FinchTheBird

Trying to run the game on college wifi

The college I'm currently attending does not allow anything from the blizzard launcher originally IE the launcher doesn't log me in, can't connect to the wifi, I assume it's being blocked. Either way, the Elysium launch for the vanilla wow runs but when I try to connect to the server (currently on anathema) it won't connect, is there anyway to circumvent this or any way to get it working?

These matters are repeated almost daily.

• What is the content of your realmlist.wtf file/?
  • What directory are you running wow from? Programs?
  • Is the WoW folder write protected, or is any of its contents?
  • Have you deleted the WDB folder and the Config.wtf file in the WFT folder?

I don't think you're getting what i'm trying to say. The game runs fine at home. I can boot up the launcher and play WOW on anathema no problem. It just when i'm on school wifi it doesn't run.

As Spionida sayd "Then it's being blocked by the school's router/firewall."

It happens many times that a School/collegue etc. sets up a "Webfilter" wich filters unwanted content. The only way to go arround is using a VPN because it connects to a Proxy outside of your schoolserver (Rooter -> Proxy -> Network) not like normal (rooter -> Server -> Network).

Other way would be asking if your school Serveradministrator grand access to the Elysium Servers.

Thats it ^^

Greetings,

Kruxis

Hey there Kelly, GM Exxia here. Sadly there isn't all too much you can do about this. I'd recommend you just check further up in this thread. The best way to have a VPN as Kruxis said, but if it's possible for it to be added to the webfilter your school / college has you could do it that way also. But the likelihood of that is really low.

@KellyRolands