Sign in to follow this  
petroix

Question about stats

Does +int affect healing spells? Or damage spells? What int gives me except more mana and spell crit %?
Can i get spell power or spell damage while leveling? Does it give me sth else except more damage from spells?
Also spirit = only mana/hp per 5sec or it does sth more?

I also wonder what are the best stats for leveling paladin then. Is it worth boosting consecration/seal damage or sanctuary/holy shield? Or go full white damage? And for holy is it worth going for spell crit before level 60?

Intellect only affects your mana and spell crit chance for all spells including healing ones.

Spirit - only mana/hp per 5s.

Isn't it enough for any mana-based character?

Spell power also affects your healing spells. There are also healing power items, that only affect your healing, but have a higher bonus.

Both are pretty rare at low levels - I'd say you can count to get something decent only in 55-60 dungeons.

As of stats it depends on how you plan to level - solo, group, dungeons? Tank and healing specced characters usually tend to have hard time with soloing, but thrive in groups. General rule with stats: every next point of the same stat on the same item has a higher "price".

Compare two identical items with the same item level designed for different classes:

https://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=20057

https://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=20058

See how adding 10 intellect only costs you 5 stamina? That's why I always go with a sum of important stats.

But realizing which ones are the most important - that's the real trick.

There's no definite answer to a gearing question, because player goals, builds and playstyles are so different. You can only find your own answer based on your situation and personal experience. It means go out there, try, fail and adjust. No way around it.

If you struggle with your manapool, increase it. Same goes to every other aspect. You can make yourself a tin can or a glass cannon. Or something in between.

Don't forget It's your game and you're playing it for fun. So go with whatever pleases you and don't listen to the people that just want another pocket healer if that isn't something you want to be.

2 часа назад, Motorbreath сказал:

Tank and healing specced characters usually tend to have hard time with soloing, but thrive in groups.

well it's not about paladin. prot is rly good spec for solo game quests/grind etc.

Every class and spec is rly good for soloing - after all it's the easiest challenge in the game. If you're not completely naked or braindead you will succeed.

The problem people are usually having with solo tank/healer is it being too slow and boring. And let's face it - paladin is probably the most defense-oriented class in the game, so it's much easier to overdo the defense part rather than the offence.

I personally levelled by tanking dungeons only, so yeah - too slow and boring is definetly not a problem for me.

But we need to take into consideration topic starter's experience, the person is asking about very basic game and class mechanics here.