Sign in to follow this  
geodude074

Just played AV on Elysium for the first time...

Wow. Shittiest PvP experience I've ever had in any game. This is the most exploited, most one-sided, most shittiest PvP I've ever seen. I'd rather play Rift PvP than this Elysium shit. Hell, I'd even play RETAIL WoW than this Elysium shit

You have 20-30 Alliance running to Galv and then wiping. While 20-30 Horde go through the backdoor and take the GY. Then the Alliance who wiped, run around the battleground not doing anything. Horde just stand at the GY and camp and exploit by pulling one guard at a time.

There's no PvP. The Alliance don't bother to attempt to take back the GY because 20-30 Horde went through the backdoor and are already there camping. The Alliance can't take any objectives because they're so spread out, while the Horde scale walls like Spider-Man and use exploits in the game to pull the guards one by one, until Van is left for easy tanking. You can't even hide behind him because the players can still kill you with range and he doesn't aggro. The Horde doesn't even need to take any bunkers because they can just exploit and kill the guards.

Nothing but bugs, exploits, and broken mechanics all favoring one side. There's no PvP, people just stand around, each game has maybe 10-15 kills total. 

This shit isn't fun. I remember vanilla AV being the most fun PvP experiences I ever had, hence why I rolled on Elysium to hopefully relive those days. But now that I finally made it... can't believe how shitty the Elysium devs have handled AV on this server.

Edited by geodude074

This is not the only aspect you gonna hate about this server. There are tons of non blizzlike changes in the game, exploits and corruption going around that you gonna explore soon. Welcome to Elysium, where 10000 players dont give a f.

vanilla AV has always been shit, too much PvE mobs/elites

retail handled it much better by removing all the unnecessary garbage. you can still summon the tree and icelords and the mechanics are largely the same. I jsut dont like the "2000" resource cap they did on retail, means you can no longer gy farm alliance or horde indefinitely as every player you kill gives you 1 resource so the game will end sooner or later

also are you new?there has always been an "AV back door" there is videos showcasing it as early as 2005 or 2006 on youtube. its not an exploit. this is 100% blizzlike

Retail AV is garbage now.  But I agree using an obvious exploit (the back door bug) is not blizlike. They removed that bug in a future patch.

Alliance exploit too - they pull the war masters out of Dreks room and then just go in on Drek without touching one of them. They don't even have to kill the war masters at all they just pull them to the tree and go straight for Drek.  Maybe you should get with the 7 minute win premade group.

Regardless of who rushes boss, all it takes is a few good players in the right spots to prevent any team from rushing boss.  Blame the players for this, not the battleground.

The main problem is that people are forced to play a battleground they don't enjoy in order to get certain rewards, so they will do whatever is necessary to get the battleground done as quick as possible. They want to win or lose as fast as possible and avoid all PVP.  When that doesn't work for them, they rage quit the game and leave those of us who do enjoy the BG to pick up the pieces.