Sign in to follow this  
jcochran

The Rake is no longer king.

I decided to take a detailed look at the database for this server as stored on GitHUB and noticed a rather interesting cat. The Savanna Cub. That cat is level 9 and has an attack speed of 1.2. What makes that so interesting is "The Rake" is level 10 and also has an attack speed of 1.2. Because of that speed, the rake is quite valued for level 19 hunter battle ground twinks because of its excellent caster push back. Only issue is the Rake is a rare spawn and rather difficult to get. The Savanna Cub is not a rare spawn. Looking at http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=5766#wh-comments I see a single comment on that cub.

It should be noted that these are not tameable, for all intents and purposes. When you attempt to tame one, it gives you the error message of "that pet is already controlled," as it is considered a 'pet' of Savannah Matriarch. Killing the matriarch will not change this status, and disengaging from combat after doing so causes the cub to despawn.

Well, since we're not actually using BLizzard's original vanilla code, but instead we're using a re-implementation, I decided to test that comment. And as things currently stand, the Savanna Cub is easily tamable.

So if you're a low level hunter aspiring to be a level 19 twink, the Rake and the Savanna Cub both have the same speed and trainable abilities.

The King is dead, long live the King.

good find

any idea if a wind serpent is better than the cub at 19? I use the wind serpent primarily due to mage mana shield since it bypasses it, but in 19s mages dont have access to mana shield...would this cat be a better option then?

В 11.10.2017 в 03:31, AciDTRiP сказал:

good find

any idea if a wind serpent is better than the cub at 19? I use the wind serpent primarily due to mage mana shield since it bypasses it, but in 19s mages dont have access to mana shield...would this cat be a better option then?

well u can put warriors in combat with LB