Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
siimplify

Ban appeal is a waste of time

Recommended Posts

I just started playing yesterday, never played Nosalrius, and I got my rogue to level 11. After multiple disconnects after the reset I tried to log in to find my account banned. Made an appeal, and the reply I get is "you were cheating and you are banned".

 

Creating an appeal is a waste of time, as I wasn't cheating, and this high tech automated cheat detection system these servers have is clearly terrible. Don't waste your time creating an appeal because they don't care and you will not be unbanned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man I hope you are not right..i'm fuarkin sad if i imagine to have waisted 5 days leveling and skilling all things to get perma banned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with you guys, i got to level 39, 16 bars to mount time last night around midnight then wake up at 11 am to be banned, hopefully we see a statement soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

we all hope that. We need atleast an explenation for this..I don't want to start all over again and risk to get ban gain someday for no reason

1 hour ago, deathrg said:

I am with you guys, i got to level 39, 16 bars to mount time last night around midnight then wake up at 11 am to be banned, hopefully we see a statement soon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup 31 here as well banned yesterday sometime with no response yet. but the Discord help chat says gm's are working on bans right now finally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Level 60 Warrior, BiS pre-raid Prot and Fury set, max professions, 20 days played. Been banned now for a full 24 hours.

Im calling it, I dont have unlimited time to play and I dont have time to ride these waves of bans and have to wait days to get unbanned. Im in the group that has been banned twice for no reason. 

Have fun playing on a server that may ban you at any moment and lead to you completely wasting your time.

Edited by wsgnzls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wsgnzls said:

Level 60 Warrior, BiS pre-raid Prot and Fury set, max professions, 20 days played. Been banned now for a full 24 hours.

Im calling it, I dont have unlimited time to play and I dont have time to ride these waves of bans and have to wait days to get unbanned. Im in the group that has been banned twice for no reason. 

Have fun playing on a server that may ban you at any moment and lead to you completely wasting your time.

Hold on bro, let's have faith in them. I'm sure they will help us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, my account has been banned too. Multiple level 30s and a 55 with no history of breaking the rules.

I was playing only two nights ago. Last night I tried logging on only to find my account banned.

This is not Nostalrius quality...

Edited by Sirganksalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about incompetent, they've done pretty well aside from the bans.
They just need to f*** that Warden off or fix it.

Hopefully this all blows over when the Devs return from their holidays.

Edited by Sirganksalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only waste of time I see here is this thread. Stirring up hostility for no reason.

Never met a banned person who believed they were at fault, including people who DDOS'ed a server and requested an unban afterwards.

The GM's are working on it, a good hundred have already been resolved.

Most of the accidental bans were related to temp dc bans and the rest compromised accounts, but seems some extras were caught too. I wouldn't stress, a few days off won't hurt you, as frustrating as it may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Molotov said:

 

The GM's are working on it, a good hundred have already been resolved.

Well that's good. What about the other 800+ bans still waiting for any kind of response? Some of them were a week+ old. 

I was banned four days ago and I still haven't heard why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest issue is the GM that replied to me saying their system deteced I was hacking/modifying files, and not informing me on what these alleged hacks/modifications are. I -know- I didn't hack or modify anything, so it is painfully obvious their system is broken and needs to be removed until it isn't falsely banning new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least some of you are being told why you were banned and for how long.  Many of us are sitting here with no information and unable to login. 

Although the game is free, my spare time is of great value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, I was banned Tuesday, then suddenly unbanned and no banned again. If the detection software is the cause, then it needs to be removed. Like most people, my time is trade off. Either I get one thing done or another. And if something isn't reliable, I drop it quickly. I want to give these guys a chance but this is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zerograves2 said:

Agreed, I was banned Tuesday, then suddenly unbanned and no banned again. If the detection software is the cause, then it needs to be removed. Like most people, my time is trade off. Either I get one thing done or another. And if something isn't reliable, I drop it quickly. I want to give these guys a chance but this is ridiculous.

I was also banned Tuesday and magically able to log in on Wednesday. Go to log in tonight, and banned again.  Also, no response or feedback given,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xeorsos said:

Well that's good. What about the other 800+ bans still waiting for any kind of response? Some of them were a week+ old. 

I was banned four days ago and I still haven't heard why. 

That was 100 today alone. And they didn't just start but as you know there is about 800 to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 12/30/2016 at 8:48 PM, wsgnzls said:

Level 60 Warrior, BiS pre-raid Prot and Fury set, max professions, 20 days played. Been banned now for a full 24 hours.

Im calling it, I dont have unlimited time to play and I dont have time to ride these waves of bans and have to wait days to get unbanned. Im in the group that has been banned twice for no reason. 

Have fun playing on a server that may ban you at any moment and lead to you completely wasting your time.

Perhaps you shouldn't have bought/trafficked gold on the server. Your appeal has been updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2016 at 7:06 PM, Molotov said:

That was 100 today alone. And they didn't just start but as you know there is about 800 to do.

How on earth do I +1? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ajinn said:

Perhaps you shouldn't have bought/trafficked gold on the server. Your appeal has been updated.

OH SNAP!

2 hours ago, Sirganksalot said:

How on earth do I +1? Lol

You can only 'Like' posts on these forums haha. It is the 'Like this' button for reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by the appeals, there's not a single cheater or gold seller on the entire server. Also, the people who post right on this forum that the cheat detection doesn't notice their better models mod, are just kidding.

Oh, and all those people who got "hacked" because they used the same password elsewhere? Well, those have just... vaporized, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2017 at 6:35 PM, Molotov said:

OH SNAP!

You can only 'Like' posts on these forums haha. It is the 'Like this' button for reference.

I have no 'Like' button on my screen :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirganksalot said:

I have no 'Like' button on my screen :|

Might need 10 posts or something, I vaguely remember not having it either at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Might need 10 posts or something, I vaguely remember not having it either at some point.

Yep 10 Posts btw.

And about you guys who got banned, appart from the ones actually cheating and/or buying golds, did you happen to do anything suspectful ? Such as trading big amount of gold from a char to another ? And did you download any non-secure addon/modified the game files or even download the whole game from a non-secure website ?

I'm wondering how can the anti-cheat detects you and instantly bans you for no reason at all. All I know is that the anti-cheat system on this server is far from beeing %[email protected]#, stop QQing when you have no idea how good it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×