Greltheruk

Please address GM power abuse with faction favortism. w/screens.

TLDR:

GM "TheFlame" openly admitted (with screens) to teleporting me next to a lv60 human warrior, the warrior was able to ream me a new one after he had rezzed. I killed this warrior only once, and not multiple times which is looked down upon. after being teleported I was killed multiple times. Please refer to screens . I am level 50 warlock and the warrior was of the name "You" with what looked like half T1, lionheart helm and Quel'serar.

The Story with full information

There are not many places that one can effectivey PVP as a warlock with a high ratio killing rate to death of about 10:1 . I found one in the blasted lands and took full advantage of using pillars to block LOS and things like that. The most intense PVP is waged using LOS mechanics and is part of the game.

a Unsuspecting lv60 human warrior runs by me. I am specialized full destruction and have over 340 spellpower at lv50 at the cost of having a crap HP pool. Ex a good soulfire critical of mine will do over 3k damage and has a 3second chance to stun ( Not stroking my ego here, but giving background as to how I could take a lv60 warrior with BIS in seconds.)

I have succubus on invisibility, and begin with her using seduction, the warrior "You" doesn't resist. I follow up with curse of the elements to reduce his resistances because of his higher level. I then follow up with casting soulfire, as soulfire is heading towards him, I cast immolate ( while he is under seduction), soulfire hits and crits aswell as then stuns him for 3 seconds with the talent pyroclasm.  I then cast conflagurate followed up with a searing pain twice. He dies. (Not my fault he can't PVP)

Naturally, I'm thinking Wow, I got lucky nothing was resisted and I felt pretty awesome for taking down this warrior. he then moves away and stands idle, I figure he was probably salty as hell for dying to a lv50 warlock of all things given his BIS raid gear. Only after everything that happened do I assume now that he wrote a ticket which will reveal the abuse "TheFlame" performs as a GM.

After my win, I'm keeping a close eye on "You" the warrior full well knowing that i need to stay out of his charge distance and avoid hamstring at all costs. I SUDDENLY FIND MYSELF TELEPORTED NEXT TO THE WARRIOR. It took me a few seconds to realize what the hell was going on, and I knew I had to run like a little bitch because this guy would wreck me. Naturally and as expected, he kills me. Then he sticks around to kill me again. Then I begin to write a ticket myself thinking "He must be using third party tools to move me.

As I submit the ticket, I'm teleported to where I was orginally and then GM "TheFlame" begins talking to me admitting he was the one that moved me. Please refer to screenshots. He acts like a dick, doesnt apologize, and says he will revive me, but does not.

So there you have it folks; as per my observation the GM "TheFlame" does play favorites and affect PVP situations.

I would like the blatantly obvious corruption to be addressed. Thank you

Please refer to screenshots

2i6ytj6.jpg

e6zo7q.jpg

flllz9.jpg

35b6onp.jpg

vhcb2w.jpg

30trpua.jpg

1 hour ago, adaperry said:

Is this the same GM that gave a TCG only loot to player Aleria?

That one Alliance player on a TCG turtle mount right?

Hi there. Thanks for the post - I'll look into this tonight and get back to you ASAP on my findings.

Also - Adaperry - I have no idea what you're talking about. Only 2 GMs on staff are able to restore loot, and thats myself and my Assistant Lead, Trommel. If you'd like to give me some information as to what you're talking about, I can look into it for you.

Rain

2 hours ago, adaperry said:

Is this the same GM that gave a TCG only loot to player Aleria?

We gave that turtle mount to players who reached level 60 first on each class. It is not given away just for no reason.

Alright so, I've spoken with TheFlame, as well as checked our logs to verify TheFlame's story and yours.

This scenario started when a player reported you for safespotting, which is against our ToU. Our process in determining safespotting is to find out if the player is able to get to that point through normal jumping/movement. TheFlame chose to move you off of the building in order to determine whether or not you were indeed in a place you shouldn't have been.

TheFlame didn't intentionally move you next to the warrior, but moved you off of the building. We have many ways we can interact with the world and players to determine if someone is breaking the Terms of Use, and I have given TheFlame my feedback on the situation.

I find it silly that your "go to" is that there is some form of favoritism happening, and that automatically the GM is purposefully affecting PVP. That's not what's happened here.

For future reference, our ToU states:

c ). Safespotting

Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing), or engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic.

Technically speaking if you're jumping from a mountain and using a parachute to obtain an advantageous position in order to PVP, that is safespotting.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them. If anything happens again in the future and you'd like it to be looked into, I'm always on Discord.

