Sign in to follow this  
Helvete

Nighthaven — Its been 1 month!

Over 1 month has passed since the release of Nighthaven.

We had been doing a lot of work to provide the most stable Classic World of Warcraft experience.

We've always emphasized that Elysium is a community-driven server, this is why your opinion is very important to us.

First, an infographic!

nighthaven2.jpg

Now, dear Nighthaven players:

• What do you think about the realm?
  • What do you love, what would you change?
  • Do you enjoy the experience?

Every opinion counts and will help us making Nighthaven even better for you, the community!

Kind regards,
Elysium Staff

Personally I love the vanilla experience and would like to be able to continue with vanilla once the planned TBC launch takes place. Other than that I am enjoying every moment! Gj Elysium Staff!

20 minutes ago, raqiol said:

Personally I love the vanilla experience and would like to be able to continue with vanilla once the planned TBC launch takes place. Other than that I am enjoying every moment! Gj Elysium Staff!

You can, you only copy your characters over to TBC. You will still keep your Vanilla character, everyone does.

Essentially, You'll have two versions of your character. :) 

Ill cant wait for TBC <3 . 

Ill hope there is a way to copy some chars from strath/anathema to TBC i would like to continue there journey as well :) .

Edited by benty

I’m sure it’s only a small amount of people that feel the same way, but can we please allow characters (atleast level 40 and below) from Stratholme to be played on Nighthaven, Stratholme is very low and inactive pop it makes the experience not fun and it’s extremely difficult to find people your level to group with :/, I understand why max level chars cannot be transferred as of right now but mid leveled chars should be fine? I’m sure in addition to myself there are others who already spent a lot of time leveling up and don’t want to restart but would also like to enjoy the community of Nighthaven. Thanks

Wait, did I read that correct?

Currently only 843 characters are level 60?

Not that it's a big deal, but rather interesting, I wonder if it is true for most vanilla realms that most people don't finish the grind.

Edited by Maderek

2 hours ago, Maderek said:

Wait, did I read that correct?

Currently only 843 characters are level 60?

Not that it's a big deal, but rather interesting, I wonder if it is true for most vanilla realms that most people don't finish the grind.

It's only been one month, I'd say next month will have 5x that number.

I've been nothing but impressed with how well this project has been running and how involved the GMs have been in informing the community about what is going on. Looking at everything on the infographic is awesome, I hope we see more of those as the server moves forward. It's been a fun month and I can't wait to enjoy the rest of the coming content over this next year. Thanks to everybody up front and behind the scenes running this project for us :D

Thank you for everything you are doing, it's been a fantastic WoW Classic experience.  My only complaint is the lost characters I had on Elysium and Darrowshire, but mostly because i'm afraid it will happen again here on Nighthaven.  To have invested so much time and effort, it would be helpful if you can give some reassurances going forward.

I have been thinking about TCG loot, can't you make some system for us to obtain that? 

I think a great way would be to make it possible to "buy" tcg items who was available in vanilla. Since it's only cosmetical you wouldn't change the gameplay, also this would be a great way to actually get some people to donate.

And I would put the prices around what the tcg cards for retail cost today. Let's say from eBay or other similar sites.

Awesome work with the servers by the way! I would say it's even a better experience than it was back in the old days. I've heard that servers back in the days only supported 3k players online before there was a queue. 

I was in despair when Lemmings Hope swiped the other servers. I was forced to become a Lemming. Then I transferred my characters back to Elysium and felt less of a Lemming after LH announced they were probably closing after WoW Classic is launched. I had some hope to continue in the private server scene without getting locked into whatever Activision Blizzard dishes out and I have to endure whatever WoW Classic and retail WoW becomes. I have more choices with private servers and I am grateful to be given the opportunity of more choices that WoW private servers like The Elysium Project provide. But I was in despair.

The other Lemmings at LH would not come back here. The only hope I saw for Elysium was a Fresh server. And FRESH we got, prior to Strat's launch. The Nighthaven PvP server was and is fun. More importantly it brought players back and hopefully they will progress with the Fresh server and so will I. The thing I am most looking forward to with Nighthaven is progression. I am fine and ok with Nighthaven's fast progression to TBC. If Elysium wishes to continue with that pace then that is fine with me, for what it is worth. I am hoping that The Burning Crusade server launches later on which is something else to look forward to and more importantly, gives incentive to stick around Nighthaven to progress to TBC later on.

