Baluin

Is this a joke? No mailing until you reach Level 5?

This cannot be the solution to stop gold sellers. You basically kill all Bank Chars from the players. And everyone need them. You can't play Vanilla properly without having multiple Level 1 horting your stuff. And what now? I cannot reach my stuff because i must level all my level 1 gnomes first, or what?

I prefer getting spammed 100 times a day as this "solution".  

Just spare 10 minutes of your time and lvl a bank alt to lvl5.

I know this is not a solution to your problem, but is what it is, it's really not a big deal, just do a few quests while heading towards capital city.

Edited by Kalmar

Don't know how you manage to make 5 Levels in 10 Minute. I don't seems to have this magic ability. Anyway ... I'm done now with a couple of my bank chars. Take me awhile because i dish all gear from them already. With all the Guild Bank Chars now ... oh what a fun that is going to be.

This is clearly not the right way. Then make some sort of Premium Account where you pay 5 bucks per Month but keep all the abilities like mailing, wisper and /s with Level 1!!! This is more annoying then the gold sellers. Just ignore them.

The reason is simple: Gold spammers.

If we were to reduce the cap you would have spam mail for days from harmful sites.

8 hours ago, Skrar94 said:

Punish the community instead makes sense

its quite the opposite. even with these restrictions im getting an average of 3-4 pieces of mail a day, while online, advertising gold for sale. it would easily be 10x this if spammers can have easier access to the features. level 5 bank alts are typically a good idea anyway in vanilla as you can get enchanting and disenchant whatever items you want from your higher toons.

If it's quick and easy to get to lvl 5(and believe me it was not-because u gotta take your lvl 1 char out thecity and run to starting location, and that place is really crowded, you can't easily do your quests) then it means it's easy for gold spammers to lvl their char to 5. And they'll do it. You'll se there'll be no improvement whatsoever.

Being that this is a private server, I have characters that I play to level up on their own accounts each and banker alt accounts with 9 level 1's each that I ran to a capital city. When my main characters have their bank slots fill up, I dual box in the capital city to offload their garbage to the banker alts and move on.

I'm really going to miss that with Blizzard retail classic where the accounts are paid monthly. But at any rate this change didn't affect how I played.

Gold selling asshats figured out that spacing one word World lines is a way to get around Spamthrottle.

Any chance of just going forward with a vpn/proxy ban of the most commonly used China Mainland services to put an end to this?

Just level to 5. It is not hard. Time spent on a PC game is not so valuable you can't waste a half-hour of it, even with overcrowded starting zones.

The requirement doesn't STOP gold sellers. It discourages them. Or at least makes it more difficult for them to be annoying.

I agree with this decision, a matter of fact push the level up even further to level 10, I've actually always wanted vanilla to be even harder to play, so raise that level up even higher, I wanna see the player base really crying on these forums.

Easy soution: allow lvl1s to mail and chat anywhere, if there is at least one lvl20+ character on the same account, otherwise the lvl5 mail and lvl10 chat rule can be active.

This way we can use bankalts and chat, and spammers still need to lvl to 5 or 10, and useless for them to lvl one to 20 because if they do it with lvl1 chars after lvld one to 20 the ban still account ban so not worth it for them. But normal players probably plan to lvl to at least 0 before planning to make an alt, until then the lvl5 mailing is ok, its not much time to lvl a mage (or warlock)

Also since there are "developers" who can do anything, just instead of banning sellers, just flag those accounts as sellers, andprevent their messages to be seen to anyone (do not broadcast) but thes should still see their own messages if they were succesful, so they think it works and keep spamming on same account instead of making another, but we in fact see nothing. Or only send those messages to other flagged accs so they se eachother's goldspam so they think its a success and everyone seen them :) Even if they know that they can get secretly muted, they dont know whane, and will not check after each global message they send.

How are the gold sellers actually making their own gold?  From a character that is beyond level 20 right and thus ruining your idea?

Yes BUT they don't use the same account to advertise, because if their lvl1s or 10s get banned then the farmer 60 characters too. So obviously they dont have any high character on the gold-advertising accounts, or if they do then its even better because then their hidden farmer characters are getting banned as well along with the account!

So yes, my idea is flawless, or may could even work better than I tought :)

It took me 29 minutes to get my bank alt to level 5 and then whatever time it took to walk up to org.  I like the level 5 requirement for mail as the 30 minutes +/- you spend to level is of no real inconvenience. 

I hope sellers dont think the same, and for them its annoying as hell :)

of course only if the got banned often, once a day to just spam for hours after is not a big deal.

Haha it's now level 10! GJ for annoying the playerbase. The gold sellers laughing there asses off. There don't care. They use bots and now making even more money. Or maybe some guys have a tip now for us we can make it from level 5 to 10 in 10min, like some heroes here. When was the last time you level without bots from 1 to 10? Tell me, how long it takes? :) And then think about the guilds. There have to manage more then 10-20 bank chars. And many player have 3-5 aswell.

Can you please make some sort of premium system where we can pay a little bit per month but not get annoyed by leveling our bankchars! Thanks! This is going crazy! Some guys even find it good because they want " vanilla harder to play". This is pur time waste, nothing more. There is nothing hard to level up to 10. It's just wasting ur time and get annoyed. 

Happy Hollydays everbody ;)