snaksnaksnak

How Vanilla, TBC going to work?

I'm quite confused about the future of this project. Are there going to be vanilla servers along side TBC servers or are they going to remove vanilla server and just have TBC ones?

i would think its like warmane where they have different servers running alongside each other.
in that case if you want to remain vanilla,you have to do nothing and if you want to play elysium tbc you have to download the elysium tbc client which is independent from the vanilla one.
thats my theory anyway

You're going to end up with this type of situation:

-Crestfall PTE servers (pvp)

-Elysium tbc servers (pvp)

-Elysium-Anathema server (pvp) since they'll merge

-darrowshire server (pve)

The Elysium pvp server will have an enormous loss of population in the future, and darrowshire is already a low pop server, and will probably die: most of the vanilla players will go to crestfall. Of course, the majority of the Anathema/Elysium players will go to the tbc server once it's available as well.

Basically, the crestfall servers will be made of vanilla players, fresh players, newcomers, the CF community (obviously), the people who were waiting for crestfall and so on, when the elysium TBC servers will be mostly based on the Elysium community.

So yeah, those are the options in the future.

7 minutes ago, Rokko said:

i would think its like warmane where they have different servers running alongside each other.
in that case if you want to remain vanilla,you have to do nothing and if you want to play elysium tbc you have to download the elysium tbc client which is independent from the vanilla one.
thats my theory anyway

Yes, as far as we know.

7 minutes ago, Ashteloren said:

You're going to end up with this type of situation:

-Crestfall PTE servers (pvp)

So this one will have rolling expansion?

-Elysium tbc servers (pvp)

This one is the new TBC?

-Elysium-Anathema server (pvp) since they'll merge

This is the old vanilla?

-darrowshire server (pve)

Still vanilla PVE?

35 minutes ago, snaksnaksnak said:

So this one will have rolling expansion?

This one is the new TBC?

This is the old vanilla?

Still vanilla PVE?

Yup, crestfall is the one with the progressive system.

yeah, the new TBC server will be based on the "legacy crusade" server, or Crogge's server.

No, Elysium is actually the "youngest one", but anathema is indeed old, as it's the ancient Nostalrius server (renamed).

And yes, Darrowshire will remain as a pve server, but this one's going to die for sure in the future, when crestfall launches.

I'm going to look like a fanboy, but imo, if you love hard pve content, the idea of very long-term investment (PTE) and really detailed stuff (they're researching things like madmen while working on their core), then crestfall is for you.

If you're a die-hard TBC fan, and you mostly want to play this expansion, then Elysium TBC might be the right option, as you won't get TBC on crestfall before 1.5 year after the CF launch.