Sign in to follow this  
jrnicho

Recent Lag

I am not sure if others are having this problem or not. I find that since Thursday the lag has made playing almost impossible. I normally have about 100-200 ms. Since Thursday it has been anywhere from 700-1500 constantly. I haven't seen any updates on the site or twitter. My girlfriend has been having the same problem. We restarted our machines and our router to try and fix it. I was curious if anyone else has been having the same issue. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Its been fine here for me and my friends.  If you and your GF are in the same residence, you may want to see if you are having internet issues in general either by calling your provider or testing it at a site such as speedtest.net . Much luck to you.

You can try running a traceroute to logon.elysium-project.org [164.132.233.125] . It wont fix the issue, but it should give you a better idea of where the problem might be along the path.

Yea it seems to be a provider issue. There is a hop timing out for some reason. It is weird that it started out of nowhere. Thanks for the advice/help.

It also seems that mostly ATT users are affected. It started after the ddos attacks last week so maybe it is something ATT is doing. It could be throttling in response or something else. I was on the subreddit and found tons of posts about it.

i'm using tunnelbear VPN, latency is "high" for me (200-300ms, my normal is 100-140) but stable and super playable. it's ten bucks a month, which is a lot to play a free game but compared to a starbucks coffee or snacks for a few days...

Not that is free as of yet to everyone. I get a free vpn from school, but haven't tried it yet. I will have to check the elysium sub reddit and see. I think there might have been on mentioned there. I will update once I have that information.

I hope this helps. I have honestly stopped playing for the time being until they get whatever is wrong fixed if they even do. I am just killing time until crestfall releases and I can start the pte.

I am having the same issues aswell. used to have green bar till last week. now I get in a grp and it jumps to yellow/red and am super lagged out. I use at&t and am in the dallas area.

Edited by Lightningstrikes
goof