Sign in to follow this  
holliehewitt

Tips for taking essay tests

Many of us dread writing essays. As with any kind of literature, if your writing is flawless and your thoughts are consistent, you can write an interesting essay, even if your topic is about how dairy cows graze.

If you have four or five essays to write on the exam, it's best to finish the questions with short, one-word answers first. That way you'll have enough time to tackle all the essays.

Unlike a regular assignment, on the essay exam you will not have the opportunity to ponder, edit endlessly, or complete your thoughts. You will have to write the introduction, main body, and conclusion in the allotted time. Your scores will depend on the language you use, the arguments you make, and finally, how you structure your essay. I work for a writing company and my specifics are custom essay writing on https://writemypapers4me.net/custom-writing-service/ so believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

Writing a brief outline will help you make all the points you want to make. Pay special attention to the essay's introduction and conclusion, as this will make the examiner read the essay carefully. A weak introduction will make the essay boring, so the examiner may not bother to read it carefully, even if you have written the main part of the essay well enough. Adding subheadings gives the essay a nice touch, and also makes it easier for the examiner to read the entire essay.

Always take the time to reread what you have written. This statement is often repeated by almost everyone, but the funny thing is that it is still relevant. Whether we're typing on a computer or writing in glory, we mispronounce words, omit words, and sometimes even sentences. You won't have time to edit thoroughly, but you can quickly review the essay before moving on to the next question.

Most of us have a terrible memory for dates, names, and places, especially when writing history essays. Writing the wrong date is worse than not writing it at all. So here's a little advice on how to avoid this pitfall. For example, you might write, "By the end of the 19th century," instead of mentioning 1897 or 1898! This will sound a little vague, but it's better to be vague than very wrong!

Some people write in confusing sentences, repeating the same point in a twisted manner. Don't burden your essay with unnecessary polydots, elaborate. Instead, just write the points you know and make them interesting with a good introduction and conclusion.

Another thing to avoid is the "kitchen sink" approach. We throw almost everything in our kitchen into the sink for washing: pots, pans, spoons, glasses, plates, etc. And the maid has to deal with each cutlery item, wash it and put it back in its place. It's a strange comparison, you might think, considering also that I'm a the video game critic, but it captures the way you should approach writing such papers and some people do exactly that with essay writing. Don't spout off everything you know about the subject in the essay. Pause and check to see if what you are writing is relevant to the question or not. Your examiner will not highlight the relevant parts of your essay and give you a grade. He might just give you a zero. So beware.