Sign in to follow this  
samwamjam

Can't stay in Elysium

I am having the same issue. I verified contents of realmlist, deleted WDB folder. 

I will be connected for a few seconds, and then I get disconnected. For all characters, and all servers. 

There are a huge number of posts regarding this problem.

Are you running on an expanded file or the compressed one?

Is the WoW folder not in Programs?

Have you deleted the WDB folder before starting?

Have you edited the realmlist.wtf to contain set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org ONLY

Have you checked that the realmlist.wtf has not picked up a .txt extension?

etc.

Please state what you have tried.

I'm having the same issue. 

I am running the expanded file (decompressed) from the torrent supplied through the play now link.

I have placed WoW in programs and (x86)

I have deleted the WDB folder, every time I launch the game the folder reappears.

I have edited the config file which has the set realm, every time I launch it reverts back to blizzard logon server. The torrent did not have a realmlist.wtf file.

Copied the Config file (which is a WTF file) and renamed it realmlist.wtf, cleaned out to the contents and set it to set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org, still not working and the WDB and config files return. 

I confirmed I am able to tracert out of my network but i am not able to ping the logon server.

I get the same error as poster in4abil from this thread on 10/7 @11:41PM:

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47544-unable-to-connect-to-one-or-all-servers-read-here/?page=6

Edited by Apok34

I have deleted the WDB folder, every time I launch the game the folder reappears.

The WDB is a temporary caching folder that is automatically generated by the WoW client whenever it is run. 

I would recommend extracting/setting up your WoW client outside the Program Files directories, as it sounds like you are running afoul of UAC in windows and your changes are not being saved.

On 10/8/2017 at 11:12 PM, Stodola said:

The WDB is a temporary caching folder that is automatically generated by the WoW client whenever it is run. 

I would recommend extracting/setting up your WoW client outside the Program Files directories, as it sounds like you are running afoul of UAC in windows and your changes are not being saved.

I've extracted to the desktop and have this issue. I extracted to a thumb drive and still had this issue. Any ideas?

This is frustrating, why doesn't the download have this setup to begin with?

I was able to fix it. You have to change the realmlist.WTF file in the primary folder, not the WTF folder. 

See you ingame!