Undertanker

Tank Points - By Undertanker

No the formula in the code is correct, your table isn't showing the correct values.  Double check your math.

Yay, checked and kek'd, the -= performs the whole calculation on the right-hand side before subtracting, my bad -> all good 8)

The C

Keep in mind, when I said that some yellows are not affected by weapon skill, i've only experienced this with execute. Sunder required a weapon, so it may very well be affected by weapon skill, I just haven't taken the time to test it. What I do know is that currently, until the next dev build is pushed to live, sunder doesnt trigger main hand weapons, but that is likely due to the fact it doesnt deal damage rather than anything with weapons.

When the T2 says +9.8 for 5/8 and +4.1 for 8/8, does that mean per item? So that 5/8 T2 bonus is worth a whopping 78.4 tank points and 8/8 is worth 32.8? I believe those numbers, since both bonuses are insane, just wanted to check.

Also, where would you rate Ironfoe and Anubisath Warhammer on the tank weapon list? 

Thanks for all the great work!

The T2 set bonus, T1 set bonus, ZG Plate set bonus, and others are what you get per item.

Helm of Wrath

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=16963

696 AC + 40 Stam + 17 Str + 11 Def = 121.745 TP

3/8 Set + 1 TP = 122.745 TP
5/8 Set + 9.8TP = 132.545 TP
8/8 Set + 4.1 TP = 136.645 TP

The set gives you 30 AP which I value at 3 TP.    So if it takes 3 pieces to get the bonus, each piece gains 1 TP in value since you have to split the gains between 3 items.

Yes the 5/8 set gets A LOT of value, as well as the 5/5 Set "if target is not affected by Thunderfury debuff".     The 5/8 set has high value taking averages of how much damage it takes for you to deal to obtain the additional amount of rage points you are saving + the extra threat possible with said proc.

On 7/20/2017 at 5:55 PM, Farod said:

So that 5/8 T2 bonus is worth a whopping 78.4 tank points

9.8 * 5 = 49 TP total for that set bonus.

On 7/20/2017 at 5:55 PM, Farod said:

Also, where would you rate Ironfoe and Anubisath Warhammer on the tank weapon list? 

As stated in the OP pure TPS items (proc items that do not also contain mitigation/avoidance/EHP would be left off the list as the list is to provide gear that accommodates for an overall balance.   Feel free to check out some of the many Ironfoe threads for use of that item.

I will be glad to add the Anubisath Warhammer to the list as it does have stam contributing to EHP.

I will also be updating the +Skill value to 12.24 TP for the first 5 skill points each, (3 hit -0.2 dodge, -.0.2 parry) 3.4 * 18 (value of hit) and the first 5 skill seems to give a tank an average rage gain from white hits around 8% more rage.  So I'll give skill 12.24 + (Weapon DPS * 0.016)  *3.5 dps-TP per point.

For skill of 6-10 will give a value of 3.24 TP + (Weapon DPS * 0.008)*3.5 DPS-TP per point.

I am updating weapon skill as I write this.

Weapon Skill Value Logic updated for values 1-5 and 6-10.

Added Anubisath Warhammer and Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight.

Though you are using Alcor's as a TPS weapon, due to it's extremely fast speed of 1.3, you are only getting a proc rate of 2.16%.  This is very low, and factor in the fact that the initial threat is the most important thing at the start of the fight, 15 agility would be the preferred enchant for Alcor's.

Gives you more reliable threat, and more avoidance so you can focus more TPS on an additional gear slot such as a ring / bracer.