Rain

So it is my understanding, based on what you are telling me that Slowfall, parachute cloak, and Olaf's shield abilities are unintended for use to escape enemies and avoid danger? One is target-able at the location in question and it requires movement to avoid LOS. I'm not trying to sound defiant. I am asking for clarity because I am having difficulty grasping. Thanks

2 hours ago, Rain said:

For future reference, our ToU states:
c ). Safespotting

Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing), or engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic.

Technically speaking if you're jumping from a mountain and using a parachute to obtain an advantageous position in order to PVP, that is safespotting.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them. If anything happens again in the future and you'd like it to be looked into, I'm always on Discord.

Rain

Just for clarity, I want to make sure that I know what is considered a normal jumping mechanic compared to what is safespotting. Not knowing the exact location, but if it's a jump or even using an item or spell like slowfall or Olaf's shield, I don't see how that would be considered safe-spotting. Seeing as the safe-spot rule is 2 different parts I want to separate it into two different occurrences..

Part 1 - This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing)

If I was to jump off something that is easily climbable, onto another spot, without using wall climbing, is that not a basic jump? Or do all paths have to reach you easily? As lets say we're standing in a tower, I can't jump up there with a basic jump, but it's the same principle. I need to get up there to get to them. Same thing with jumping off another ledge.

Part 2 - engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic

Would this include standing in spots where guards don't aggro you, as there are a few common places where warlocks stand and throw all their dots on you and are never attacked by guards. Though they are not in any sort of jumping place. But if you retaliate to them at all, you're the one attacked. A very common place is the back right of the inn in Winterspring. Under the exact wording, they are avoiding line of sight by being 1) indoors, and 2) no guards inside. I remember having a warlock sitting on top of the bank in Booty Bay for a few hours, throwing DoTs on any horde within range. Guards would not attack and it was impossible to get to the Flight Master. If anyone attacked him - the guards killed them instead. It's just like being at Gadgetzan, with the exception being that there's no clear path to get to the top of the bank, compared to being just outside the town. After checking, I see that there is now a Bruiser that patrols the top of the bank. But before - that clashes against the first part of the rule as its not even a jump to get there, but it is against the second rule - but its just like the flight point in gadgetzan as you could stand far enough away and never have anything attack because you out range it.

I do understand that using glitches like wall jumping, to get to a place that is otherwise impossible to get to, but to jump from a place that doesn't require anything special other than just jumping there should be considered safespotting. As then, if you're standing on top of a ravine, any player below you is unable to reach you.

I have a case to add to this thread. before the honor patch was introduced i was lvling my rogue in arathi highlands. i am at Northfold manor where there is pvp going on.  allies ganking hordes and vice versa, i team up with another player where we kill the allies and  zone-controlish the area. there is a warrior, that me and my comrade kill about 4 times. i notice the last time this warrior stands still when killed. me and my comrade is about to move away when we are contacted by Theflame.

we are being given a warning. apparently you are not allowed to kill the same person over and over. i started argueing, and was told that things are done a bit differently on private servers and that gms handle it differently.

Theflame also said he had been observing the area for a while

we did not know this warrior. we did what everyone has been doing on masse since honour came in to play. i find it very curious to have the same officer in question, in a case with an ally warrior, as this case.

17 hours ago, Greltheruk said:

So it is my understanding, based on what you are telling me that Slowfall, parachute cloak, and Olaf's shield abilities are unintended for use to escape enemies and avoid danger? One is target-able at the location in question and it requires movement to avoid LOS. I'm not trying to sound defiant. I am asking for clarity because I am having difficulty grasping. Thanks

I never said that in any way. Using it to position yourself in a way that cant be achieved through normal jumping in order to PVP in outposts/cities is safespotting.

17 hours ago, TheAvonix said:

Part 1 - This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing)

If I was to jump off something that is easily climbable, onto another spot, without using wall climbing, is that not a basic jump? Or do all paths have to reach you easily? As lets say we're standing in a tower, I can't jump up there with a basic jump, but it's the same principle. I need to get up there to get to them. Same thing with jumping off another ledge.

It needs to be a fair position for both parties. Sitting in a spot where the person you're attacking cant get to you through normal jumping/movement is considered safe spotting. You're creating a "safe spot" where you cant be harmed in pvp.

Part 2 - engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic

Cities should be a place where PVP is possible, but extremely difficult due to the guards. That is the intention of cities. If there are spots in cities where people are standing with the intention to PVP, and keep out of los/pathing/game mechanics of guards, then yes - its safespotting.

