sneakynick

Bonus Profession Gain Rate

Hi there,

Is there a way to disable the 3x rate on professions? It seems silly to me to have a server enforced Hardcore mode but then you get profession skill points at 3x the normal rate. Kind of makes me feel like I'm cheating and the server is forcing me to.

Thanks,

Hey there @sneakynick The server doesn't actually enforce Hardcore mode, you likley picked up the quest from the "Immortal Preacher" In the starting zone, I can removed that if you wish. But you'd need to get into contact with me with in DMs on the forums, or at my Discord tag Exxia#5442. So you can provide me with character name or account name so I'm able to assist in the removal of your Hardcore mode if that's something you want. Also during our x3 events, you're able to turn off the xp gain at will by doing .xp off and alternatively .xp on if you want to turn it back on, I think you'd have to make a macro though if you want to keep it disabled as I believe it reenables on every log-on. Doesn't help with turning off the x3 profession skills though at the moment. Though the event is over now and there won't be another for awhile, Regardless of that. If you still require my assistance please contact me on Discord or DMs on here 😄

- Exxia.

I'm intending to do the hardcore challenge. The whole point of it is to handicap yourself in order to experience the game in a totally different way, and to know that anyone else who completes it had to go through the same ordeal. Someone being able to benefit from a 3x experience event or something like that undermines the whole point of the hardcore mode because it would be drastically easier to level during an event like that. The profession rate doesn't matter quite as much but still makes me feel like I'm cheating a bit. I would think that HC characters would be exempt from participating in the 3x events. 

I also noticed that despite having '.xp off' and my experience rate at 1x I'm almost certain my pet was gaining triple exp.

Hmm, I'll ask Rain about this. I'm not 100% sure if HC chars are exempt from all benefits of an XP event. I'll have to check this.

- Exxia.