just.because

PvE end game rotation

I started playing WoW just before BC was released and I never got to experience vanilla end game, so started leveling a lock. I just watched a video of a warlock raiding ZG and MC. Does the rotation (if you can call it that) really consists of just having CoE on the boss and spamming shadow bolt!? Like I know that boss and class mechanics are anything but challenging in vanilla, but does it really just come down to spamming ONE spell all thru end game content? Or am I missing something?

99% of the time its just shadowbolt spam. You occasionally throw in shadowburns to finish off stuff, you occasionally searing pain when bolt is too slow or fire vuln.

Curse+corruption(if SM/Ruin)+shadowbolt

Renew corruption when it fades

Dont put curses on trash if your guild DPS is high

On 2017-08-28 at 4:56 AM, Orpheus148 said:

So with SM/Ruin build do you not bother with immolate, shadow burn and Soul fire?

short answer: No you dont.

according to calculations you optimize for shadow dmg so that leaves off immolate and soul fire that are fire dmg. in raids all you do is make sure that CoE (for mages) or CoS (for warlocks) is up and spam shadow bolts as that is the most optimal DPS.

If you think that is boring nothing is stopping you to push other buttons but it will decrease DPS.