11 hours ago, Liimose said:

I have a case to add to this thread. before the honor patch was introduced i was lvling my rogue in arathi highlands. i am at Northfold manor where there is pvp going on.  allies ganking hordes and vice versa, i team up with another player where we kill the allies and  zone-controlish the area. there is a warrior, that me and my comrade kill about 4 times. i notice the last time this warrior stands still when killed. me and my comrade is about to move away when we are contacted by Theflame.

we are being given a warning. apparently you are not allowed to kill the same person over and over. i started argueing, and was told that things are done a bit differently on private servers and that gms handle it differently.

Theflame also said he had been observing the area for a while

we did not know this warrior. we did what everyone has been doing on masse since honour came in to play. i find it very curious to have the same officer in question, in a case with an ally warrior, as this case.

Excessive corpse camping can be actionable by a GM. We had it in our ToU up until 2 weeks ago - however its been removed since. TheFlame didn't do anything wrong in this scenario. TheFlame is one of our most active GMs, so it's not surprising that they are involved in both of these circumstances.

2 hours ago, Rain said:

I never said that in any way. Using it to position yourself in a way that cant be achieved through normal jumping in order to PVP in outposts/cities is safespotting.

In my quest to understand, and to make sure I avoid engaging in what has been defined as safespotting. Using any item use or item augment to modify speed above 100% to increase jumping distance or using abilities to decrease falling speed to get to certain areas that are advantageous are illegal?

so for example, Using goblin rocket boots to increase speed and then jump to an advantageous platform, which is not normally achievable by a normal unmodified 100% speed jump would fall into this category of safespotting? Then would that same method of using a mount to get to a platform due to increased speed also be considered advantageous as it wasnt achieved through a normal jump?

An additional real game example would be when casters who stand on top of the main tent in Kargath (badlands) ,which is not achievable by normal jump and able to avoid los guards, are engaging in safespotting. Which is reportable?

I feel like as soon as one question is answered. it leads to more. Looking for the continued clarity, thanks

Edited by Greltheruk

Just now, Greltheruk said:

In my quest to understand, and to make sure I avoid engaging in what has been defined as safespotting. Using any item use or item augment to modify speed above 100% to increase jumping distance or using abilities to decrease falling speed to get to certain areas that are advantageous are illegal?

so for example, Using goblin rocket boots to increase speed and then jump to an advantageous platform, which is not normally achievable by a normal unmodified 100% speed jump would fall into this category of safespotting? Then would that same method of using a mount to get to a platform due to increased speed also be considered advantageous as it wasnt achieved through a normal jump?

an additional real life game example would be when casters who stand on top of the main tent in Kargath (badlands) which is not achievable by normal jump, able to avoid los guards, are engaging in safespotting. Which is reportable?

I feel like as soon as one question is answered. it leads to more. Looking for the continued clarity, thanks

Right! GOING there is not against the ToU. Using those items to move around the map is not against the ToU. But using those items to get you to a spot where you then engage in PVP and use that position to not be harmed, is considered safespotting.

I don't know where exactly anymore, but i read that some "staff members", or whatever you call it, have their own characters on the server. Is that true? and if so, why? Seems highly unprofessional to me. Even if they never abuse their power, still weird.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:20 PM, drecksbug said:

I don't know where exactly anymore, but i read that some "staff members", or whatever you call it, have their own characters on the server. Is that true? and if so, why? Seems highly unprofessional to me. Even if they never abuse their power, still weird.

Yes, some staff do play. I regularly get waved at before being killed. It's a slow grind to 60 when you're busy doing other server activities.

I'm not sure what you mean by "highly unprofessional" since we're all unpaid amateurs here. Staff are drawn from the player base. Would you expect they delete their toon because they start helping the server? If someone appears to be using their position for personal advantage they're asked to leave the team.

6 hours ago, Fulzamoth said:

Yes, some staff do play. I regularly get waved at before being killed. It's a slow grind to 60 when you're busy doing other server activities.

I'm not sure what you mean by "highly unprofessional" since we're all unpaid amateurs here. Staff are drawn from the player base. Would you expect they delete their toon because they start helping the server? If someone appears to be using their position for personal advantage they're asked to leave the team.

Do the GMs really have any advantages while playing? I doubt you're able to add items and even then it's shown in logs. Maybe teleporting yourself back and forth but even that would show up. I'm mainly asking so I know what to look out for.

18 hours ago, Blindguard said:

Do the GMs really have any advantages while playing? I doubt you're able to add items and even then it's shown in logs. Maybe teleporting yourself back and forth but even that would show up. I'm mainly asking so I know what to look out for.

Staff do not play on accounts and characters with any extra privileges at all.