Zancon

Important! TBC Release Announcement, timeline inside!

TBC_Launch.png

Greetings Travelers! We are pleased to announce our timeline for the release of TBC!

Here is our timeline:
August 8th - Realms go down to merge databases.
August 9th - Elysium TBC realm is offically launched.
August 11th - Dark portal is enabled and characters gain expereince past level 60. 

Be on the lookout for demon invasions happening on our vanilla realms as we approach launch date!

There have been some questions about XP tokens we want to discuss:

- Players will not be able to recieve tokens on TBC characters for a bit of time while the levelling contest is running. This will be enabled likely 4 weeks after launch.
- Players who are copied with an XP token already existing will be fully functional in TBC. However, they will not work past level 60.
- XP token durations will remain the same as they were at the time they were copied.

Stay tuned for more updates! As always the most up to date information is available on our discord, link in my signature below!

I hope the vanilla servers can retain a crowd of players. If not maybe a vanilla server merge..? I so desperately want at least one vanilla server at Elysium to have a reasonable amount of players to stay operational post-Classic and post-TBC launch. I will be playing Elysium TBC but will also be sticking to vanilla on whatever survives Classic here at Elysium and the presumed exodus of players to TBC from Nighthaven / Nethergarde. I won't be playing Classic for private reasons so it will be nice to have an Elysium vanilla and TBC home to come to. Hopefully there will be quite a few other private server players doing the same in a Classic-less, no changes, no layering, blood and combat animation FX vanilla and TBC experience here.

Good luck with your TBC launch, Elysium.

Edited by Booksie

Any 2.4.3 TBC client will work. Some links on dkpminus or your favorite torrent site.

1. Will we need to manually copy our characters over to the new TBC Realm or will that be done automatically? (suspect the latter, because of that "All your characters will be available" but I just want to be sure!)

2. Once TBC launches, and we find & install a 2.4.3 client, should we set the realmlist.wtf to read "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org" or some other address?

3. Do we use our existing account credentials when logging in, or do we need to make a separate, new account somewhere?

Thanks!

Edited by Kehar
forgot closing parenthesis

It's a full copy if your account, you will not have to do anything. 

I would install the 2.4.3 client now. You can log into the beta server and setup your UI and such. The realmlist.wtf you have is correct and is also the current realmlist. 

Your existing account credentials. 

Is there a particular reason the Dark Portal is slated to open Sunday evening instead of Saturday evening?  Would love to get a full day of Outlands play in before the work week starts back up...not my call obviously, just curious. 

Staff availability drove the release date. It's just what it had to be.

7 minutes ago, Zancon said:

Staff availability drove the release date. It's just what it had to be.

Well we are all deeply indebted to you for this tremendous effort - thanks for clarifying. 

It may be, unfortunately, some time before I can figure out how to get a Mac client for the game to work. I have the original game CDs, but my computer (a 2009 iMac running El Capitan) no longer recognizes the app. I downloaded the 8.3Gb Windows client package from Atlantis in EU, which surprisingly had NO game app in it, as well as a supposed Mac version of the game from Google Drive linked from the DKPminus site you suggested, dragged it into the folder with the other TBC 2.4.3 files, but it throws a Bad Kernel exception every time. I guess I'm stuck with Vanilla, for the time being. At least that client is easy to find and works. But I was looking forward to playing TBC again, so I'm bummed.

Check out youtube videos for setting up wine and running the PC version with that. 

1 minute ago, Kehar said:

It may be, unfortunately, some time before I can figure out how to get a Mac client for the game to work. I have the original game CDs, but my computer (a 2009 iMac running El Capitan) no longer recognizes the app. I downloaded the 8.3Gb Windows client package from Atlantis in EU, which surprisingly had NO game app in it, as well as a supposed Mac version of the game from Google Drive linked from the DKPminus site you suggested, dragged it into the folder with the other TBC 2.4.3 files, but it throws a Bad Kernel exception every time. I guess I'm stuck with Vanilla, for the time being. At least that client is easy to find and works. But I was looking forward to playing TBC again, so I'm bummed.

Ah yes, I came across Wine...whew...the problem might be that the original client packet I downloaded direct from Atlantis Netherwing might have been corrupted--it did not even have a World of Warcraft.app in it at all! So I am now trying to download from a different link on that dkpminus site--something about hellfire. none of the torrents worked, so I'm doing yet another direct. I should know by morning if it was successful at downloading or not. I could also boot up my old 2001 iMac and see which version of the game I was playing on it. Though it might be Vanilla, actually, as I got a laptop (now dead) in 2006 on which I continued play.

Mac supported ended at TBC for PPC processors and from then on all versions are X86, so you need a Mac that sill has a PPC processor any G4 will do or and early G5.

The servers are down for TBC launch preparation as outlined in the original post.

6 minutes ago, Shadetail said:

I cant login to the beta at all, is it shut down at the moment?

Would it be possible to enable the purchase of XP tokens earlier than 4 weeks in?
I agree they should have no effect above level 60 at first, but I would like to be able to buy them for my toons below 60.

Edited by Ruukio

It has to be some kind of a delay because of all the new alliance shaman and horde paladins - we want to preserve the race to 70 as many people care about it and will be trying to see where they stack up for speed leveling.

will all server like Nighthaven change to TBC now ?

that would be bad for me, i want to play only classic.

Nighthaven will still be up, we will have both Nighthaven and Stormrage.

Hi. I had the following questions about the migration to TBC.
- The characters migrate with the level they had on 2019-08-08, no ?.
- Is the progress made on the PTR # 1 server also migrated?
- In my case, I started recently on this server with what my doubt is if today I upload 2 levels to my character on the PTR server if my character migrated to the expansion will be affected.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Zancon said:

Nighthaven will still be up, we will have both Nighthaven and Stormrage.

So what is happening to Nethergarde then?

Is it not coming back? Merged with Nighthaven?

2 minutes ago, Zancon said:

Merged with Nighthaven is correct. 

Well that sucks

Nethergarde was dipping below 1000 active users at peak and sometimes dipped dangerously low at off peak times. With our release of TBC taking players away and the impending launch of classic we had to act and be proactive to keep numbers playable.