Sign in to follow this  
Oz1956

Forced PvP

As much as I really enjoy playing Vanilla WoW,, I must admit that this is not the Vanilla that I remember, because at no time, in the Original Vamilla was I forced to play PvP. I don't like PvP, nor do I care anything about being a low level player being ganked by a level 40 or higher. We should have the option, as it was in the Original game to turn off PvP , if we wish not to participate.  Controlling the way people have to play the game this way, makes you no better than Blizzard. I would make donations to this project, but since I don't support this type of forced play style, I think I'll just hold on to my money. Free Will, ppl.

What you are describing is a PVE server. We do not offer this server type. We did in the past, but the user numbers on the server were so low the server was unplayable. You could never find groups so you basically just leveled by yourself with little to no options at max level for end game content.

Well, believe it or not, some of us enjoy playing solo. But that doesn't matter now, because I'm through. Can't level with the high level players run through and constantly killing you. Money is hard enuogh to make on here w/o having to constantly spend it on repair. This is not fun. Deleting my account. I will wait for Blizzards Classic WoW. I don't mind paying for something I enjoy playing. Goodbye. Good luck. It was fun for a while.

Sorry you feel that way, but a couple of things I will address quickly;

Higher levels do not damage your armor if you die to a gank. You only lose durability for a death to the environment or NPC's.

It costs money to run servers. Thousands of dollars in fact. We can't just put a server online with no user base.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do in the future.

FYI: I am not asking for you to open a PvE server, but in the past , when you were making the decision to close and merge servers, you should have left the PvE up and then gave ppl the choice to flag themselves for PvP through as option on their portrait  Blizzard did that, so I know it's possible. As for now, that should still be an option. As for your other point, it's still aggravating to have these high level players, which I'm sure are probably between the age of 9 -11, running around killing ppl.  They don't have the balls to attack players of their own level. Hopefully, when school is back in session, I will give the game one more try. But as it stands, it's a LOSER to me.

В 30.12.2018 в 03:15, Oz1956 сказал:

I am not asking for you to open a PvE server, but in the past , when you were making the decision to close and merge servers, you should have left the PvE up

As Zancon already said, running a server cost money and such low playerbase means not enough money to pay for PVE ghosttown. Yes, there are NO free servers, someone need to pay for them. And I hope you dont believe in "running a private server as a hobby". Try some singleplayer games if you want to play solo. 

В 30.12.2018 в 03:15, Oz1956 сказал:

which I'm sure are probably between the age of 9 -11, running around killing ppl.

Nope. At least not all of them.

Bump
This needs to be addressed! Voting will not suffice cause many players enjoy pvp. Tokens all the way!

It's been addressed many times. We emulate as close as we can to Blizzard's original game. We understand not everyone enjoys PVP but at the same time there isn't enough intrest to have a PVE server. We also will not have coins or commands to enable or disable PVP - we will not create different rule sets within the same server. The experience is the same for everyone, and will remain that way.