Loadsamonie

What classes/roles are in demand Horde side?

I'm not used to tanking with anything other than a Paladin, which was my main during WotLK. I'd be game to give Pally tanking a try if it's even somewhat viable on Vanilla, or Ret DPS perhaps, but I have no interest whatsoever in playing Holy spec. If not, then I'd probably go Warrior Tank. 

I also plan to make a healer, either Resto Druid or Resto Shaman, not sure which one yet (probably whichever doesn't have to use Cloth for BiS and can go full leather or full mail). Alternatively, I could go Alliance for a change with a Female Human Prot Warrior, Female Night Elf Resto Druid, and maybe a Gnome Affliction Warlock to round out the trinity.

What exactly is needed right now on both sides?

Edited by Loadsamonie

1 hour ago, Loadsamonie said:

I'm not used to tanking with anything other than a Paladin, which was my main during WotLK. I'd be game to give Pally tanking a try if it's even somewhat viable on Vanilla, or Ret DPS perhaps, but I have no interest whatsoever in playing Holy spec. If not, then I'd probably go Warrior Tank. 

I also plan to make a healer, either Resto Druid or Resto Shaman, not sure which one yet (probably whichever doesn't have to use Cloth for BiS and can go full leather or full mail). Alternatively, I could go Alliance for a change with a Female Human Prot Warrior, Female Night Elf Resto Druid, and maybe a Gnome Affliction Warlock to round out the trinity. What exactly is needed right now on both sides?

And what professions are ideal as well? Was thinking Mining/Engineering for Prot Warrior for grenades to help with AoE threat, and Herbalism/Alchemy for my healer to make potions for all my classes (especially Rage potions for my Warrior).

Currently both sides need fools unaware newcomers to join lysium for the purpose of being successfully lysiumed some time later after investing attention.

As for profession, i'd suggest becoming a lawyer for prot and foraging slavery for the rest. Be brave and do what's right - become a slave for your main tonight!

3 hours ago, #Bovine1801 said:

Currently both sides need fools unaware newcomers to join lysium for the purpose of being successfully lysiumed some time later after investing attention.

As for profession, i'd suggest becoming a lawyer for prot and foraging slavery for the rest. Be brave and do what's right - become a slave for your main tonight!

Well, at least the community has a sense of humor. 

Was thinking of making four classes Alliance side, one for each race:

Tauren Prot Warrior: Mining/Engineering, First Aid

Tauren Resto Druid: Herbalism/Alchemy, Fishing and Cooking, First Aid

Undead Rogue: Skinning/Leatherworking, First Aid, Lockpicking

The fourth I don't know yet, maybe an Orc Hunter. I may do a Tauren Resto Shaman instead too, depends on what options, if any, Shaman has for HoT like Druids Rejuvenate.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Shaman actually has a HoT, which is Healing Stream Totem.

The setup you're planning will lead to at least 2 character's being shunned, lonely and abused, with the latter count raising to 4 once it comes your turn to get lysiumed up; can't judge you, maybe this is what you came for. Otherwise, if you really want to play WoW (instead of Cruel Intentions) investigate the scene for better playgrounds.

If you'd have trouble creating Taurahe, Forsaken and Orcs in Alliance, try opposite faction, tis may work. :)

Edited by #Bovine1801

56 minutes ago, #Bovine1801 said:

The setup you're planning will lead to at least 2 character's being shunned, lonely and abused, with the latter count raising to 4 once it comes your turn to get lysiumed up; can't judge you, maybe this is what you came for. Otherwise, if you really want to play WoW (instead of Cruel Intentions) investigate the scene for better playgrounds.

I don't even know what this means. Are you trying to say Elysium isn't a good server to play on?

Well anyway, the patch fixed the XP event so I can go back to x1, so I'm starting my Shaman now, Loadsaheals. Going to level it as a 1h/shield Enhancement/Resto Hybrid so I can both heal and DPS in dungeons, will build healing gear when I eventually hit 60. 

Honestly, I might build a gear set for everything: Resto Healing, Elemental DPS, Enhancement DPS and Enhancement Tanking.