Sign in to follow this  
Mazie

What should i play H/A and class?

Hello!

I am new to Elysium, stumbled on it after the announcement of Classic WoW got my WoW juices flowing :D

I want to start playing some of the best WoW which was Vanilla and TBC, so figured since this is a fairly new realm, I'd start here!

Seeing as Im new here, I have no clue how the ratios are on Elysiums server, so Im looking for some advise.

I would be playing for the PvE part mainly, so what I'm eager to figure out is:

Horde or Alliance for raiding? 

In Vanilla Horde was superior due to bloodlust, but is that also the situation on Elysium, are Horde generally better at PvE?

Which class?

In Vanilla my servers mainly lacked experienced tanks, primarily warriors. I played a mage in Vanilla, being in the nr. 1 guild on my realm (all server firsts in Vanilla except 1 ZG boss). But in TBC I swapped to prot warr and LOVED it, i ended up migrating to join a top world guild (Silence on Silvermoon) and progressed through BT before having to go a bit more casual.

Ideally I would play a tank, and preferably a main tank at that, but that is dependant on actually getting to tank and do stuff, otherwise I'd prefer DPS. Basically I thrive when I actually get to do stuff :)

So what does Elysiums servers generally lack more, what would be the right thing to play?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Edited by Mazie

Tbh, you can not really go wrong. Horde or Alliance, you'll have a blast, not sure about the actual ratio, but both sides will fulfill your needs. No worries. :)

Class wise, again, pick what you like. Just a heads up, there's so many warriors and mages from what I've seen.

Best of luck. 

5 minutes ago, Kalmar said:

Just a heads up, there's so many warriors and mages from what I've seen.

Thats exactly the info I needed! Would have gone for prot warr or mage if i didnt have that.

I like to play several classes, and have a few that I actually know how to play in Vanilla. So the choice is stick with prot warr and out-shine all the others to become main tank, or a dps other than mage. :)

Good luck mate.

This is an awesome server, you will realize that pretty soon. Population is really high. Low lvl zones are crowded to a point where some quests are hard to complete due to competition. 

Best of luck.

Read on a reddit post that raid spots, on vanilla servers, are borderline impossible to get as a prot warr, is that really true?

Months will pass before you hit 60, so don't worry about that and play the class you enjoy the most because at the end of the day we're here to have fun. Regardless of the class/spec you're playing, there's always a spot for a good player, just make sure when the time comes you're  in a good guild. :)

Edited by Kalmar

Well, the point is to raid, so I would want to play a role that actually is possible to get into raids with :)

On ‎17‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 1:59 PM, Mazie said:

Well, the point is to raid, so I would want to play a role that actually is possible to get into raids with :)

with the right friends any class can join raids. It's easier for a priest then it is for a prot warrior or hunter but just befriend the classes that are needed in guilds and you can proberly tag along with someone's guild.