I would encourage keeping the Github development the way it is as a WoW core maintenance method of continuing development for Elysium, and open source will deter sabotage by malicious coders as the source code may be scrutinised by your dev's. More importantly server side patching may continue indefinitely for Nighthaven. Win win.

When I logged into the Stratholme PvP server and saw not many players online there I knew it was doomed, doomed fast, Strat was not feasible or sustainable. Therefore I hope the characters I transferred from LH will be used on your TBC server one day since Strat didn't make it and I'm ok with starting anew with Nighthaven as I was looking for a Fresh server challenge anyway, coincidentally. I have no regrets about leaving LH and my toons don't exist there any more so I won't be tempted to return. No regrets. I won't be going back to Lemmings Hope because I'm an ex-Lemming now and let them be led to the cliff edge blindly trusting if that's what they want and cannot transfer themselves away from that fate whether data backups are provided for their characters or not once WoW Classic launches and LH closes and I will coninue here hopefully if things are still operational later on. I hope they are. Because of that I would also advise and recommend the character transfer tool as an option is available permanently for other lost but found Elysium players. No hard feelings to them, they are gone from my life now but maybe they will come back one day.

Once again, no regrets and thanks for launching Nighthaven. It's a blast there.

V6C1X2r.jpg

7LWJC9A.jpg

aPJUBkA.jpg

Edited by Booksie
Meh

When I logged into the Stratholme PvP server and saw not many players online there I knew it was doomed, doomed fast, Strat was not feasible or sustainable. Therefore I hope the characters I transferred from LH will be used on your TBC server one day since Strat didn't make it and I'm ok with starting anew with Nighthaven as I was looking for a Fresh server challenge anyway, coincidentally. I have no regrets about leaving LH and my toons there don't exist there any more so I won't be tempted to return. No regrets. I won't be going back to Lemmings Hope because I'm an ex-Lemming now and let them be led to the cliff edge blindly trusting if that's what they want and cannot transfer themselves away from that fate whether data backups are provided for their characters or not. Once again, no regrets and thanks for launching Nighthaven. It's a blast there.

Lol at lemmings. I was banned in Lights Hope so I too am not going back there.

1 minute ago, SweetRevenge said:

Lol at lemmings. I was banned in Lights Hope so I too am not going back there.

I tried to like there but too many alarm bells were going off. A sharp exit and a duck and dive away from teh Lemmings Hope cliff edge was avoided thanks to the transfer system back to Elysium. The biggest risk there was attachment, if I didn't get attached to LH or my toon's there I could stay away and stick with Elysium. Getting rid of the toon's there after the transfer sealed the deal and this Lemming avoided the fall. For now. I'm grateful to Elysium for Nighthaven and hopefully it will stay long into the future, having a blast.

I play on Elysium instead of Light's Hope because:

1. Fresh start
  2. Smooth experience with no lag & high render distance
  3. No overpopulation

Things I would like to see in the future:

• 5-6k population cap
  • Continued efforts to fight visible goldselling spam.
  • Some insight (blog posts mainly) into how you go about managing the server and development updates
  • Simple homepage with concurrent player count and news bulletin (much like Warmane's).

Thank you for not giving up after the LH breakaway. This has so far been the highest quality Vanilla experience I've had including Nostalrius. Well done and good luck in the future.

Edited by Boohaha
Added some points

12 hours ago, Balzzanar said:

Sorry for making so many people roll warrior :S

Happens by accident >:)

Warriors always are the most populated class on any vanilla server.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:13 PM, Sharezz said:

Thank you for everything you are doing, it's been a fantastic WoW Classic experience.  My only complaint is the lost characters I had on Elysium and Darrowshire, but mostly because i'm afraid it will happen again here on Nighthaven.  To have invested so much time and effort, it would be helpful if you can give some reassurances going forward.

That can never happen again, we now have backups of the backups from the backups ;)

On 12/13/2017 at 3:35 PM, Boohaha said:

I play on Elysium instead of Light's Hope because:

1. Fresh start
  2. Smooth experience with no lag & high render distance
  3. No overpopulation

Things I would like to see in the future:

• 5-6k population cap
  • Continued efforts to fight visible goldselling spam.
  • Some insight (blog posts mainly) into how you go about managing the server and development updates
  • Simple homepage with concurrent player count and news bulletin (much like Warmane's).

Thank you for not giving up after the LH breakaway. This has so far been the highest quality Vanilla experience I've had including Nostalrius. Well done and good luck in the future.

The population is rising, and the counter for gold spammers is quite soon, even though we are trying our best now.

I can do something on managing the server, but we already have development updates.

New website is soon, it may also feature an armoury.