Sign in to follow this  
Oakenlix

Crossfaction collaboration / appeal to moderators.

Referring to this thread: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/56656-cross-faction-collusion-allowed/

@Zazabi The GM in question is clearly clueless, organized crossfaction collaboration is against the rules.

@Vartonis, I understand that as a new moderator you want to be as active as possible, but you still don't have to close every thread for no reason, mate. Please, don't go full nazi-mode, let people discuss what they wanna discuss unless its breaking the forum rules.

3 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

The GM in question is clearly clueless, organized crossfaction collaboration is against the rules.

This is aparently not true except for world-bosses (even if the rules seem to say so):

Greetings everyone!

Effective immediately, we have implemented a new section of our Terms of Use titled “Organized Cross Faction Collaboration”, under Section D, “Griefing”, disallowing any large-scale, organized collaboration between opposite factions on all of our servers. (https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/21966-terms-of-use-rules-regulations/)

We have kept a close eye upon the current situation at hand, with guilds and groups of the opposing faction working together to attempt to hold, or actively holding a monopoly on world boss spawns. We believe that this behavior, to it’s current extent, is no longer within the spirit of the game.)

Example of cross-faction collusion: Alliance guild A engaged boss Horde guild B and C wipe Alliance guild A. Alliance guild B engage boss, Horde guild B and C ignore/assist Alliance guild B.

Example of cross-faction collusion: 15 players have cross-faction alts, their main is Alliance in guild B. Alliance guild A pulls boss, players from guild B logs on their alts and wipe Guild A. Guild B pulls the boss/event/mob and the horde alts log off or do nothing.

Sincerely,
Elysium Staff

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/49625-tou-changecross-faction-collaboration/

But it's pretty confusing. The rules clearly say "Organized cross-faction collaboration" is considered griefing but it seems it's only considered griefing when it comes to world-bosses.

2 hours ago, Wrathran said:

But it's pretty confusing. The rules clearly say "Organized cross-faction collaboration" is considered griefing but it seems it's only considered griefing when it comes to world-bosses.

It's just that the examples they give involve world bosses, but they never say it applies to world bosses only. 

To me the rules seem quite clear in that any organized x-faction collaboration is against the rules.

I don't consider it "full blown Nazi" to close a thread that is, IMO, designed to bait and create an argument rather than reasonable discussion. 

I am sorry you feel that way. 

9 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

To me the rules seem quite clear in that any organized x-faction collaboration is against the rules.

The high court (GM) have ruled and we now have a precedent. The rule only apply on world bosses.

3 hours ago, Wrathran said:

The high court (GM) have ruled and we now have a precedent. The rule only apply on world bosses.

We've seen some GMs do and say silly things, "GM is always right" principle simply doesn't work.