Sign in to follow this  
Maderek

It's been over a week now....

How about an update on when this merge will be complete?

My friends moved to the Lights Hope realms cause they gave up on this, and I may end up joining them soon.

Development cycles are usually 2 weeks, not 1 week. 

1 week is extremely short considering they have RL jobs aswell.

3 hours ago, Justme said:

They dont tho, since $$$

3 hours ago, Justme said:

They haven't provided any sort of time estimate so how would you know, exactly?

1 hour ago, Maderek said:

They haven't provided any sort of time estimate so how would you know, exactly?

Given the amount of work needed I can tell 1 week is not enough without receiving their ETA :)

Wow you people are really pathetic, they are literally trying to bring the best experience and to resolve the sh*tstorm of issues this merge has (name conflicts, different game versions of each server, etc.), developing that stuff ain't easy and pushing them to do it faster won't bring anyone any good. So just be patient ffs and hope they do a great job

Lets be honest, this wouldn't be an issue had part of their team not taken the database due to them finding out about the gold selling and the selling of R14... 

People just want to play on characters that they've invested time into.. is that too much to ask for?  Everyone should still realize it's a private server and that your characters may not exist on a whim.  I can see both sides point of view. Fact is they haven't really gave any real concrete communication as to what is going on with the merge of all the databases onto one realm.

https://imgur.com/eb4aNiu

On 11/17/2017 at 3:29 AM, Lihvar said:

Wow you people are really pathetic, they are literally trying to bring the best experience and to resolve the sh*tstorm of issues this merge has (name conflicts, different game versions of each server, etc.), developing that stuff ain't easy and pushing them to do it faster won't bring anyone any good. So just be patient ffs and hope they do a great job

I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have any problems waiting for however long it takes to get the servers merged and operational -- my only issue is with the lack of updates. Keeping information flowing is an important part of the development life-cycle, and as stakeholders we'd of course like to know how progress is fairing. I am an IT professional myself and while I would love to volunteer my time, the fact is my free time is extremely sparse. So I respect the job being done by staff (and I also had no qualms about the drama that happened, honestly time should be compensated in some way). 

Anyway, yes. Just an update every couple days would be nice, even if it's just saying that it's still be developed. My biggest concern is that the entire project will be dropped in order to concentrate on Nighthaven. 

Pleaaaase can you just do an update to keep us informed.
I mean im logging everyday to check servs and instant alt f4 pleaaase i want to know

I also see it like Marmeul and others.

Please only give real feedback and informations, don't promise anything you can't keep.

If something unregular thing is happened, keep the community informed.

Otherwise the Project will die.. the community is everything for the project and if the community disappear, the project will do the same.

Greetings Korsch

5 hours ago, IamDecisive said:

So is this a lost cause or...? I mean any information would be nice

I gave up a while back.

They clearly are focused much more on their new server, which is fine if that's the path they want to take, BUT I would appreciate if they were actually upfront about it or communicate SOMETHING. Even if this server ever does come online, i doubt it will have more than 200 at this point - they waited much too long.

Edited by Maderek

I saw some new servers labeled Stratholme on the realmlist yesterday, the names were changed today, and the server went from Normal to PvP. I also see it says I have 3 characters on those offline realms. My guess is were getting closer at least, don't really need an exact time or ETA, but yeah just ANY mention of it at all would be good.

And I think a lot of people will play on it again. Maybe not right away, but considering it's all 3 servers merged, and a lot of players from those dead servers will be happy to return again, as well as those who invested time on their characters there. But I don't expect it to boom right away, just hope it can maintain decent numbers

Edited by IamDecisive

I saw some new servers labeled Stratholme on the realmlist yesterday, 

I saw them more than once over the past few days as well. I believe they are running some tests, but I could be wrong. The server will be released for sure.

We should not be surprised by the fact it is still not online, it takes alot of work to merge three servers and get everything working properly and flawlessly, after all, at this point everything they do is on a voluntary basis as the server does not have a cash shop and money through donations is pocket money.

What amazes me is that from some reason they are refusing to update you guys (I am Nighthaven player, not gonna play on Stratholme) with the current situation, positives, negatives, ETA etc. It really takes a minute or two of someone's time to do so, and everyone would be much happier.

Edited by Kalmar

I certainly hope so. Light's hope banned both of my level 60 characters and I don't feel like starting over from scratch:(. I'm very much ok with a rollback.