Sign in to follow this  
drecksbug

Lets Talk About 180g for Epic Mount!

59 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Booksie said:

They can get Epic mounts simply by voting at the other servers yet alone for gold. Some servers even offer free mounts, but they usually aren't Epic (usually) and Retail, mentioned yet again, also offers mounts to buy in their online shop, so Elysium isn't as easy as that in comparison to gaining Epic mounts.

I dont know what other servers even have to do with this early switch issue. So you are saying its still hard on Elysium to get the epic mount and i agree(and thats how it should be), but that still doesnt change that it was a lot cheaper for some players who knew about this early switch.

I'm not going to say any more other than this mount issue has been blown out of proportion deliberately, perhaps under orders to agitators or for other reasons known only to whom it may concern.

1 Thread with 2 pages is "blown out of proportion" for you? Some of you act like i am spamming the forums 24/7 even though i just made one thread which no one "agitated" me to do(and which the forums are for, or not!?), i just made it because its unfair. Im just a casual player like the majority of ppl on the server.

also, dont get me wrong, i love playing on this server so far and one bad decision is not going to drive me away, but i am still allowed to ask questions about changes i dont understand, arent i?

Edited by drecksbug
ok, now its 3 pages

I'm glad you made this thread. In spite of the troll defending the decision everyone I have spoken to in game that didn't benefit from this decision has adamantly opposed it. It's not only that they received an epic mount for little to no effort, but that it has single handily ruined leveling 50-60. Both factions have groups of 60 patrolling all the 50-60 zones with epic mounts. Literally every one of them has an epic mount. Prior to this patch I could at least mount up and run from these groups and there was a good chance they wouldn't pursue. Now it is virtually impossible to avoid being ganked, and because of that, virtually impossible to level with any sort of regularity.

1 hour ago, Poe said:

I'm glad you made this thread. In spite of the troll defending the decision everyone I have spoken to in game that didn't benefit from this decision has adamantly opposed it. It's not only that they received an epic mount for little to no effort, but that it has single handily ruined leveling 50-60. Both factions have groups of 60 patrolling all the 50-60 zones with epic mounts. Literally every one of them has an epic mount. Prior to this patch I could at least mount up and run from these groups and there was a good chance they wouldn't pursue. Now it is virtually impossible to avoid being ganked, and because of that, virtually impossible to level with any sort of regularity.

This is mostly what I stopped playing here.

World PvP is fine and I knew there would be a huge increase with the newest patch, but this epic mount "oversight" really sucks, I was level 56 when this all went down, was confused as to why suddenly everyone had a 100% mount chasing me down, then learned very quickly why. Even if I someday hit level 60, I would have to grind to 1000g, unlike everyone else. Just too discouraging to keep playing here as a result. I'm sure all the level 60s love it though.

6 hours ago, Jupes85 said:

I don't think it's been blown out of proportion at all. In fact, I'm really surprised that this thread is only 2 page long, with most of it being the same people replying. Virtually no one uses these forums, and most players casually leveling probably don't even know that this change hit in 1.4 instead of later on, so they're completely in the dark. I'm certain that if more players knew that a percentage of the playerbase saved 800g on their mount, there would be an outrage, but most don't even know. They will hit level 60, and farm their 1k gold, never knowing that some of their brethren only paid a fraction for their mount. 

I've talked as the title of the thread requested and given my two cents worth, I'm not bothered about cheap Epic mounts but each to their own. I'm enjoying Nighthaven and that's all I care about personally. Others I know in-game aren't bothered either. I'll check back on this thread later on to see what's mentioned but this will be my last post in it. Back to Nighthaven with me.

Edited by Booksie

12 hours ago, Booksie said:

I've talked as the title of the thread requested and given my two cents worth, I'm not bothered about cheap Epic mounts but each to their own.

i'll correct that sentence for you.

"Ive talked as the title of the thread requested and given my two cents worth, I'm not bothered about a small % of players getting cheap Epic mounts, but each to their own."

xp for quests get changed to be more blizzlike, warlocks running around with bought epic mounts. so blizzlike!

guess its save to say the devs dont give a shit. New player? F*ck you!

Very irresponsible act on Elysium's behalf.

Utterly stupid to let everyone have their epic mount for 180g...

I bought mine for 900 and now idiots with 180g chase me with same speed mounts.