Sign in to follow this  
seeth07

Achievement System

Let me first start by saying that I'm all for not changing anything in the game from what is the original vanilla wow experience.  Any change that would result in a different game play, make life "easier" or otherwise is certainly not something that I would be in favor of.

That said, how do people feel about adding the achievement system that came into the game just before the release of Wrath of the Lich King.  This crossed my mind because like many of you, I am excited for the launch of The Burning Crusade realm here at Elysium and this feature technically was launched at the end of it.  

I personally would love to see this feature added right away to the game (actually I'm even all for it as a part of vanilla right now).  The reason why I'm all for this is because other than the title rewards it might give to a player, it has zero impact on how the game plays (I believe there were some mount rewards too at the start?).  When it was originally released by blizzard, I was super excited and then obsessed with completing achievements and it actually became a huge part of my playing time.  If it was implemented, i would for sure enjoy the game more as I track my game progress.

What do you guys think?  I haven't seen any comments or requests about this.

@seeth07 The true gamers will give you a flat out no. While I did enjoy the achievement system there is no way to properly implement it on a vanilla wow server. The launchers are completely different and so is the information gone into every launcher/expac. They would have to attempt to rewrite information and all of that is an unnecessary waste of time. Its better for them to fix, improve, and have functioning vanilla features than break the game trying to add one that came in later expac's.

I wasn't necessarily asking about it for vanilla (although I did state that I would be for it).  It was just curious if on the TBC realm it would exist.  The client that the TBC realm should be running on is going to be just like in vanilla and at the end of TBC correct?  Therefore, the achievement system I'm going to imagine will be in the TBC client already that is being worked on.  So the question is just then, does Elysium make the achievement system usable at the launch or at the last patch in the server progression?

Hmm that is an interesting point you make. I would think that the achievement system would be treated as if its skills and talents being available right when the server starts. But then again, it would be up to the dev team to implement it early since it is indeed introduced later in the expac. Have you opened this topic on the TBC subforum? I would be interested in an official response.