Sign in to follow this  
Alright

Verified Email Address

verifiedmail.jpg

Hi everyone!

As most of you are aware, we activated a security feature earlier today which requires accounts to have a verified email address in order to log in. Due to the sudden implementation of this feature, our website log in servers took a drastic hit due to increased traffic resulting in errors. As a result, we temporarily disabled this feature.

In 48 hours from the time of this post, this feature will be re-enabled meaning that you must have a verified email address in order to play. There's numerous reasons behind adding this feature, but the biggest reason is account security. We also suggest (as always) adding 2FA onto your accounts to keep them as secure as possible.

We are also aware that some users no longer have access to the email in which they signed up with. Our staff is working on a solution over the course of these 48 hours to make sure that you will be able to play as soon as possible and will provide an update as soon as we can.

While these new features may be a minor inconvenience, it's in the best interest of your overall security in your investment here at Elysium.

I won't be able to log into my account. I entered my email wrong when i created my account to transfer my characters from Nost, once i had done the transfer, i obviously couldn't edit the email address. I missed the "l" in gmail... (wrote gmai instead) No i have characters on Anethema and Elysium which i play every day, so i am losing access to my account because of this new feature? I have made GMs aware of this in the past... There will be many, many players in my situation or similar with no more access to their emails as i see you have addressed, but the solution must be available at the same time, we can't get locked out of our accounts because of this.

10 hours ago, lostacc101 said:

we can't get locked out of our accounts because of this.

Vanilla like addiction achieved.  Another Elysium milestone reached/