Spite

Logitech Gaming Software not detecting WoW

As in title. When I launch WoW LGS instead of switching to previously set up Warcraft profile it stays on default. I don't know why. It works in other games including retail WoW

Yeah it isn't. But I was hoping for community help. For someone who encountered similar or identical problem and managed to solve it.

I hope that your attitude is not representing rest of this community

Edited by Spite

Sorry to necro this, but I just installed... after a very long time away from WoW... and dug up my old gaming mouse to boot.

Having the same issue as the OP. Even manually adding the wow.exe to the profile selection, when launching the game it still uses "Default" profile and not the one created specifically for wow.exe. Further investigation shows that when you bring up a process monitor (process lasso, process explorer, etc) the 'executable path' field does not populate for the Elysium wow.exe, which probably has something to do with LGS not hooking. Maybe it's intentional to avoid other third party apps from running on this client or maybe it's just broken code... either way, it's not looking good for a fix. 

However, I'm curious if anyone may have a suggestion on how to circumvent the issue or how to best go about making use of all these side buttons on my mouse without giving up my default profile. OR... if there IS a fix to get the profile to hook, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, PlainOrdinaryGuy said:

Sorry to necro this, but I just installed... after a very long time away from WoW... and dug up my old gaming mouse to boot.

Having the same issue as the OP. Even manually adding the wow.exe to the profile selection, when launching the game it still uses "Default" profile and not the one created specifically for wow.exe. Further investigation shows that when you bring up a process monitor (process lasso, process explorer, etc) the 'executable path' field does not populate for the Elysium wow.exe, which probably has something to do with LGS not hooking. Maybe it's intentional to avoid other third party apps from running on this client or maybe it's just broken code... either way, it's not looking good for a fix. 

However, I'm curious if anyone may have a suggestion on how to circumvent the issue or how to best go about making use of all these side buttons on my mouse without giving up my default profile. OR... if there IS a fix to get the profile to hook, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Try running the game in Windows XP or Windows 7 compatibility modes.