Sign in to follow this  
burningballsack

What level frostbolt for raiding?

On some longer boss fights, Ragnaros for example I'm noticing I'm running out of mana pretty fast, I may be stupid but are you supposed to use your max level frostbolt in raids or is it better to use a lower rank?

If you are WC spec you downrank your first 5 frostbolts (rank 2, so under gcd) till you stack debuff on boss. After/not wc spec max rank, use mana gems, mana pots on cd (dont wait till you near oom, start using when you have spent enough mana which you will replenish), if your guild takes too much time to kill it don't be afraid to evocate... if all that is not enough and you oom you can rank 1 for clearcast procs which you use for max rank cast. But seriously, just using consumables never had to even think of downranking (beside initial for stacking).

On 2017-01-26 at 11:45 PM, wingpuller said:

If you are WC spec you downrank your first 5 frostbolts (rank 2, so under gcd) till you stack debuff on boss. After/not wc spec max rank, use mana gems, mana pots on cd (dont wait till you near oom, start using when you have spent enough mana which you will replenish), if your guild takes too much time to kill it don't be afraid to evocate... if all that is not enough and you oom you can rank 1 for clearcast procs which you use for max rank cast. But seriously, just using consumables never had to even think of downranking (beside initial for stacking).

Even if youre Winter chill specced its not worth downranking first five casts