WobLight

[Desktop Application] GitAddonsManager

Hello everyone,

this is the first alpha release of my GitAddonsManager.

GitAddonsManager is a desktop application which allows to download and update addons from git repositories.

It will only manage addons containing a git repository. If you never used a git client to clone your addons, none will be detected. Only addons hosted in git repositories like Gitlab/Github can be managed through this application.

WARNING: this application is in alpha testing, I advise to backup your addons folder and to read very carefully file deletion confirmation dialogs.

Download (Windows)

Download (Linux) (dependancies: libgit2, Qt5)

GitLab

https://discord.gg/YZQcPMQ

git hosted addons

Current Features:

• Download addons from git repositories;
  • Automatic addon folder renaming;
  • Automatic unpacking of addons in 1st level subdirectories;
  • Automatic check for updates on application's start;
  • Addons update;
  • Addons removal.

g7wvu0txuc511.png

Edited by WobLight

Updated with styles! Now you can choose a style in the Options tab. If you have an issue with a style please provide a screenshot.

Looks really nice, the only issue would be that all the color selections are too bright, maybe add a few darker ones.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, Mr_Rosh said:

Looks really nice, the only issue would be that all the color selections are too bright, maybe add a few darker ones. 

Those colors are defined in their styles guidelines and are guaranteed to play well with their style and themes. Might not look like it but adding more colors would require quite some work. I may go back at it in the future, but at the moment I'm focusing on other features.

There was an error in the previous build, checking for updates wasn't working. Please download the fixed version from links in the post.

+1 for this one! A while back i gave official GitHub updater a try, but it messed up naming more often that not and end result was a lot of manuel renaming to get addons recognized and working again after every single automatic update.

This fixes all that. Big Thanks!