged in for a second then logged back out. That's the only explanation that's reasonable if you did both start at level 1

5 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

You wanted to play at the same time right. But that doesn't mean you created the characters at the same time. He may have created the character and logged in for a second then logged back out. That's the only explanation that's reasonable if you did both start at level 1

Well, as I have told you allready, we did create the characters at the exact same time, logged in exactly the same time, and went straight to exactly the same questgivers and the exact same mobs during the first quest. This is where we experienced this issue, if there had been anything with rested exp, i would not have gone through with this post.

He recieved the double exp to what i did, no matter damage percentage between us, in the party.

On 10/2/2017 at 8:08 PM, Hinkhenk said:

What is up with this?

The party bonus is that you can kill faster with 2, so no bonus exp is needed.