orwell

Timeline progression is too fast!

I have to say that I would prefer slow progression, as the OP states, a lot of people have long hour jobs, I work anywere up to 17 hours a day so get very little time to play. I came back to vanilla to enjor the content. Also, perhaps introducing a tbc server with character transfers would be far more suitable that replacing the vanilla server (if that was the plan anyway)

Well it looks like over half are in favor of a blizz-like experience.  So it would only make sense that the devs would at least compromise and make it 1.5 years where 80% of us people would be somewhat happy right?

The main problem with keeping the server with such fast timeline pace it is set at currently is that as many others have stated, they do not have the time to play to keep up with content, but even then it is too fast for people that plays alot. There is way too much to do in vanilla on a regular basis resulting most of it being pointless due to how fast content is going to be released. The current timeline that is set with 1.3 (now released), 1.4 and 1.5 is completely balanced as we want the PvP system and BGs to be out asap. BWL should be released atleast 2 months (minimum) after 1.5 to allow people to catch up and be able to farm the new additions of gear implemented in Molten Core.

But not only is it a problem for the people that can only play casual, but also for the hardcore players that will be farming BGs (ranking) to Rank 14 etc. The server wont even have a Rank 14 by the time Blackwing Lair releases, most likely unless a player gets 13 000 Rank Points every week.

All in all fast timeline progression is bad and unhealthy for the server AND PROJECT, alot of people do not even want to play TBC (myself included) and wants to play strictly vanilla, while also having the option to play on a FRESH REALM.

I am very disapointed with the fact that there has not been a response to either this thread or the other one posted in the "Suggestion" sub-forum. Gives me the impression the staff does not give a rats ass, very unfortunate if that is the case. Be well aware that despite all drama that occoured and with the split of the previous Elysium staff you should find yourself lucky you are even able to have and maintain such a healthy playerbase.

Atleast make an official post in this thread or the thread posted in the Suggestion sub-forum and tell us that no changes or adjustments will be made to the timeline so certain people can call the quits rather than keeping hopes up for any changes being made.

EDIT:
Link to the other forum thread (Posted 5 weeks ago, lmfao):

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/57392-stop-the-fast-paced-progression/?tab=comments#comment-459335

Edited by Ethereum

Good evening heroes,

I have had a look at all the votes, including the straw poll. 

To that end, I will have a look at what I can do with the timeline. I am aware that players may agree or may not agree with the votes placed here, so they will be invited to vote. 

This is not set in stone, or an agreement to change the current situation, but an offer for us to possibly change it to give you a bit more time to raid. Please remember, that just because the timeline is sped up, Vanilla is not going anywhere, but we also need to stay 'ahead of the game' before the 'official' servers launch. This is why the decision was made to give it around 12 months then give you the option to make a copy of your character and place it on a TBC realm, whilst also retaining a character on Nighthaven.

Regards,

Ash

To give an example of how fast and unreasonable this progression is:

If you start raiding Molten Core (and an Onyxia kill each week as well) after the reset this Tuesday (which honestly there are very few guilds right now that are clearing MC in full on a weekly basis), you have a grand total of 12 full clears to get geared before BWL.  If your raid composition was the perfect 5 of each class for perfect gear distribution (5x8 different classes is 40 for those of you who can't do the math) that is some serious competition and luck to get fully geared.  You have 8 main body gear pieces, cloak, 2 trinket slots, 2 ring slots, neck and then the weapon/ranged/relic slots.  

Now not every class/every spec requires the gearing up in each slot from MC alone but with +/- 16 slots to gear up and mainly MC and Onyxia to get it from, it would be extremely tough to get a full 40 man raid geared and ready for BWL (I get that a full 40 man raid with full MC gear isn't required for BWL but it sure does make it less painful). 

Realistically for a vast majority of the server is to actually not start full clearing MC until sometime just after New Years which actually only gives you about 8 MC resets to do all this!

