Sign in to follow this  
rohirrim

Just started my second paladin... (Professions)

I love paladin class! I have a main paladin and I was always in trouble of what to make him.. I love both tanking in dungeons as a Paladin and also love healing. After a few re-talents, I reached the point to need 25g for a retalent and this will go up and up. 

I realized that this will not be sustainable in long term... so I decided to level a second paladin, 1 Holy and 1 Protection! Now I am set :)

I have my main holy now and got him Mining - Engineering. The plan was to have engineering for tanking... but, now I will have another paladin as a tank. Also, I already have good Holy gear and I play with a friend that he play tank. So make him a tank is not an option now (and level the second one as holy).

The thing is, is engineering any helpful for Holy paladin? Should I drop it for something else? I got Mining - Blacksmith on my second paladin (the Tankadin). Although is still at low skills so I can change that too...

How would you distribute professions between the 2 paladins? What would you take in Holy and what in Prot?

THe max respec is 50g Cap, which means a weekly respec for me cost about 100g.

When thinking of making 2 paladins to avoid the respec costs, consider the gear and time ti takes to get them for 2 toons, not to mention if a gear item drops for the wrong toon, this is why I stick with one toon instead of 2, despite me using 2 paladins in the past 4 years for the same thing your doing.

But... that's besides the point. You asked about professions, not if you should have 2 toons. When I used 2 paladins, My main was always Holy (sometimes ret when I was bored of healing) and my Professions early on was BS/Mining. Its nice to be able to craft your own gear when leveling up, not to mention sometimes selling the gear you craft, but eventually i switched to enchanting since its just easier in vanilla to be your own enchanter. I tapped that with mining and that helped me alot, not to mention my warrior alt was armor smith so I had no issues dropping blacksmiths.

now.. on my prot paladin I used engineering simply because its VERY useful for prot paladins.

TL;DR - Main: Enchating or Alch, Second: Engineering/Mining

Thanks for the answer :) Well since my first post is about 4 days ago, I already got alchemy on my Holy Paladin :) I think I may get him Enchanting - Alchemy, since I already have a druid with Herbalism - Alchemy, so I will have a herb farmer. About Blacksmithing... is there anything to craft with intellect? Despite the Whitesoul Helm :)

On 1/8/2017 at 7:07 AM, rohirrim said:

Thanks for the answer :) Well since my first post is about 4 days ago, I already got alchemy on my Holy Paladin :) I think I may get him Enchanting - Alchemy, since I already have a druid with Herbalism - Alchemy, so I will have a herb farmer. About Blacksmithing... is there anything to craft with intellect? Despite the Whitesoul Helm :)

well for healing, Pre-Bis Plate Shoulders - Dawnbringer Shoulders