Very happy with this response Ash, and I'm hoping the devs make the right decision to go back to the Blizzlike two year release of all content patches.  You don't need to compete with Classic.  You *will* lose a significant player base when it launches for a time because duh, everybody wants to check out Blizzard's official project but they will start trickling back when they discover something about Classic that they don't like.  

Just now, Garthim said:

Very happy with this response Ash, and I'm hoping the devs make the right decision to go back to the Blizzlike two year release of all content patches.  You don't need to compete with Classic.  You *will* lose a significant player base when it launches for a time because duh, everybody wants to check out Blizzard's official project but they will start trickling back when they discover something about Classic that they don't like.  

I was the one who did the timeline last time. My reasoning was that we need to stay ahead of the release of official realms giving players an option to stay one expansion ahead or experience something new.

Unfortunately, i do not think 2 years is a good idea, as if we have nothing in place by the time official servers launch, you'll end up not even being able to finish our timeline. 

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

Good evening heroes,

I have had a look at all the votes, including the straw poll. 

To that end, I will have a look at what I can do with the timeline. I am aware that players may agree or may not agree with the votes placed here, so they will be invited to vote. 

This is not set in stone, or an agreement to change the current situation, but an offer for us to possibly change it to give you a bit more time to raid. Please remember, that just because the timeline is sped up, Vanilla is not going anywhere, but we also need to stay 'ahead of the game' before the 'official' servers launch. This is why the decision was made to give it around 12 months then give you the option to make a copy of your character and place it on a TBC realm, whilst also retaining a character on Nighthaven.

Regards,

Ash

Dear Ash,

I understand your intents of trying to get the content out before legacy wow arrives, but you have another server (Stratholme) doing just that already, just because you speed up the content does not justify the fact being "It's still vanilla" or "You can still play vanilla wow.", alot of things changed at later patches thus forcing the content to come out sooner than it should ruins the legitimacy of the server as the character progression will not be a NATURAL process for anyone. The hardcore players will not get the gear they want prior to release of another content nor will casuals be farming previous contents while a new one is out. You want new content to come out when most guilds only need two days to clear both Molten Core & Blackwing Lair, this being from the perspective of those guilds that has been around since the very beginning.

To summerize: Speeding up the content to "stay ahead" of Legacy being in the making is not an valid arguement, as most people want to play vanilla in the pace that is more realistic for most people to get the most out of the time they invest playing. Even if Legacy wow comes out before you release certain content on Nighthaven, the content will still be out on "Stratholme", people will have the options to experience the content they want based on what server they decide to play on.

1 minute ago, Ash said:

I was the one who did the timeline last time. My reasoning was that we need to stay ahead of the release of official realms giving players an option to stay one expansion ahead or experience something new.

Unfortunately, i do not think 2 years is a good idea, as if we have nothing in place by the time official servers launch, you'll end up not even being able to finish our timeline. 

I think a compromise personally would be beneficial Ash. In my opinion, it would be best to extend the patches that produce major raid content - Bringing the timeline to 1.5 years or so. I just personally feel that 1 year is simply too fast, majority of population aren't even 60 yet or running raids.

Thanks for listening to the community.

6 minutes ago, DarknessCalls said:

I think a compromise personally would be beneficial Ash. In my opinion, it would be best to extend the patches that produce major raid content - Bringing the timeline to 1.5 years or so. I just personally feel that 1 year is simply too fast, majority of population aren't even 60 yet or running raids.

Thanks for listening to the community.

I like to compromise. I also take bribes in the form of beer. Thanks.

I'd personally like to see PvP System / Battlegrounds, but have everything AFTER THAT, so 1.6-1.12 be slow progression.

If it's all or nothing, i would take waiting for PvP for the sake of slow progression tho.

The only thing worth about experiancing TBC again for me would be with full AQ/Naxx gear, instead of levelgear.

Rushed Progression Vanilla is actually the one thing that DESTROYS the whole reason i would want progression into TBC for.

EDIT:  

Also, the most likely releasedate for "WoW Classic" is November 24th, 2019, to have it launch EXACTLY 15 years on the day after original Vanilla Release was for US servers.

Edited by Optilasgar